A Peasants Lesson: Self defense

The Prince and The Peasant

“Suit up.” Xiumin tossed Luhan some loose fitted clothing to put on, while he himself was in some sweat pants and a t-shirt. Luhan started to question why but he thought twice when he saw Xiumin raise his eyebrow and narrow his eyes in intimidation.

 

“Are we allowed to be in here?” Chen asked from across the castle’s defense practice room.

 

“Probably not. And if they find you in here, we’ll definitely be in trouble so let’s try and not make to much commotion, okay?” Xiumin was stretching his legs when came back into the room changed into the clothes Xiumin gave him.

 

“Start stretching.” Xiumin ordered Luhan.

 

“I’m the one who should be giving orders. Why are we here? We could get into great trouble if they know where here.” Luhan, although protesting, started to stretch.

 

“We wouldn’t have to be here if you didn’t at defending yourself so badly, besides its after hours we should be fine.” Xiumin stood from the one chair in the huge practice room. “Now we will start with sword fighting.” Xiumin handed Luhan a sword before Luhan could sputter a word of disagreement.

 

“Okay. I get it. I at defending myself. Hell,  I at fighting in general but why do I have to sword fight with him!?” Luhan practically shouted pointing at Chen who was tossing a sword around in his hand like it was made of plastic instead of metal.

 

“He’s better at sword fighting than I am.” Xiumin shrugged nonchalantly, crossing his arms.

 

“Now. One of the main keys to sword fighting is your stance…which you obviously don’t have.” Chen stated. “When standing in a sword fight, turn your body sideways while facing forward towards your opponent. Tighten your grip on the sword and lock your legs.” Chen explained while helping Luhan. Xiumin watched from the side feeling a little tightness in his chest. 

 

“Now try to block me, ok?” Chen charged for Luhan with his sharp sword, and Luhan in total shock dropped everything, including himself, on the floor. Xiumin laughed so hard he started to cry.

 

“WHAT WAS THAT!” Chen roared sitting on the floor, he had tripped over Luhan after he dropped.

 

“What do you mean?! You could have taken my head off!!” Luhan retorted.

 

“You we suppose to block me!” It went on back and forth like this for a while.

 

“Hyung! I can’t do this.” Chen called to  Xiumin who was now on the floor also from laughing so hard.

 

“Shh!” Xiumin put a finger to his mouth signaling them to be quiet. “Calm down. Let’s try it again.” Chen let out a frustrated moan.

 

“Fine.” Chen stood stubbornly yanking Luhan to his feet. It took about three more times until Luhan could stand properly without ducking for cover. He started to get the hang of it and by then he was sweating bullets.

 

“Okay. Thant’s enough sword fighting for today.” Xiumin announced clapping his hands to get their attention.

 

“Finally!” Luahn exclaimed.

 

“Time to learn how to fight with your hands and feet.” Xiumin deadpans. Luhan grunted. He was so tired and weak from all the moving and dodging and floor diving.

 

“This time I’m your mentor.” Xiumin started stretching again to loosen up his muscles.

 

“This isn’t fair! You aren’t tired out!” Luhan protested. He really didn’t want to do this.

 

“I’ll go easy.”

 

Chen took both his and Luhan’s sword, leaving to go put them back in their rightful place.

 

“What if he gets caught by a guard?” Luhan asked.

 

“He’ll be fine. Okay, so first in a hand on hand combat you have to always be on your guard and be ready for the worst. Your stance is also important in this situation.” Xiumin stood behind Luhan, showing him how to stand. Luhan felt his cheeks burn from the skin contact. “The hell is wrong with me?” the little prince thought.

 

Moving away Xiumin stood in front of Luhan, getting into fighting stance also. “I want you to try and hit me.” Luhan made a confused face but did as told.

 

“That was pathetic. Try again.” Xiumin ordered. Again he tried.

 

“The was that. Hit me like I just killed your dragon or something.”

 

“There’s no such thing.” Luhan stated.

 

“Just throw a damn punch!” Xiumin ordered. And again Luhan went to hit Xiumin with more force this time. In a blur Xiumin grabbed Luhan flipping him, straddling the helpless prince on the ground, fist ready in the air.

 

“Déjà vu” Luhan mumbled, although Xiumin didn’t hear.

 

“And that’s why I said be ready for anything.” Realizing the situation, Xiumin face went read.

 

“I leave for a minute and you two are making babies on the floor.” Chen stood with his hands on his hips, emitting sass all over the place.

 

“That’s physically impossible considering we are both of the male gender.” Luhan stated.

 

“Are you saying you don’t want my babies?” Xiumin commented, pretending to be offended.

 

“Get off of me you moron.” Luhan pushed the older male off. “How come you guys are so skilled in fighting anyway?”

 

“Chen is a former guard of this kingdoms rival city and I, well I had a father who believed in fighting and making people fear you.” Xiumin stated the last part almost in anger.

 

“So you guys knew each other for a long time?” Luhan asked crossing his legs, he was going to feel so much pain in the morning.

 

Chen laughed thinking about the memories. “We were preteens when we met, was it 11 or 12? Anyways we got into trouble a lot.”

 

“I heard you call him Minseok-hyung when he got hurt. Is that your real name?” Xiumin hesitated a little before he answered,

 

“Yes. Xiumin and Chen are nicknames we gave each other after coming from Gelu’s Kingdom.”

 

“Why did you guys come here?” Luhan asked curiously. He realized he knew nothing about his servant.

 

“Man you ask a lot of questions.” Chen stretched almost cat-like.

 

“Let’s rest for tonight, okay? You’ll be sore in the morning”

 

“Fine.” Luhan muttered stubbornly. “Guess I’ll have to try and ask another time.” He thought.

 

“Come on Chen I’ll sneak you out.” Xiumin and Chen started towards the door.

 

“Are you comfortable with telling him this stuff?” Chen asked when he knew Luhan was out of earshot.

 

 

“He’ll know eventually.” Xiumin answered.

 

“What about Ice princess, you think she’s told?”

 

“Most definitely. Now their just waiting for the right moment I guess.” Xiumin huffed out a sigh.

 

a/n: To much homework no time for my y writing. I wrote this on spot and quite frankly I'm not a fan of what i wrote but it's probably the best you guys will get for now, until all my homework is completed. bye bye~ ^_^