DANGER:: DRAMA EPISODE

Is this Love even possible?

Throughout the day, Woohyun made sure that Chohee was always within his eyesight. He often felt a pair of eyes gazing at him, the same eyes from yesterday, but they would disappear before Woohyun had a chance to gather information. Chohee had given him the description she managed to profile yesterday, and Woohyun was determined to use it to his advantage. 

 

Short, dark brown hair with bangs that went sideways. 

 

Woohyun's eyes casually swept over all the students in his fourth period class room. There were about four guys with that hair. 

 

About six feet tall. 

 

Everyone was sitting down, waiting for the bell to ring, signaling their release to their next period. 

 

Pierced ears. 

 

That narrowed the list of suspects down to two guys. 

 

Handsome face. 

 

Still the two guys. 

 

Cocky attitude with a fashion sense. 

 

Bingo. Woohyun found his man, Park Jaehyung. Later that day, after asking around, Woohyun had discovered that Jaehyung transferred to their high school only a week before they had. 

 

The biggest question Woohyun had: Was Park Jaehyung a friend or a foe? 

 

After watching the boy carefully, and noting his swift movements that were filled with confidence, Woohyun knew Jaehyung was a fighter, much like Woohyun himself. And indeed, the boy's eyes were constantly roaming over to where Woohyun and Chohee sat, as if he was suspicious of the two. 

 

When lunch came, Woohyun and Chohee sat by themselves, near the window of the cafeteria. It wasn't that they weren't friendly, which they were, but they were still weary of the others, especially after yesterday's encounter with the strange men. Much to their surprise, footsteps headed their way and they looked up to see Jaehyung smiling at them. 

 

"May I join you two?" Without waiting for their answer, he plopped down beside them and began digging into his food. 

 

"... Sure," Chohee shrugged as she noticed the look Woohyun was giving the boy. Ah, she smiled, so this is my stranger. 

 

"You two transfered here at an odd time," Jaehyung said between gulps of his lunch, "Did you know that?" 

 

"Why's that?" Just like yesterday, Chohee feigned innocence. 

 

"There are rumors going around in Korea that the President's daughter and her bodyguard escaped to America recently," Jaehyung responded without missing a beat. 

 

"Two men approached us yesterday asking if a student named Chohee had enrolled," Woohyun replied evenly. "Apparently they were sent to be her bodyguards, but they lost contact with her." 

 

"Likely story," Jaehyung snorted, his disbelief evident. He got up, threw his lunch away, and sat back down again. "I do wonder where the President's daughter is, since no one has ever seen her." 

 

"I heard she's in China," Chohee said carefully. "It was an article on this Korean news website that I check every morning." 

 

"Is that right," Jaehyung leaned back in his seat. "You should be careful, Kyra, of who you trust in America." WIth that, he left. 

 

Woohyun exhaled sharply. "Well, Kyra, I think we're done with lunch for today." 

 

Chohee noted his neutral tone and knew that Woohyun was holding back information that he couldn't speak about in a public location. "I suppose so, Jay." 

 

Right when they left the cafeteria, they came face to face with Jaehyung again; this time he was surrounded by a crowd of squealing girls. When they brushed past his group, he barely lifted his head to acknowledge the pair. 

 

The queenka from yesterday timidly approached Woohyun with her head bowed in an act of servitude. "Oppa, I know we got off on the wrong foot yesterday, but I'm really sorry. I didn't know that Kyra was your girl."

 

Chohee shifted her feet impatiently as she waited for Woohyun to respond. She hated it when girls hit on her Woohyun oppa. 

 

"So what do you want?" Woohyun had no patience either for fake girls. 

 

"Can we start over?" The girl raised her head and batted her eyelashes. "I'm Yujin Kim."

 

"Yeah, I know. I heard you yesterday," Woohyun replied shortly as he raked his hand through his perfect hair. 

 

Yujin saw this as an opportunity to latch onto Woohyun's arm. "Jay Oppa, do you want to hang out today?" 

 

Shaking her off, Woohyun held back his anger. He closed his eyes and counted to ten, slowly. When he opened his eyes, he stared at Chohee's face. She always managed to calm him down. 

 

"Yujin, he's my oppa," Chohee smiled sweetly at the girl. By now, another crowd had gathered around them. Chohee saw Jaehyung watching them from the outer edge. "Why don't you go find a guy who likes plastic girls like you? Jay oppa hates girls like you. Leave him alone," she snapped. Purposely grabbing Woohyun's hand, she smiled one more time at the girl, her eyes flashing in anger, as she walked away with Woohyun.

