The First Meeting

The Prince and The Peasant

Xiumin didn't know how this situation came to be, he just knew it was bothersome. Xiumin was on his knees, forced by the kings knights, infront of the king of kingdom of Metanoia. The king was a tall man, with broad strong shoulders. He was buff and scruffed in the face where you could tell he hadn't shaved in a day or two.

"Young man! Do you know why you're here?" The king spoke with authority, a voice that even the strongest men of the kingdom wouldn't dare test his patience, but xiumin was different.

"I'd like to know that myself sir. Could you tell me?" Xiumin replied with a bored tone, he knew how this would play out, he knew he wouldn't be let go even though he knew he was innocent.

"you know well, the reason you are here. You stole silver peices from one of my knights." Xiumin at this point was just ready for the king to sentence him to jail and call it a day.

" Sir, I...."

" Where's your manners!" The king roared causing everyone, in the big pointless room with nothing but a throne, to flinch.

"Your majesty..." Xiumin said through clenched teeth. "Your majesty how could i have stolen your precious knights silver peices if I was in my bakery serving people like I am everyday." Xiumin retorted in defense. He got of his knees, pushing the knights that tried to restrain him. "Peasant, you dare rise in front of me! Knights throw him in...."

"Father" a skinny, angelic-like boy who looked around Xiumin's age spoke. Xiumin guessed it was the kings child by the sudden burst of whispers in the room. "Father....I need a new servant, Cho Hee quit" the boy spoke with innocence. Xiumin was disgusted by the king's spoiled brat of a son. Suddenly the king got an idea.

"Here, here's your new servant. Knight bring our thief foward." Xiumin was dragged towards the angelic boy, oh how he wished he was back at his bakery.

"Peasant, this is my son Luhan. Luhan this is your new servant. This one can't quit." The king smirked knowing how many servants he goes through in a month.

" what happens if i quit?" Xiumin asked, knowing where this was going.

"You'll be sentenced to jail for life. If you become my son's servant you can keep your bakery like you have been. You will go to work like you did everyday but from today onward you will live here and tend to my sons needs. Got it?" Xiumin weighed his options and decided to be a servant since he can keep his bakery. And the living situation he would receive in jail didn't seem that pleasant. He began following the angel boy, Luhan, to his new room before the king stopped him and whispered low enough where only he could here

"if you try to escape, i will send my guards to find you and return you....dead or alive. Understand?" Xiumin glared at the king.

"Crystal clear. " he said. Xiumin followed Luhan down the castles halls. They were lined with pictures of arts and family photos. The walls were blue with a gold abstract design. The halls stretched on for a while until they turned a corner and came to a room. Luhan opened the door exposing the interior. It had a full sized bed with a chestnut border. A closet and another door leading to a simple bathroom with a sink a toilet and a shower.

"No TV?" Xiumin asked with a sarcastic tone.

"you won't be needing one. I'll make sure to keep you busy." Luhan replied with a mysterious spark in his eyes.

"What the hell have I gotten myself into?" Xiumin breathed.