DANGER:: DRAMA; this SHOULD be the last scene.. I think..

Is this Love even possible?

As Chohee and Jaehyung traveled silently through the house, their eyes and ears sharp for the slightest noise or movement, they noticed the signs of fighting as they got farther and farther into the secluded part of the house.

 

Chohee rolled her eyes. She thought these men were idiots. Afterall, this was her own house. If these men were going to kidnap her Woohyun, did they really not think that she would come this way first? She hated the sights of the broken furniture or the scruffed carpet because she knew, if they managed to drag Woohyun all the way here, he was most likely injured.

 

The very thought of these men laying their hands on her Woohyun made her blood boil. Her hand checked the dagger she had taken from her hideout and slipped onto a strap that was around her ankle. The quiver felt familiar on her back, as did the bow that her right had gripped tightly.

 

Jaehyung flexed his wrists as he held his two knives casually at the back of his neck. He knew what was about to happen. He knew he would have to face his dad and choose which side he was on. He glanced at Chohee and saw her serious face. He could feel her sincerity. He knew his choice.

 

And dinner was in about thirty minutes. Jaehyung knew his father was going to act either during dinner, or afterward. They didn't have that much time.

 

They placed their ears to the door and heard the hushed voices of men talking.

 

Jaehyung gently placed his knives on the floor and held up six fingers- there were six men in there. He picked up his knives again and nodded to Chohee.

 

They burst into the room, shocking the men inside. Before they could react, Chohee shot her arrow at the chains that held Woohyun to the wall. The chains shattered upon impact and Chohee rushed forward to catch Woohyun before he hit the floor cold.

 

Jaehyung shut the door behind him and eyed the men in the room. "You're stupid enough to pick a place where no one can here us," Jaehyung grinned.

 

The men rushed at him. Jaehyung closed his eyes. He didn't want to have bloodshed on his hands. When he opened his eyes, he swung, slashing the gun out of a man's hands while kicking another in his extremely sensitive area. Chohee crouched beside Woohyun and fired her arrows with extreme precision, rendering the weapons of the enemies useless.

 

It was two teenagers against six armed men.

 

Jaehyung used his knives carefully- he only made flesh wounds, not fatal wounds. He spun around, punched a man with the hilt of his knife, spun around again, kneed a man in his groin, and lashed out at a third man.

 

"Watch out!" Jaehyung could only cry out his warning when he saw a man raise his gun across the room. The knife he flung sliced the man's hand a split second after the silenced gunshot shook the air.

 

Chohee threw herself in front of Woohyun and felt the searing pain in her side. She gasped as the pain took over her mind and she doubled over on the floor.

 

"Chohee!" Jaehyung was instantly by her side. He cussed a few times and looked up at the men with a deadly glint in his eyes. "Move and I. Will. Kill. You."

 

The men scoffed. Why should they listen to a mere teenager?

 

Jaehyung threw his remaining knife at a man and it landed parallel to the man's neck- only a thin hair-length away. Jaehyung calmly retrieved his knives while the men were stunned into silence.

 

"Chohee, stay with me, okay? You're okay. Thank God it didn't hit anything vital." Jaehyung got up. Rage flooded his veins. Before the men knew what happened, Jaehyung knocked them all unconscious, dragged their bodies to the wall, and chained them up.

 

Chohee stared up at her savior through half lidded eyes. She could barely register her amazement at his fighting skills through the intense pain she felt. Jaehyung tore a strip off his shirt and wrapped it tightly against Chohee's wounds. She gritted her teeth against the pressure applied.

 

From beside her, she felt Woohyun stir to consciousness and heard his low groan a second later. Ignoring her pain, she crawled to his side. "Woohyun. Can you hear me?"

 

"Cho...hee?" Woohyun groaned again and sat up, leaning against the wall for support as he opened his eyes. "What happened!" He straightened in alarm when he saw the bloody makeshift bandage wrapped around her torso. 

 

"She took a bullet for you." Jaehyung replied grimly. "We need to get moving, now. I don't know when my Father plans on striking."