 

Laughing, Woohyun turned around to face a pouting Chohee. He ruffled her hair with affection. "Aish, my little Kyra is growing up! She's defending herself now." 

 

"Oppa," Chohee crinkled her nose as she straightened her hair, "I've always been growing up!" 

 

"Too fast," Woohyun grinned as he messed her hair up again. 

 

As they left, they failed to notice a pair of eyes that had followed them. Earrings gleamed in the sunlight as Jaehyung disappeared back into the school. 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

"President Choi!" 

 

The exhausted man looked up when he heard his name. A tired smile broke out on his face when he recognized his most trusted man. "What is it, Admiral Chungsoo?" 

 

"I just received news that Chohee and Woohyun are well, sir." 

 

"Thank Heavens for that. I'm surprised she hasn't stirred up trouble yet," the president sighed. His hands rubbed his temple as he stared at the pile of papers stacked before him. There was always so much work, yet so little time. And to add onto his normal level of stress, the threats were increasing at a rapid rate. He feared that his country might be ripped apart by the rebels. 

 

"Woohyun sent notice that men have been searching for them already." 

 

Leaning back in his seat, the president stared up at the ceiling. "How would people suspect that my daughter is gone? Unless someone on the inside has been informing the rebels... Admiral Chungsoo, I'm afraid that we might have traitors in our system." 

 

The large man nodded, his own eyes filled with exhaustion. He had been working with President Choi for as long as he could remember; they had grown up together as children and entered politics together as well. They were like brothers. Chohee and Woohyun were like his own children to him; he was going to protect them no matter what. "Sir, I sent my son to join Chohee and Woohyun as well."

 

Despite his lack of sleep, the president's eyes flew open and he sat upright. "You sent your own son? This can become very dangerous, Admiral!" 

 

"I know. But I have faith in my son. Though he's never met Chohee or Woohyun, I've told him to keep an eye on them." 

 

A beeping sounded from the president's computer, signaling that someone had entered into the vacinity. The alarm system had been placed outside the doors to the lobby of the president's working room. It had been meant for circumstances such as this one, where the president had been discussing important matters that could not fall into the ears of outside listeners. By the time the knock came at the door, the president and the admiral were discussing normal topics, such as the rising gas prices. 

 

"Come in," the president called. He glanced at the Admiral. His secretary hadn't paged him to inform him about his visitors. The president slowly and quietly drew out his gun and placed it in reach, but out of sight. The admiral had moved to the far corner where he wouldn't be detected upon the stranger's entrance. 

 

"Sir," the man bowed as he entered. 

 

The president's eyes narrowed when he didn't recognize the man. Where were his guards, who were always supposed to accompany strangers into the president's room? 

 

"What is it?" The president answered lightly, as to not rouse suspicion. 

 

"A group of men, myself included, have decided that our country needs a change." The man raised his head, and his eyes glittered with hate. His hand drew out a gun from his side, but before he could cause damage, the admiral had already fired. Rather than killing the man, the admiral had disarmed him by shooting his hand. 

 

However, before Admiral Choi had a chance of questioning the man, another gun shot fired out, killing the wounded. Footsteps thundered in the hall, away from the office, as, what sounded like at least five men, fled. Admiral Choi flung himself out of the room in pursuit. 

 

The men had disappeared. His guards were all dead. He returned to the room, disgusted. "President Choi, this was a planned assassination. All of your guards are down, sir." 

 

"More unneeded deaths." The president held his hands over his eyes. "Why is it coming down to this?" 

 

"Who would want to kill you?"

 

"The rebels."

 

"Yes, sir. But who would want to form a band of rebels to kill you?" Admiral Chungsoo was angry. These rebels had gotten past his trained guards without raising notice and had fled without being caught. Something was wrong, out of place. "The traitor let them in."

 

"But who is the traitor?" The president stared as his men dragged the dead body out of his room. "Who would turn on me? It has to be someone close to us, Admiral. Someone with enough power to allow rebels to enter without being suspected. Someone like..." 

 

"President Choi?" A hand knocked at his door. Soon after, the leader of the National Security poked his head around the corner. "I just recieved notice of what happened. I'll check into the security tapes immediately, sir." A flash of disappointment crossed the man's face as he left. 

 

The look hadn't escaped the president's and the admiral's eyes.

 

They had their man.