Baker Boy and Kim Jongdae

The Prince and The Peasant

 Xiumin had the whole day to himself since Luhan left for a meeting with his father. On his way to Luhan’s room to drop of the Prince’s clothes Xiumin overheard a few staff people talking about a rival between Kindom of Metanoia and the Kingdom of Gelu. He didn’t thing much of it and continued on his way.

 

When he finished dropping of the clothes he got dressed and took a trip to town to check on his bakery. Oh how he missed that place.

 

As he stepped through the doors of his bakery he felt at home. The smell of pastries and coffee still lingered in the air. Xiumin rubbed a hand across the counter where the register lied. Below the counter was a display of some of the desserts he sold.

 

Xiumin threw away all the olds pastries, put on his apron and started on his everyday routine like before. Everyday in the bakery Xiumin made a fresh batch of his pastries to put on display and waited for customers to roll in and like any other day they did, one being his childhood friend Kim Jongdae or Chen, which is what Xiumin called him.

“Hey! Minseok-hyung.” Chen sang walking through the door making some customers stare. Xiumin turned around glaring at his friend while cleaning a mug to put coffee in.

 

“Didn’t I tell you not to call me that. What do you want Chen?” Xiumin replied sitting the mug in the coffee maker.

 

“You know you love me.” Chen said sliding over the counter draping his arms over Xiumin’s shoulders from behind. These two had a friendship no one could understand. They’ve been through hell and back together.

 

“Sadly. So what’s up Chen? Or did you just miss me that much?” Xiumin commented with a smile on his face. He removed Chen’s arms and left to give a man of old age his coffee and apple crumble.

 

“Don’t get cocky Minse- I mean Xiumin-hyung.” Chen stole a piece of strawberry cake, watching while Xiumin worked. When Xiumin returned to the counter he was glaring at Chen who was calmly eating cake on top of the counter.

 

“You plan on paying for that?” Xiumin sighed, turning to put the tips people left into a jar that lied next to the register.

 

“That’s harsh. You’d make your best friend pay?” Chen pretended to sound offended, holding his right hand over his heart, with a face of distress.

 

“Yah, shut up you idiot.” Xiumin laughed hitting Chen on the arm playfully. They both sat down at one of the tables since the bakery wasn’t that busy.

 

“So I heard you moved. I went to visit yesterday and the landlady told me you left without a word or days notice.” Chen spoke, picking at his third piece of cake. “At this rate I won’t have any cake left.” Xiumin thought.

 

“Yeah, its kind of a weird story, but long story short I was accused of being a thief from one of the kings knights, sent to the king, he questioned me, one thing lead to another and I ended up becoming the king’s brat son personal servant.” Xiumin replied, watching as Chen’s face turned into a surprised look. Chen began laughing…hard.

 

“That’s not funny! Do you understand what I have to do?! I have to wake up at 5 in the morning to make this brat breakfast and if I don’t he’ll catch a fit, then he makes you do his laundry and don’t get me started on his attitude.” Xiumin raised his voice, but calmed down when he realized he was disturbing his customers.

 

 “haha, Calm down. I get it he’s a brat, but have you looked at yourself; you have a pretty bad attitude also. When’s the last time you actually hung out with friends and had fun?” Chen asked still laughing a little.

 

“You’re the only friend I have since we moved here. I never really thought to make any after I lost all my other friends.” Xiumin’s face was melancholy, and grave.

 

“You’re telling me after 3 years I’m still the only friend you have, I mean I know I’m awesome but-“

“This is a serious conversation, yet you still have room to be an idiot.” Xiumin was ready to smash that cake in his face, which by the way was his fourth piece.

 

Laughing Chen grabbed Xiumin’s hand. “Seriously you need to learn to open up or you’ll die alone. Like a cat lady.”

 

“I don’t like cats.” Xiumin responded, darkly.

 

“That wasn’t the point.” Chen was really worried about his friend, because Xiumin was once popular among all people before he had to run away. Chen was the only friend who stayed by his side when everyone turned against him for something he couldn’t control.

 

“Hey, Chen, are you listening to me?”  Chen snapped out of his thoughts, turning toward his old friend. “What you say?”

 

“I SAID if you want, you can shop with me after I’m done work. I need to get some more laundry detergent. And I want to get some fruits to make a fruit salad tonight.”

 

“I wouldn’t say I want to but-“

 

“Its yes or no, I will leave you if you don’t hurry up and decide.” Xiumin began to rise up to finish up working. Chen laughed grabbing Xiumin’s hand.

 

“I’ll go since you asked so nicely.” Chen exaggerated. Xiumin snatched his hand away.

 

“yup, I was right. You’re an idiot.” Xiumin said with a small smile while walking away.

 

“And you’re a peasant.” Chen said laughing, following behind, grabbing for another piece of strawberry cake.

 

 

Authour note: Hello lovelies. Yeah this chapter didn't have xiuhan in it but i needed to establish the role Chen played in the story and their friendship. I'm sorry if you don't like my story, i'll try and do better.