 

"Chohee!" Woohyun admonished. "Why on earth would you do that? Now you're hurt!"

 

"You'd be dead if it wasn't for me," Chohee retorted as she struggled to stand. Jaehyung stepped forward and helped her up. "Can't you be grateful for once, instead of blaming yourself?"

 

"It kills me to see you hurt," Woohyun grimaced as he also rose unsteadily to his feet. 

 

"Same here," Chohee replied softly. She gently placed her hand on Woohyun's cheek. "Why can't you understand that you mean as much to me as I do you?" She sighed and turned to go, but stopped when Woohyun's hand covered hers. 

 

Woohyun shut his eyes, sighed, and leaned his head against the wall again. "Chohee..." His hand tightened around hers and his fingers slipped between hers. "When they were beating me back then, I seriously thought I was going to die. And after they killed me, they would go after you and your father. The thought of failing you stabbed at me and hurt more than the physical blows I was receiving. But what really killed me on the inside was the thought of being separated from you forever," he played with their entwined hands. "And right now we're about to go against several armed men. If anything happens to me-"

 

"Don't say that," Chohee interrupted. "All three of us," she glanced up at Jaehyung, who had moved to the other side of the room to give them privacy, "are going to make it through this."

 

Woohyun looked at her determined face and smiled slightly. "Now I understand what your father was trying to say the day we left for America," he laughed dryly. "It took a near death experience to realize it." He worked his way to a standing position and stretched his bruised muscles carefully. "I'm okay. They're all just bruise wounds."

 

"But Chohee, perhaps you should stay back," Jaehyung advised. "Your injury is going to drag you down, and that'll drag the two of us," he looked over at Woohyun, "down with you."

 

Chohee hated the thought of not helping them. She raised her head with determination. "This is my life to risk."

 

"Chohee. Please think about it," Woohyun intervened. "Admiral Chungsoo knows that you're our weakness. If he sees that you're extremely injured, he's gonna use that to his advantage."

 

Chohee saw his logic and knew he was right. "I'll stay out of sight, but I'm still going to help."

 

"That's the best we're gonna get out of her," Jaehyung grinned. "Let's get going. How 'bout you stay low and cover us with your bow?"

 

"Deal," Chohee nodded. 

 

They stopped by Chohee's room to get her properly fixed. Woohyun tried to keep his mind blank while he ripped Chohee's shirt away from her injury. He applied medicine and made sure the bullet wasn't lodged in her flesh. Chohee hissed when she felt the medicine burn, but there was nothing she could do about it. Jaehyung was polite enough to stare in the opposite direction throughout the whole procedure. When they were done, Chohee took a deep breath and blinked away the tear that threatened to fall from the sharp pain. Woohyun drew her into a comforting hug. 

 

When they pulled apart, Chohee happened to look up and ended up mesmerized by Woohyun's startled eyes. He pulled her close again and pressed his lips against her forehead. Chohee reached up on her tiptoes and tilted her head so that her lips met Woohyun's. 

 

And of course, the sweet moment didn't last long.

 

"Hey, sorry to interrupt you two lovebirds, but the president of korea is about to be assassinated."

 

Chohee and Woohyun shyly broke apart at Jaehyung's impatient words. They obediently followed him out. Woohyun hid near the dining room, since he was supposed to be in that secluded room, while Jaehyung and Chohee entered the room with smiles. Chohee hid her pain behind a pokerface and underneath her clean, bloodless blouse. Her skirt, which was slightly longer than mid thigh, hid her dual knives. Jaehyung, likewise, had his knives hidden. They were both also equipped with extra finger-length daggers. 

 

Everyone at the dining table had fake smiles plastered across their faces. Conversation was light, if any. Dinner past by fast, without a single incident. 

 

Afterwards, the president announced that he was going to go on his usual walk. Jaehyung noticed the meaningful look that passed between his father and one of his men. Jaehyung nudged Chohee and they excused themselves. 

 

They met up with Woohyun at Chohee's private archery rang and weapon storage to plan their next move. They went over the president's usual path. Admiral Chungsoo was most likely to attack when the president was the farthest away from the security of his house, inside the fenced woods. Chohee handed out bullet proof vests. After hesitating, she handed out small pistols. 

