Kitchen Duty

The Prince and The Peasant

"Luhan? Why are we in the kitchen?" Xiumin questioned, standing in the middle of the castles huge kitchen that was so pristine it almost looked untouched. It had crystal clean white, marble counters, a wide double sink, lots and lots of cabinets, a pantry with a variety of options of snacks and canned items, a nice long chestnut colored table, and a giant fridge that contained a variety of all types of high class foods.

"You are going to make me dinner cause I'm hungry and shouldn't you address me more formally since you are my servant?" Luhan tried to speak with authority. Xiumin laughed at his fail attempt to be intimidating.

"Shouldn't you address me more formally since I'm older?" Xiumin retaliated. Luhan flushed, he had never had a servant talk back to him even if they were older.

"Whatever, just make my food." Luhan tried to cover up his embarrassment.

"Brat." The older male muttered to himself. Xiumin started to strip his top layer shirt off revealing a little bit of his light toned skin. Luhan eyes widened at Xiumin who was standing in the middle of the kitchen with a white beater and some loose sweat pants.

"Wh-why are you stripping!" Luhan stuttered. He felt his cheeks getting flushed again.

"It gets hot when you cook. I'd rather not sweat in that shirt. Why? Is my body distraction?" Xiumin remarked with a playful smirk on his face. He found it funny and cute how innocent he was, and how he blushed so easily. Luhan scoffed,

"as if! Sorry sir, your not my type." They both started laughing and Xiumin stared to gather items for dinner.

"Any preference for dinner? Allergies? Things you dislike?" Xiumin asked while serching the cabinets. He was really impressed by the different kinds of spices and flavorings he found, but what should he exspect living in a castle.

"Nope. Not that I can think of at the moment." Luhan was sitting at the long table watching Xiumin fiddle around the kitchen.

"Sweet. I don't have to hold back." He whispered to himself. He found the items he needed and got to work.

-----

"Here." Xiumin placed down two plates of food, pushing one towards Luhan. "What is it?" Luhan asked eyeing the food like it was some foreign substance. Because to him it was.

"It's peppered steak, with rice, peppers, tomatoes, soy sauce and salt. Do you not want it?" Xiumin answered looking a little disappointed.

"No! No! Thats not it! It's just I've never had it before." Luhan replied shocked by how disappointed his servant looked. To reassure Xiumin, Luhan took a bit out of the food. Xiumin had a look of hope in his eyes, waiting for a reply on how his food tasted.

"Wow. This...this is really good. Like really good." Luhan commented. He could taste all the flavorings and spices put into the food, it was delightful and different. Xiumin had a look of relief on his face and began eating his own food, satisfied with Luhan's answer.

"I thought you were a baker?" Luhan questioned surprised by how delicious the food was. Xiumin looked up from his plate and stared at Luhan.

"I am. Just because I'm what your people call a 'peasant' and you think we 'peasants' are useless don't mean we are. I have to feed myself too you know, I don't have someone to cook for me like you do...not anymore." He whispered that last part so Luhan couldn't here. There was an awkward silence and Luhan looked away feeling guilty. He turned and stared at his new, pecuilar servant, watching him eat.

"You have cute, chubby cheeks" Luhan finally said to break the tension in the air. Xiumin looked up choking on his food.

"What?" "Your cheeks. They're cute. Like a baozi." Luhan replied. "You're a weird kid" Xiumin retorted, his cheeks turning red.

"And you're blushing. Look how the tables have turned my little baozi." Luhan pinched the older boys cheeks and sashayed out of the room. Stopping at the the door he turned around and said,

"make sure to clean my plate before you leave" and with that he closed the door and walked to his room thinking about those oh-so-adorable chubby cheeks.