Lessons & Abduction

The Prince and The Peasant

"Hi. I'm Xiumin and this is Chen, the king as ordered us to be your combat instructors." A burst of conversation broke out from the crowd of guards.

"Listen!" Chen roared. "We understand that you have probably heard the news that the kindgdom is going to be at war soon. In any case we are not physically ready so-"

"What makes you think a peasant and a stranger can train us." A tall, well built guard sneered. Chen and Xiumin glanced at each other and smirked.

"You'll see but be patient. Now we will split the group in half. From you and everyone to the right." Chen pointed to a smaller but equally as built guard. "will train with Xiumin for today. Eveyone else is with me. Everyday we will switch off groups." Each guard moved to one side of the room as instructed.

"Chen's group will be learning offense and how to use a sword. My men will learn defense and how to throw daggers so I hope you guys have fast reflexes." Chen laughed, although the rest of his group didn't find it all that funny.

"Before we start we will show you an example of exactly what we'll be doing today." Xiumin stated scanning the room. "Let's see who will be my victim" he thought.

"You. What's your name?" The guard who framed Xiumin walked forth. "Kris...sir" he was tall and had an intimidating look although his eyebrows might be the blame for that. Xiumin eyed him up and down with resentment.

"Kris, you will try to attack me and I'll defend myself. Okay?" Kris nodded. Kris threw a punch but, Xiumin was just a litgle bit faster. The guard ended up in a head lock with a dagger at his throat.

"Hmm. just a little to slow soldier. Let's have fhn during this training shall we?" Xiumin laughed evily. "Ahhhh!" Someone screamed. Xiumin looked up and saw the tall, built guy who belittled Chen a Xiumin laid out on the floor, in pain, in front of Chen, who wore a wide smile.

"What did you do this time?" Xiumin questioned standing next to Chen glancing at the guard on the floor. "Nothing, Just hit every pressure point in his body. Now he can't move for a bit." Chen and Xiumin laughed.

 

Oo0o0o0

 

The guards have been outside training for the past few weeks and each day Luhan would watch them train but leave before practice was over. Xiumin was beginning to worry. They hadn't talked since he told Luhan of his royal background . He was determined to catch him today. Luhan sat on a bench across the massive court yard fiddling with a bed of flowers. He recalled how his mother loved to plant flowers, it was one of her many hobbies.

"Tulips were her favorite." Luhan mumbled to himself.

He hadn't realized the body standing over him. "Who are you talking to?" Luhan jumped, startled at the voice. "Xiu-xiumin hyung. Practice is o-over already?" Luhan sputtered.

Xiumin stood with beads of sweat rolling down his face.

"I ended it early. You called me by my name and formally at that. I kind of like this." Xiumin smiled crookedly. Xiumin sat down beside Luhan and studied him closely. He could see the tension in Luhan's posture and frowned. "Are you upset with me?" Xiumin questioned. Luhan turned to lokk at his servant surprised.

"N-Not really. Just...I- I don't know how to approach you." Luhan wasn't ready to talk about this conversation.

Although over the past few weeks he has been contemplating what to say, when it actually came to talking to him he was lost for words.

"Like you normally would. 'Hey idiot, do my laundry' I get angry, we argue, you call me a peasant, life goes on." Xiumin gave Luhan an encouraging smile, he really hate seeing him so distraught. Luhan kept his head down.

"I mean what was i suppose to say. Hey, I'm the illegitamate son of a psychotic, power hungry king. I will be your servant from now on." Xiumin laughed trying to lighten the mood. He nudge Luhan trying to get some kind of reaction. Finally Luhan chuckled, the tension in his posture gone.

"No, I guess that would sound odd."

"Exactly. Now, let's go eat because I'm starving." Xiumin stood up and held out his hand for Luhan. Luhan stared at his hand like it was a foreign object.

"I'm not going to stand here all day, love. Come on, let's go." Xiumin grabbed Luhan's hand pulling him off the bench. Luhan's heart leaped from his chest. He felt blood rush to his cheeks and heat emitting from his hand. Luhan looked at Xiumin who was smiling from ear to ear. Luhan's heart leaped again. He felt a warm feeling spread throughout his body and at that moment he came to a realization.

"Damn it all to hell. Of all people." Luhan grunted. Xiumin's face dropped in confusion.

"What's wrong?" He tilted his head in question.

"Nothing, I just had an epiphany." The older male face relaxed. He tightened his grip around Luhan's hand and they proceeded into the castle.

 

OooOoOoO

 

After eating some dinner Xiumin cleaned up the kitchen, making sure eveything was where it belonged. Luhan watched him closely. He watched how Xiumin walked with elegance, how he handle fragile things with care to make sure it did not break. He watched the calm on Xiumin's face as he floated arounded the room and he watched the confusion in his expression when he wasn't sure of something. Luhan watched it all and the longer he watched the more his heart beat. Luhan jumped when he heard his named being called.

"Hey, you want to eat some sweets." Xiumin grinned suspiciously.

"Sure. But whats with the creep smile?" Luhan asked.

"Well, I was thinking we could go to my backery since I have all the materials needed there." Xiumin eyes sparkled like a child with a shiny new toy.

"Absolutly not! Its too late. What if we get caught."

"We won't! I promise. You have my word, your majesty." Xiumin bowed. Luhan stared him down until he gave in.

"Damn peasant." Theyboth laughed.

 

OoOOooOo

 

Luhan watched as Xiumin knead the dough. He was fascinate by how great of a baker he truly was.

"Prince Luhan, can you come here for a second." Luhan walked over slowly.

"You know you can drop the prince."

"Well, Luhan, can you knead this while a get the cookies out the oven." Xiumin walked away leaving Luhan to figure how to knead dough. He tried to do it the way Xiumin did, but it just didn't seem right. He frowned when he heard Xiumin chuckle from behind. 

"Not like that." Xiumin snickered. Luhan felt a body get closer and felt Xiumin's hands fall on top of his. The breathing down the back of his neck did not help the heat his body was emitting. Xiumin stepped closer, leaning over Luhan's shoulder to get a better view. Xiumin felt his body heat up and he caught himself staring down Luhan's neck. Xiumin came to a realization. Xiumin, coughed awkwardly, backing away. Luhan stumbled, feeling disappointed by the lost of heat.

"I -I need some air. It's a little too hot from all this baking." Luhan walked through the kitchen doors towards the front. Xiumin leaned against the cabinets trying to ease his breath. After about 20 minutes Xiumin started to worry about Luhan, so he went to go check on him. When he walked towards the front he was a bit confused when he didn't see the prince. Xiumin checked outside and almost looked passed the ripped cloth on the ground. He bent downand picked up the familar material. He washed these clothes to often not know it was a piece of Luhan's exspensive clothing. Xiumin realized the situation a swore angrily.