 

"We can't only depend on knives and arrows, despite them bring our specialties, against guns," Chohee rationalized. The guys nodded. They set out for the forest. 

 

Once they made sure that the pathway was clear, Chohee skillfully skimmed up a tree and found a spot where she was securely wedged in, enabling her to use both her hands. She ignored the pain in her side and focused her attention on detecting unusual sounds. Woohyun perched atop a tree across from Chohee and positioned himself similarly to Chohee since he, too, opted for a bow and arrows. They had taken a gamble and marked this location as where Admiral Chohee's attack would happen. Chohee and Woohyun had the clearing covered- the enemies would have arrows raining down on them from both sides. Jaehyung was crouching in the cover of the dense bushes. They waited. 

 

Sure enough, soon they heard the footsteps of the president crunching through the fallen leaves. He was accompanied by five armed guards. Chohee didn't know if the men were trustworthy- she doubted everyone now, except for Woohyun and Jaehyung. 

 

Chohee's head whipped backwards when she heard another sound sneaking up on her father. She held back a growl when she saw Admiral Chingsoo and his favorite gun. A bird call shot through the air and Chohee instantly recognized the signal from Jaehyung. The melody repeated itself six times, paused, and repeated itelf again- there were twelve men with Admiral Chungsoo. Chohee couldn't see Jaehyung, but she knew he already went into action. He was supposed to pick off the men at the edge of Admiral Chungsoo's pack. 

 

A bird call sounded from Woohyun's tree and Chohee notched an arrow to her bow. When the second call came, she readied herself, took a deep breath, cocked her head slightly, aimed at a man, and let her arrow soar through the air. She winced when she heard the thud and the scream that followed after her weapon cut through the man's leg. Chaos broke out. The president's men instantly clumped around him as a shield while Admiral Chungsoo and his men rushed forward now that their cover was blown. 

 

It wasn't much of a fight. Chohee and Woohyun had underestimated how much damage their arrows could deal. They both aimed for the legs first, disabling the men from escaping, and then aimed for their hands to prevent them from shooting. And Jaehyung was dragging men into the thick bush and knocking them unconscious after a little fight. The only unwounded enemy was Admiral Chungsoo, who was fuming at how years of secret planning had been destroyed so fast. He glanced up at Chohee's tree. 

 

When he raised the gun in her direction, her eyes widened. She had been shot once already, there was no way she was going through that excruciating misery again. Admiral Chungsoo blindly fired into her tree and barely missed. 

 

"Stop shooting!" The captain of the president's guards called out. "Place your gun on the ground and surrender!"

 

Admiral Chungsoo glanced at the man. He raised his arm slowly, deliberately, and fired once more at Chohee's tree. Luckily, he missed again. 

 

Jaehyung watched his father shoot at his friend and furrowed his eyebrows. There was something up with his father's strange behavior. Why would his father shoot aimlessly into trees?

 

He realized, too late, that his father was opting for a distraction. Why was he realizing everything a bit too late today? His knife reached the president's traitorous guard a split second after the man turned and fired on the president. While everyone was stunned, while the president was doubled over on the ground, while Chohee's scream hung in the air, and while Admiral Chungsoo began shooting down the remaining guards, Jaehyung stepped out of the trees. 

 

"Father. What are you doing?" 

 

"Ah, you were here the whole time, my boy?" Admiral Chungsoo paused from his killing to look at his son. "Join me, son, and we will rule Korea together." 

 

They both turned to look as Chohee dropped out of the trees, landed harshly on the ground, paused to catch her breath and wait for the pain in her side to receede, and rush over to her father. "APPA!" 

 

"Join me, my son, or she dies alongside her father," Admiral Chungsoo leveled his gun at the pair on the ground. 

 

"You've killed so many innocent people," Jaehyung whispered. "Why? Why would you betray the president?" 

 

"This has been my plan all along, and your grandfather's plan as well. Why do you think I managed to befriend the would-be president when we were little kids?" Admiral Chungsoo smiled. 

