Declaration of War

The Prince and The Peasant

Xiumin was at the bakery cleaning the dishes. As he was about to close up for the night until Chen came running through the door.

 

“Minseok-hyung!”

 

“Whoa! Calm it down ChenChen, what’s wrong?” Xiumin grabbed Chen’s shoulders, stopping him in his tracks.

 

“There is a tremendous problem at the castle!” Chen was frantic. Xiumin laughed a little at his best friend.

 

“Seriously, calm down. The last time I saw you like this was when we-…” Xiumin stopped mid sentence. He realized the situation, and he didn’t like it.

 

“No. Don’t tell me..” Xiumin started, but the look on Chen’s face told everything.  Both of them bolted out of the bakery, forgetting to lock the doors. As they walked through the castle doors everyone was running back and forth, it was madness. Xiumin spotted Luhan standing dead center of the main lobby of the castle looking lost and confused. Xiumin approached the angelic prince.

 

“What’s going on?” Xiumin asked. He prepared for the worst.

 

“I don’t know. One minute it’s calm and peaceful. The next thing I know everyone’s in a frenzy.  

 

“Where’s your father?”

 

“He’s in his office. Why do you need him?” Luhan was suspicious. He started to notice the way Xiumin twitched and moved about like he was in a hurry to get somewhere.

 

“Thanks.” Xiumin bolted past Luhan with Chen on his heels.

 

“Wait! Why are you so anxious?!” Luhan ran after them. When they arrived at the King’s office doors Xiumin turned around to look at Luhan who stood a few feet away.

 

“Stay out here.” Xiumin ordered.

 

“Why! He’s MY father!” Luhan yelled, walking a bit closer.

“I SAID STAY!!” Xiumin boomed, his voice echoed through the halls. Luhan stumbled back surprised by his outburst. He’d seen Xiumin angry, plenty of times, but this was a whole new level of angry, he was livid. Xiumin and Chen walked into the office leaving Luhan to himself.

 

 

Oo0o0o0o

 

Luhan stood up from the floor when he saw Chen and Xiumin walk out of the office looking alert and determined.

 

“What happened? Do you know what’s going on?” Luhan threw out questions left and right. When he was ignored he himself became angry. “Don’t ignore me! I deserve to know what’s wrong! This is my castle! You are my servant have you forgotten!” Xiumin and Chen stopped. Xiumin told Chen to go on without him so he could speak with Luhan privately.

 

“Walk with me.” Xiumin spoke as he began to walk again.

 

“What is going on?” Luhan inquired with edge to his voice.

 

“The Kingdom of Gelu has declared war on the Kingdom of Metanoia.”

 

“Why is that such a big deal? Kingdoms go to war all the time.”

 

“The big deal is, is that your kingdom will fall to the ground. We are not ready for the war they are going to bring. Your kingdom may be the highest ranked of all nine kingdoms but Kingdom of Gelu fall second in rank. Kingom of Metanoia ranks the highest because you are diverse and know many people. You are the highest because of social class. BUT the Kingdom of Gelu rank highest in armed forces. We don’t stand a chance. They don’t declare war on just anyone. Once they declare war, their bringing their all and nothing can stop them but the very best.” Xiumin and Luhan round a corner and stopped at Xiumins bedroom door.

 

“How do you know all this?” Luhan questioned.

 

“I study my kingdoms.” Xiumin opened the door walking in the room, Luhan following after.

 

“What did you talk to my father about?”

 

“He appointed Chen and me to teach the guards in combat.”

 

“You guys? You are a servant and he is an ex-guard. Why would he choose the two of you of all people?” Luhan almost laughed at how ridiculous it sounds.

 

“You know very well why or do I have to flip you over again.” Luhan shivered from the memories.

 

“Well, why are they starting war. Can’t we negotiate peacefully?” Luhan proposed. Xiumin laughed.

 

“Asking the King of Gelu for a peaceful negotiation is like asking for pigs to fly. It won’t happen.” Xiumin changed into something more comfortable and easy to move in. He discarded his jeans and butting down shirt. Luhan turned around in embarrassment. He felt like a teenage girl with a crush the way his cheeks flared with heat.

 

“How do you know so much about him?” Luhan asked, back still turned. There was a pause before Xiumin answered.

 

“I know because he’s my father.” Xiumin spoke with anger in his voice.  Luhan whipped around forgetting his embarrassment.

 

“W-What?” Luhan stuttered. “Did you just say your father? That means you are a prince.” He stumbled over his words.  More as he approached the shorter male.

Was a prince.” Xiumin responded putting emphasis on the ‘was’.

 

“Does my father know about this?” Luhan gritted his teeth.

 

“Yes. He knew for a while now.” Xiumin was hesitant to tell, but he figured he was already in this deep he might as well go the whole mile.

 

“You mean to tell me you were a prince this whole time” Luhan spoke voice getting higher.

 

“Why are you getting angry? It’s not like it affected you. I’m the one playing peasant.” Xiumin spoke bitterly.

 

“I’m angry because you didn’t tell me! I’m angry because you let me believe you were a peasant like an idiot! I’m angry because I knew next to nothing about my own servant and yet the one big thing he actually tells me about himself is that he is a prince from the second biggest ranked kingdom! THAT’S why I’m angry!” Luhan was fuming.

 

“Why does it matter?!” Xiumin and Luhan stood face to face both ready to fight.

 

“It matters because in over the past few crazy months you’ve become family to me! Because of you I got to see my own town! I was able to explore and taste different types of food! You saved me from death and I feel obligated to repay you but what can I give to someone who has already had everything!” Luhan broke. He didn’t know whether to cry or be angry or upset. Xiumin froze not knowing how to respond to such emotions.

 

“I had everything.” Xiumin finally said flopping down on his bed.

 

“Why did you leave?” Luhan asked with his head low only raising it when he heard the other male chuckle.

 

“I left because I was an illegitimate child framed for murder of the queen. I was blamed for something I didn’t do. The whole village believed it. The stories floating around were ridiculous. ‘Illegitimate son kills queen for real mother’ ‘illegitimate son and mother kill the queen’. My real mother and I were wanted dead or alive. We hid in sewers and under bridges. I found a safe place for my mother to stay and ran. I told her it is better if we split up so we’d be harder to find. I’ve been running since then. When I came across this kingdom I thought I’d be safe for a while.” Xiumin sat on his bed with his head down, hands folded and elbows resting on his knees. Luhan was shocked. He realized why he hated the guard who framed him so badly.

 

“Did you ever plan on seeing your mother again?” Luhan rested a hand on Xiumin’s shoulder.

 

“I have. Plenty of times I’ve wanted to go see her. But I could never bring myself to do it. Not after I left her for so many years.” Xiumin voiced cracked, but he refused to cry. He in a long breath before releasing it. He then stood and Luhan saw fierce determination in his eyes.

 

“What are you going to do if you see your father during this war?” Luhan reluctantly asked. Xiumin smirked.

 

“I’m going to sever his damn head.” The older male spoke with a deep rasp in his voice.

 

 

a/n: So now you know. Yes most of you were right and its quite predictable. but what can i say, I'm very cliche. Luhan has basically poured his heart out to Xiumin. My grammar is y i know even though english is my first language. (I'm sorry TT_TT) I try to get my friend to proof read sometimes but she isn't around to help me a lot of the times. I will try better in the future. Thank you for all the comments! I read them all! and they make me happy and want to do better! Ok time for me to study bye~