Lulu

The Prince and The Peasant

Xiumin woke up feeling like death. And he looked like it too. All the memories of last nights ball ran through his head as he looked across the room at his white tux draped over a chair.

 

“Ugg. I remember why I hated parties and why I don’t drink.” Xiumin sat up rustling his already messy hair to get ready for his daily routine.

 

Xiumin went about his day as normal; washing a certain prince clothes and shoes, cooking a certain prince meals. But finally he was ready to leave to work at his bakery, the one place he felt at home, but a certain prince wanted to come along.

 

“No.” Xiumin flatly stated.

 

“Why!! Please!” Luhan begged.

 

“Last time I took you we nearly got caught sneaking you back in the damn castle.” Xiumin hissed. Just as he was about to leave out the door Luhan grabbed his arm.

 

“Please! I hate being locked up here all the time! It’s no fun.” He pouted. Xiumin couldn’t stand them doe eyes because he always gave into them just like now.

 

“Fine! But only on one condition.” Xiumin gave in.

 

“Anything!” Luhan sang with hopeful eyes. Xiumin smirked, with a mischievous grin.

 

 

 

O0o0o0o0o0o

 

 

“Why am I dressed as a woman?!” Luhan protested from across the bakery. Sneaking out of the castle was a bit harder than last time but they managed to make it. Xiumin looked up from the freshly baked desserts he made and laughed at the upset Luhan.

 

“Do you not like it? I find you quite cute.” Xiumin laughed again. “Besides no one will know who you are or what your status is.” He turned to grab 2 cups of coffee he made for the two before he opened up his shop.

 

“This is so unfair! And those costumers brought you in a lot of money.” Luhan grabbed the cup of coffee, eyeing his servant as he sat across from him.

 

“True. But it was also troublesome watching you get taken down by a bunch of girls.” Xiumin stated sipping on his coffee. Luhan went off about how manly he is but, Xiumin ignored him focusing on his now warm coffee.

 

Ding. The door to the bakery opened. Both Luhan and Xiumin’s head shot up surprised, since they hadn’t opened up yet, only to see a satisfied Chen standing at the door.

 

“How the hell you get in here?” Xiumin raised a brow putting his cup down.

 

“Picked the lock.” Chen proudly announced holding up a bump key. “My lock picking skills were getting rusty.” Chen walked over realizing a girl sitting across from Xiumin.

 

“Kim jongdae. What am I going to do with you.” Xiumin muttered, getting up to rinse his cup out.

 

“So that’s jongdae.” Luhan thought, remembering the name Xiumin yelled over the phone weeks ago. Luhan was getting up when Chen stopped him.

 

“You’re that prince brat aren’t you? Why are you dressed as a woman? To think the prince has a weird .”

 

“What! No!...I…..It’s not!...” Luhan was a stuttering mess.

 

“It’s ok…I won’t tell anyone.” Chen laughed. Luhan started to argue, when Xiumin walked out.

 

“What are you two doing?” Xiumin said raising an eyebrow. “That damn eyebrow.” Luhan thought.

 

“He’s making fun of me because YOU made me dress like this.” The prince crossed his arms pouting. Chen laughed even harder.

 

“You did this?” Xiumin’s best friend said, whipping the imaginary tears from his eyes.

 

“Would you two stop and open up the shop. There’s work to be done.” Xiumin ordered before sashaying into the kitchen.

 

 

O0o0o0o0o0o

 

 

After closing up the shop for the day Xiumin decided to go shopping for groceries. Luhan wasn’t so happy.

 “Why do I have to go dressed like this! And why is he coming along!”  The Prince point at Chen practically glaring. Chen on the other hand was glued to Xiumin’s side happily tagging along. He’s made a game out of teasing the prince.

 

“Wae? Jealous? He is my best friend.” Chen teased grabbing Xiumin’s left arm.

 

“He’s my servant.” Luhan gritted his teeth grabbing the elder’s right arm. Xiumin laughed at there childish behavior leaving both to argue as he left to go buy some vegetables from a street cart.

 

“Hey. Did the wicked witch show back up?” Xiumin heard Chen ask as he came up beside him. He turned around to see Luhan fascinated my some knick knacks at another street cart across the road.