 

"You bastard," Chohee spat. "You horrible bastard." 

 

"You have five seconds to decide," Admiral Chungsoo declared. "After five seconds, I'm going to shoot regardless of whose side you choose to be on." 

 

Jaehyung knew the only way out of this was to kill his own father, to kill the man who raised him, to kill the man he trusted all his life. 

... But he couldn't bring himself to do it.

 

There were lives at stake. The president would die if they didn't end this quickly and bring medical help. The whole future of the country was hanging on the edge. 

 

But Jaehyung stared at his father and his hand gripped his knife tightly. He was frozen. 

 

"That's my boy. You're on my side, right?" Admiral Chungsoo smiled again. There were seventeen dead men on the ground, twelve of them being his own men. 

 

Jaehyung, clear your mind. Don't fall for his evil trap. Jaehyung blinked as he heard his mother's voice in his head. Gathering strength from her, Jaehyung opened his eyes and threw his knife in a straight line. His knife embedded itself in his father's heart, and Admiral Chungsoo stared at his son in shock as he slowly slumped to the ground on his knees. 

 

Woohyung dropped out of his tree and patted Jaehyung's shoulder. He had been hiding his presence and was prepared to back Jaehyung up- to kill Admiral Chungsoo. 

 

Woohyun stepped past the fallen bodies and helped the president walk back toward the house. Chohee followed closely behind at first, but then she turned back when she realized that Jaehyung wasn't with them. She found Jaehyung staring at his father's lifeless body.

 

She knew he made a huge sacrifice.

 

Chohee reached out and took hold of Jaehyung's arm. When he finally blinked at her, she smiled gently. "Come on, let's go back to the house."

 

He nodded and allowed her to lead him through the forest.

 

When they arrived, they found police swarming the grounds with flashing lights and were informed that the president was always on his way to the hospital. Woohyun walked up to them and told them in a dry voice that Chohee's father was going to be all right.  

 

"Jaehyung," Chohee looked over at the pale boy, "Thank you. But now... where are you going to go?" 

 

"I... I... I don't know," Jaehyung muttered. He had lived with his father all his life, and now... 

 

"Stay here," Chohee said earnestly. "We have so many rooms and way too much food. Please?" 

 

He looked into her eager, kind face and nodded. "Thank you," he whispered. 

 

"Welcome, man," Woohyun clasped Jaehyung on his back. "And Chohee, go over to that ambulance. It's waiting for you. Go get your injury checked out, okay? So I can have a peaceful mind?" 

 

"I hate hospitals, Oppa!" Chohee protested with a pout. 

 

Woohyun smirked and pulled her into a kiss. When he broke away, he leaned his forehead against hers and looked her in the eye. "Go, please?" 

 

She couldn't refuse and left with a sigh. 

 

Jaehyung watched the police as they investigated. "Today was one of the craziest days of my life. I think I'm going to have nightmares for the rest of my life." 

 

"You did what you had to though. You saved the nation, you saved the president, and you saved Chohee." Woohyun could see Jaehyung's panic settling in. "Don't worry. You're welcome to stay here forever. Your mother must be proud of you." 

 

Jaehyung looked up at Wooyhun, startled. "How did you know-?" 

 

"I did a background check on you, remember?" 

 

Jaehyung nodded and glanced up into the cloudless sky. He felt the sun beat down on him softly, and the heat lingered on his skin before melting away. "Thank you, Mom." 

 

 

~~~~~~~

So I just got back yesterday from a business trip (I'm interning at this one company this summer). Tomorrow I'm going to be busy, but I'll hopefully update one of my other stories. This chapter's kinda long... And there will probably be one more chapter on this drama story to wrap it up. But the next chapter is going to Christina x Eli! I missed writing about them. 

I don't like how there's a huge chunk of drama scenes.. I might go back and change it so that there are a few Christina x Eli scenes in the middle. If I do, I'll keep y'all informed. 

But I'm leaving saturday to go to LA for a week! I can't update while I'm there because I have a packed schedule. Sorry guys!

And what size font do y'all like? Or do y'all not care?