Castle Run

The Prince and The Peasant

 

Xiumin has had a long stressful day and trying to sneak back into the castle with the prince just added on to the stress. Because Xiumin would be damned if he let the King know he took his precious son out of the castle without permission.

 

“What are you going to tell your father about where you’ve been?” Xiumin asked while hiding behind a concrete wall, thinking of a plan to distract the outside guards.

 

“Hmmm. Honestly. Haven’t thought about that.” The younger replied, standing behind Xiumin trying to see what’s going on.

 

“You damn brat…how you make it in life without planning ahead.” Xiumin scolded.

 

“I never really thought to plan anything out. I just live life everyday as an adventure.” He responded with a spark in his eye.

 

“Don’t give me that philosophy crap. You don’t even leave the castle.” “Stay here while I distract the guards. When I scratch the back of my neck that’s when you go. Okay?”

 

 “Okay but what kind of signal is that?” Luhan asked.

 

“Shut the hell up and wait for the signal.” Xiumin walked up towards the guards striking up a conversation. When Luhan saw Xiumin rub the back of his neck he took a break for the side door. When he got inside he was panting harder than a thirsty dog after an long day of running.

 

“The hell? You need to get in shape.” Xiumin said slapping a hand on Luhan’s back.

 

“Shut up, this figure isn’t made for running.” The younger retorted, running his hands ily down his sides. Xiumin gave a blank stare before laughing.

 

“What! I’m serious.” Luhan was offended at the elders sudden laughing fit. Xiumin’s laugh was cut short when he heard some guards rounding the corner.

 

“.” Xiumin pulled Luhan into the nearest door (Which happens to be a supply closet.) pinning him against the wall since the space was so small.

 

“WHAT THE HEL-!” Xiumin cut Luhan off by covering his mouth with his hands that still smelled like desserts and coffee. With his other hand he put a finger to his own mouth signaling him to be quiet.

 

“I swear I heard the prince talking.” Guard 1 said.

 

“Are you sure you weren’t imagining it.” Guard 2 said his voice was a little bit deeper and strict; he must have been the leader.

 

“I’m positive. I heard him, along with someone else.” Guard 1 had replied.

 Guard 2 sighed.

 

“If we don’t find this kid soon, it will be the king’s foot in our asses.” The Guard we assumed was the leader. As they disappeared around the corner Xiumin dropped his hand from Luhan’s mouth.

 

“If you were having ual frustrations should have just said so.” Luhan spoke sarcastically.

 

Xiumin scoffed. “Whatever. Your not my type.” He retorted throwing his words back at him. “Lets go.” Xiumin grabbed Luhan’s hand, ran out of the closet, and began sprinting down the hall when they say the coast was cleared.

 

Luhan felt a spark ignite inside him at the feeling of Xiumin’s warm hand guiding him through the castle. This feeling was new and peculiar to him; something he knew he could grow used to. He gripped his hand tighter trying to keep up with his servants speed.

 

They had just rounded a corner when they saw some guards. Unfortunately, those guards spotted them.

 

“.” Xiumin cursed, halting in their steps. Screw it Xiumin thought running full force towards the guards.

 

“What the hell!?” the prince yelled as he was being dragged by his servant straight into a couple of angry guards.

 

“DIVE!” Xiumin cried letting go of Luhan’s hand. Both Xiumin and Luhan dove straight down, through two guards’ legs just barely making it through. They tumbled a few feet before Xiumin got up, pulling Luhan with him.

 

They laughed as they ran around the castle dodging and mocking guards’. They finally settled down in the kitchen when they knew no one was watching or chasing them.

 

“Wahhh~ I’m hungry.” Luhan moaned as his stomach growled. Xiumin laughed making his eyes disappear.

 

“Me too; I’ll make some kimchi soup.” Xiumin turned around and quickly began cooking. Luhan watched how he easily moved around the kitchen, how his face was at ease when he was cooking, Luhan was fascinated by it all.

 

“Here you go your majesty.” Xiumin dramatically bowed, placing a plate in front of Luhan. Snapping out of his thought, Luhan laughed at Xiumin picking up his silverware.

 

“Luhan!” The King roared, barging through the kitchen doors. Luhan dropped his silverware, scared less from the booming voice.

 

“Heyyyy, how are you father?” Luhan spoke quietly turning around slowly.

 

“Where have you been?” The King demanded with three guards behind him, one being the knight who framed Xiumin. Xiumin glared at him hoping the guard could feel the angry stares. The guard turned to him glaring back trying not to be intimidated by the peasant boy.

 

“I was outside in the backyard. Why?” Luhan replied innocently, showing his doe-like eyes.

 

“I had the guards search for you, you were not there.” The King shot back. He was a touch man to crack.

 

“Really? I must have been showering then.” The king looked at Xiumin eyeing him down.

 

“Peasant boy. Is this true?”

 

“Yes sir. It is true.” Xiumin gave a 90 degree bow. When he stood up straight again he continued to glare at the guard.

 

“I’ll let you off for now.” The King left hesitantly, not fully believing the story. He turned around and walked away. When they felt the King and his men were out of earshot Xiumin and Luhan began laughing.

 

“That was close.” Xiumin sighed, sitting down to eat his already cold food.

 

“Yeah it was.” Luhan followed suit.

 

a/n: I did not edit this. I'm sorry if there's lots of mistakes.