A Peasants Lesson 101

The Prince and The Peasant

Xiumin woke up to the sound of banging on his door. He turn to his alarm clock and grew irritated at why someone was knocking at his door at 7:00 in the morning. When he answered the door, he found a angry Luhan with his arms crossed over his chest, dressed in his royal attire as usual.

"What do you want at 7:00 in the morning?" Xiumin asked with slight irritation. Luhan's anger was replaced with surprise, but not because of his servants rude greeting. Luhan was suprised to see Xiumin standing in the door frame shirtless. The Prince's cheeks started turning red and Xiumin's somehow good-looking, disheveled hair and morning voice wasn't making the matter any better. Luhan coughed, regaining concentration on his true purpose of being there, and stated his reasons.

"What do you mean what do I want. Your my servant and my servants normally have my breakfast done by 6:00, yet your still sleeping like some sloth. Do you not know your schedule?" Luhan retorted dropping his hands to his hips. Xiumin eyes widened surprised by the sassy comment.

"Look, I'm sorry, I'm not quite used to this getting up so early thing....but you serously waited an hour before you realized i wasn't getting up?" Xiumin chuckled a little thinking of a distressed Luhan waiting for his food at the kitchen table. Luhan again started turning red in the face.

"Aish, I don't have time for this! Here!" At this outburst, Luhan handed Xiumin a basket of laundry. "The hell is this?" Xiumin question, holding a basket full of high-class clothing.

"Its my laundry and your going to wash it." Luhan said with a smile on his angelic face. Oh how Xiumin wanted to kick him right now.

"What are you doing that is so important that you can't do your own damn laundry?" Xiumin was now the angry party of this conversation, he really hated being told what to do.

"Nothing. I just need my clothes cleaned and thats the servants job, plus I can't do laundry." Luhan replied, nonchalantly. Xiumin was shocked to here that a boy his age couldn't do laundry but seconds later a devious smiled spread across his face.

"Since your not busy it's time for you to learn a thing or two about a peasants life." And with that Xiumin dragged him to the laundry room.

------

"Why am i learning how to wash clothes? Thats your job." Luhan stated, he was growing impatient with Xiumin. He was beginning to think why his dad would give him such a persistent, servant that talked back.

"Maybe you will need to know one day, it's a skill my mother taught me as a child and it turned out to be useful in my life." Xiumin was getting the detergent to wash the clothes with when luhan asked,

"Where is your mother anyways, didn't you live alone before? Did you ever visit your parents before you were brought here? " Xiumin almost dropped the detergent, catching it before it completely hit the floor.

"well, thats a story saved for another day." He answered with a smile on his face, but there was something off about the smile, it was a smile of sadness and Luhan had noticed it. Luhan decided it was best not to try and pry the answer out of him Xiumin began demonstraing the process of washing clothes to change the subject, but halfway through the process one of the kings guards came walking in. Xiumin noticed it was the guard who framed him for being a theif and Xiumin got defensive.

"What do you want?" Xiumin, spat with a venemous tone, even the guard was intimidated for a moment.

"Prince, your father needs you. You are to accompany him to a meeting with an old friend." The guard spoke ignoring Xiumin's death glare. Xiumin wasn't one to hold a grudge but there are two in this world he can't get over. This being the second. Luhan noticed the tension so he decided he'd break it by making the guard leave.

"Understood. Your escused." With that the guard disappeared, leaving Xiumin glaring at the spot he once stood. "Damn watch dog." Xiumin muttered. While turning back to do the laundry.

"Awwww. My baozi is so cute when he's angry." Luhan stated while petting the angry Xiumin.

"Haha very funny. Don't you have a meeting to go to?" Xiumin smacked Luhan's hand away which shocked Luhan who wasn't used to being hit. Especially by his own servant. Xiumin noticed his actions, feeling guilty for taking it out on someone else.

"Look, I'm sorry I'm just irritated." Xiumin apologized leaving Luhan speechless.

"I-it's alright. Eveybody gets mad. Anyways gotta go. I'll learn how to wash clothes next time, okay?" Luhan smiled and wink trying to lighten up the mood. He skipped away just barely hearing Xiumin chuckle and mumble the word 'brat' under his breath.