 

“Yeah. She showed up at the ball last night.” He spoke turning his attention back to Xiumin. He saw the frown on his friends face.

 

“You know if anything happens I’m hear for you.” Chen said with nothing but respect in his tone. Xiumin laughed, moving on to the next place.

 

“You don’t need to be so formal. We’re friends. But thank you.”  Chen smiled warmly.

 

“Old habits die hard I guess.” At that moment there was a commotion going on across the road.

 

“Stop! What are you doing! Don’t touch me!” Luhan voice was heard. Xiumin whipped around with concern in his face. There was a group of guards surrounding the helpless prince.

 

“Come on little lady don’t be so stingy.” One of the guards said.

 

“Yeah we just want to talk.” Another hoot.

 

“What are we going to do? Chen spoke defensively putting a hand on Xiumin’s shoulder.

 

“I’ve got this.” Xiumin started walking over to the guards.

 

“Wait! What are you going to do?”

 

“What I do best…Bull my way through it.” Xiumin smirked.

 

Xiumin grabbed Luhan’s hand through the crowd, pulling Luhan by his side wrapping his hand around the younger’s waist.

 

“Lulu, are you ok?” Xiumin asked in a loving voice. Luhan choked, he wasn’t ready for that.

 

“Lulu?” The prince sputtered forgetting the guards who were now surrounding the both of them.

 

“You guys aren’t from around here.” Xiumin spoke glaring at the guards. One guard in particular caught his attention.

The guard that caught Xiumin’s attention spoke first.

 

“Neither are you.” He answered smugly. They glared each other down until another broke the silence.

 

“Who are you? Her fiancée?” another guard asked.

 

“If I was, that’s no business of yours. How bout we forget this ever happened and get on your way, okay?” Xiumin’s patience were running thin.

 

“What’s the problem little guy? We’re just having fun.” Another guard put his hand on Xiumin’s shoulder and Xiumin snapped. He snickered grabbing the hand on his shoulder. In a split second everything became a blur as Xiumin threw the guard over his shoulder.

 

Everyone froze putting together what just happened then all at once about ten guards came flying at Xiumin and Luhan. Luhan closed his eyes bracing himself for the worst.

 

When Luhan opened his eyes he saw Xiumin taking on three guards at once like it was no problem, one landed next to Luhan after taking a power kick to the abdomen. He saw Chen, who had joined in; sword fighting with three other guards like it was child’s play.

 

Guards were dropping like flies and Luhan felt useless. A dagger came straight for Luhan, he closed his eyes again cringing. When he opened his eyes he was wrapped in Xiumin’s arms. When he saw the dagger in the elders back he started to panic.

 

“Are you ok! Christ! Why would you do that!” Luhan started spazzing. Xiumin chuckled standing back up. He tossed the prince behind him, punching a remaining guard dead in the face. The guard dropped to the ground.

 

“Minseok! Are you ok!” Chen came running up with blood dripping down his face.

 

“I could ask you the same thing ChenChen.” They looked at each other and laughed.

 

“Why are you guys laughing!?” Luhan was frustrated he didn’t understand.

 

“You need to learn to defend yourself. This is the second time I’ve had to save you from a mob of people.” He groaned when he felt Chen pull the dagger out of his back.

 

“Sorry.” Chen apologized dropping the knife.

 

“Let’s go back before the town police come. We’ve caused too much attention.” Luhan stated turning to walk. Chen and Xiumin fell back behind Luhan.

 

“You want to give the prince some self defense lessons?” Xiumin asked, stuffing his hands in his pocket. He groaned with every step.

 

“Seems like you need it more than he does.” Chen teased.

 

“I’m just a little rusty. I haven’t used my strength in a over 2 years, yet I’m still better than you.” Xiumin retaliated.

 

“Yeah yeah. Let’s just get that cut cleaned.” They caught up with Luhan as they headed back to the castle.

 

“So….how we sneaking back in?” Luhan asked, fiddling with his skirt.

 

“What do you mean sneak back in? This is your castle isn’t it?” Chen asked utterly confused.

 

“It’s complicated.” Xiumin stated. He turned around to see the town police hauling out the beat up guards.

 

Authors note: I hope you liked it ^_^ I love all of your comments. they make me happy. you guys are so sweet.