The Calm before the Storm

The Prince and The Peasant

Walking out of his last class for the day, Luhan spotted Xiumin walking in the direction of the castles main entrance.

 

“Hey!” Luhan ran up to Xiumin grabbing his arm. “Where are you going?” questioned the prince.

 

“I’m going to my bakery to work, why?” Xiumin stopped, turning towards Luhan.

 

“Can I go? Please.” Luhan put on his best pouty face hoping to win Xiumin over, and it proved successful.

 

Xiumin sighed “fine but we have to sneak out a side door. And put a jacket or something on its getting cold outside, we don’t need you getting sick.” Xiumin warned. Luhan brightened up, running away to get a jacket.

 

I’m so dead if his dad finds out I let him leave without permission.” Xiumin thought while starting after him.

 

O0o0o0o

 

The bakery was busy today. Which it normally is, but it was extra busy because Prince Luhan was there. Lots of people was asking questions and fawning over the prince. Luhan started to feel uncomfortable with so many bodies around him, especially the noonas who were a little to close for comfort. Xiumin felt bad and decided to save his angelic prince, although he’d never admit to it.

 

“Excuse me ladies but I need the prince in the backs washing the dishes.” Xiumin grabbed Luhan’s wrist dragging him out of the disappointed crowd.

 

“Thank you.” Luhan spoke, slightly bowing showing his respect.

 

“No problem, but seriously can you wash the dishes for me. I’m running out.” Xiumin stated, pointing towards the kitchen. Luhan scoffed,

 

“yah, really? Isn’t this your shop?”

“Please.” Xiumin asked puffing out his cheeks. Luhan was a bit surprised. He had never seen Xiumin really try and act cute before, although Luhan always thought he was cute.

 

“fine.” Luhan sighed walking into the kitchen.

 

~20 minutes later~

 

“Luhan” Xiumin called from the front. Luhan dried off the last dish and went to see what Xiumin wanted.

“Yes? What is it?” the younger spoke walking out the kitchen.

 

“Can you take orders for me? I have to get the pies out of the oven.” Xiumin asked. He agreed. Luhan had noticed the tiredness in Xiumin’s eyes from working all day, so he wanted to help as much as he could.

 

O0o0o0o

 

As Xiumin was walking out of the kitchen with the pies he heard a familiar female voice, a voice that made him drop two perfectly good pies onto the floor.

 

When he looked up he saw a worried Luhan looking at the poor pies on the floor and a woman on the other side of the counter. She wore an exspensive looking turquoise blue dress; her hair was long and black, braided to one side. She wore an Ice blue Pendant around her neck. Her eyes were feline-like and dark brown and she wore a smirk on her lips.

 

“Luhan go check on the tables and see if the need anything, write it down on this note pad.” he said tossing him the note pad from his apron pocket, never losing eye contact with the lady.

 

“But, the pies, what are-“Luhan was cut off.

“Do what I say; this is my shop, so my rules and what I say goes. Now go.” Xiumin said through gritted teeth. Luhan walked away mumbling incoherent words to himself.

 

“What are you doing here?” Xiumin said coldly. It was taking every ounce of his being to stay calm.

 

“Why so tense Minseok-ah, don’t you miss me?” The woman placed her hand light on Xiumin’s cheeks. He jerked away, keeping distance.

 

“Don’t touch me and don’t call my name so casually. What are you doing here?” He spoke raising his tone, but not enough to cause commotion. She slowly walked around the counter with a sort of elegance.

 

“I heard there was a top of the line baker in the neighboring kingdom, and I being curious came to see.” She was still wearing that smirk, and Xiumin for once in his life wanted to hit a girl.

 

“You know, curiosity killed the cat.” Xiumin retaliated. Both parties gave off a tense aura; even some of the customers saw it. 

 

“Hm. Cute. You know it’s ironic to find the runaway in the rival kingdom. Was that planned? You and Jongdae sure do hide well, I’ll give you that.” Her face turned serious as she stood in front of Xiumin.

 

“If you aren’t here for anything specific then leave.” Xiumin spoke in a warning tone, his face turned grave; he was tired and didn’t have the energy for this.

 

“As you wish” She chuckled. “Don’t overwork yourself, peasant.” She smiled then winked before walking out. Xiumin ran a frustrated hand through his hair before slamming it down on the counter, scaring some of the customers. Luhan was walking back over before he said,

 

“ No one wanted anything. Hey! Who was she? Was she your ex? Your popular among the girls I see. She’s really pretty and she definitely isn’t a common person. She had a pendant that only royalty wear. You know other Royals?” Luhan was throwing one question after another before Xiumin covered his mouth.

 

“One at a time.” Xiumin said wearily.

 

“Is she someone your close to?” Luhan asked quietly, he knew Xiumin wasn’t telling him something but he knew it was too soon to ask; not while Xiumin looked so drained.

 

“Once upon a time yes, we were close.” Xiumin commented. They were engrossed in the conversation that they didn’t notice the door to the bakery open up. Right before Luhan was going to ask his next question, there was a loud voice.

 

“Xiu-ah!” Xiumin felt a pair of arms wrap around his torso and a head rest on his shoulder.

 

“Yah! Chen what are you doing?” Xiumin scolded. Luhan’s face turned dark and defensive.

 

“Hey! You’re popular with the boys too?! ahhh and to think I thought you were a loner.” Luhan assumed, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

“What? No. This is just my friend. He’s just really touchy.” Xiumin tried to defend himself, although he didn’t know why.

 

“So this is the prince that stole you away? He’s very protective.” Chen whispered so only Xiumin could hear.

 

“Are you talking about me?!” Luhan retorted. He hated not knowing what was going on.

 

“Here you can have him.” Chen pushed Xiumin towards Luhan, who caught Xiumin in time before he could fall. “He’s grumpy and mean anyways.” Chen said smirking.

 

“What kind of best friend are you?!” Xiumin was ready to kill him…then again he always was.

 

“Both of you go somewhere I have to work.” Xiumin turned towards the register. Chen walked up and asked Xiumin quietly,

 

“Was that Eun Mi I saw leaving in a carriage cart?”

 

“….Yea, it was.” Xiumin heavily sighed.

 

“You know things won’t stay quiet and peaceful for long.” Chen replied.

 

“I never expected it too.” Xiumin picked up the pies that he had dropped earlier tossing them in the trash.

 

O0o0o0o0o

 

Eun Mi was passed through two heavy iron doors into a large library with a study desk in the middle. She approached a tall, thin but built man sitting at the desk reading; he had wrinkles by his eyes from time, and dark brown hair.

 

“I found him.” She said. The man lifted his head revealing sharp, dark brown eyes.

 

“Finally.” He spoke, with a voice of determination.

 

Authors note: Hellooooo. Happy Birthday to me. Today is my birthday but instead of receiving I'm giving. I hope you like this chapter. I didn't spell check this so I'm sorry if its messy.