The Battle

The Prince and The Peasant

The sound of swords clashing, bombs exploding, bodies dropping overwhelmed Xiumin as he drove a sword threw a man who used to serve him and his mother food daily. Everything was chaos.

 

After Xiumin had saved his mother and Luhan he found a place to safely place them until the battle was over. Luhan refused to stay put and begged to take part in action. Now, thirty minutes later, they’re fighting side by side and Xiumin is impressed by how swift Luhan’s fighting has become.

 

“When did you become so good?” Xiumin asked over his shoulder as he was broke an enemy’s leg.

 

“Well, you know, I learned from the best.” Luhan smirked as he jumped mid hair to kick someone. “I have to tell you something, just in case we don’t make it out of this today.”

 

“We will get out of-“ Luhan cut xiumin off.

 

“Let me speak!” Luhan drove a knife threw some soldiers torso.

 

“You guys think it’s a good idea to have a sweet conversation now?” A third party spoke. It was Chen who was fighting of three men at once. “I could use some assistance here!” Chen jumped on one of the men’s back, stabbing him in the jugular.

 

“See, you got this.” Xiumin replied while fighting a battle of his own.

 

“ANYWAYS” Luhan said in frustration. “Xiumin I don’t know how to say this but I like you, like a lot, like more than a man is suppose to like another man, like more than I like myself , like-“

 

“I GET IT!” There was the sound of swords clashing together. “Do you really think this is a great time to talk about this? You know being in battle and all.”

 

“This is as good time as any. You don’t have to answer it now or at all for that matter. I just wanted you to know.” Luhan fumbled and didn’t see the sword heading straight for his heart.

 

“WATCH OUT!” Xiumin dived and tackle Luhan to the ground. They looked at each other for a second when Xiumin asked, “Why is it that I’m always saving you?”

 

“Why is it that you’re always there to save me?” Luhan retorted, but that question was left unanswered when Xiumin lifted his head to see his father, standing in the doorway of the castle he once called home.

 

 

O0o0o0o0o0o

 

 

 Xiumin dashed across that yard fighting anyone who came in his way. He came into this battle ready to die but not without getting what he came for.

 

“It has been a long time since I’ve seen you.” The tall man with brown hair just like xiumin spoke. Although years and years have passed Xiumin still felt every wound his father gave him. Mentally and physically. At this moment in time, Xiumin thought, “There is no going back.” Both men withdrew their swords, they clashed together.

 

“Mother, if I don’t make it out alive. Know that I have always loved you. Luhan, my dearest friend, I hope you know I feel the same way as you. Jongdae, don’t get into anymore trouble. Please.”

 

Xiumin was wounded from head to toe. Blood splattered everywhere. He was tired out but he had to keep going.

“AHHH!” Xiumin dropped to one knee. He looked down to see a sword lodge into his side.

“You’ve had enough you disgrace? It’s such a pity to see my son kneel; I thought I taught you better. I guess you are just like your low life mother.”  Xiumin snapped. He pulled back winching in pain as the sword slid out of his left side.

 

“Go to hell.” Xiumin raised his sword and swung. Everything went black. When Xiumin regained his vision he saw his fathers head at his feet but his body feets away. He realized after a moment everything was quiet. There was no battle cries, no sounds of swords clashing or bodies dropping. Nothing. When he turned around he realized why. Their king has been beheaded and now they didn’t know what to do. One by one there swords and daggers fell. Xiumin saw a figure pushing through the crowd.

 

“Xiumin! Xiumin-hyung!” Luhan burst through the people with full force almost crashing into the person he’d been calling.

 

“It thought you were dead! I-I- Don’t you dare do that again!” Luhan spoke in sobs as he punched Xiumin in the chest.

 

“Hey, stop that. I’m fine.” Luhan looked up to see the older male smiling; genuinely smiling. “Also, here’s your answer.” Xiumin grabbed Luhan by the back of the neck with one hand and pulling him closer with the other. They both leaned in until there lips met. At first it was innocent until Xiumin deepened it further. Luhan clung to him as though he would disappear. Xiumin was in love with the way there mouths molded together. It was intoxicating.

 

“HMMHHMM” Someone cleared there throat from the side. They both pulled back breathing for air. “Sorry to interrupt this lovely moment but we still have stuff to do.” Chen smiled sweetly as Xiumin glared at him.

 

“By the way, who’s going to clean this mess?” Luhan asked looking at the damaged done.

 

“Well, that’s up to the king.” Chen placed the crown, once belonging to Xiumin’s father, on Xiumin’s head. “It is your choice, your majesty.” Chen said kneeling.

 

“Yah. Don’t call me that. And stand up!”

 

Chen laughed. Xiumin linked arms with Luhan and slunk his other arm around Chens shoulder.

 

“Come on, We need to get washed up.” Xiumin said looking at their blood stained clothes. Xiumin started walking, heading back towards.

 

a/n: Guys I'm so so sorry, but senior year is very stressfull and I can't seem to find the time to do anything. I'm terribly sorry the way this turned out. I honestly just tried to wrap it up and it wasn't as fluffy and cute as i wanted it to be. but I will give you a little bit of fluff in the last chapter after this one just so i don't leave you with a terrible ending. I know they came out more like friends than lovers and i will do better next time. time has just not been on my side lately. Love you guys and thanks for not being mean and telling me story and i am greatful for all of you guys advice. bye~