Get Your Armor Ready

The Prince and The Peasant

*Before you start I'd like to say that this is more of a filler chapter than actual Xiuhan. Just so you know so you know so you are not disappointed(not sure if i spelled it correctly.

 

            “Why does this have to happen to me! Right now! Damn it!” Xiumin was running full force back to the castle. It was about 11 o’clock at night and he still hadn’t found Luhan. His only resolution now was to tell the king that he let his only son and heir to the thrown get kidnapped.

 

He’s going to have my head when I tell him.” Xiumin was halfway there when he saw Chen lying on his back covered in what looked like blood. Xiumin ran to his side kneeling next to his friend.

 

“What the hell happen to you?”

 

“It’s great to see you to Minseok-hyung.” Even in a state like this, Chen laughed and coughed up blood. “If you are so interested in knowing, I was stabbed trying to save the Prince.” He coughed up more blood. Xiumin’s eyes grew big.

 

“What? When? Where? Which way did they go?” Xiumin frantically spoke.

 

“Calm down. They are probably long gone by now. It was about 30 minutes before you came and I was fighting off about two men in all black while the third was holding the prince. He looked so frightened and scared. Out of no where a fourth party showed up and stabbed me from behind, the unfair bastards.”

 

Xiumin looked pained to see his best friend like this. He took Chen by the arm, wrapping it around his own shoulder and used his other hand to wrap around Chens waist, giving him leverage.

 

“Let’s get you cleaned up then we will tell the King what we know.

 

“Doesn’t that sound fun.” Chen sarcastically sang. “

 

 

0o0o0o0o0

 

 

“You ready?”

 

“Hell no.”  Both Xiumin and Chen stood outside of the Kings door. “I thought I’d at least die in battle.” Chen hummed. “But I guess this will due.”

 

“This is no time for you jokes.” Xiumin stated as he pushed the door open. He’d only been in here once but never really saw what was inside. Bookshelves lined the walls ancient books. Placed randomly throughout the room were cases of priceless artifacts and furniture. A door leading to what Xiumin assumed was the King’s bedroom stood at the back.

 

“What is it, soldiers?” A husky, deep voice from the desk, to the right of the room, rang. Chen and Xiumin stepped forward in front of the desk and took a knee.

 

“Your Majesty” Xiumin started. “I’ve come to inform you of some terrible news that is my fault and will take any punishment for after the situation is solved.”  The king raised his head, staring at him with suspicion. The two soldiers remained silent.

 

“Well. What is it?” The King sighed, thinking it wasn’t a big deal. Chen opened his mouth but immediately closed it when Xiumin stood and began to speak.

 

“Sir, I’ve come to tell you the unfortunate news that I brought your son to my bakery some hours ago for snacks and some fresh air from the castle and he managed to slip away from my sight for a bit and was kidnapped. Chen tried to saved him, but was stabbed from behind when least expected and now I’ve come to you because I need your help.” Xiumin breathed. Staring at the King’s blank face he didn’t know which was worse: the non reaction or a reaction.

 

In 2.3 seconds a loud cry of “WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE” came from the rulers lips. Xiumin decided the reaction was worse. The next minute was a loud room of incoherent words and some weapons thrown from the King.

 

. “Sir, if I may, the longer we sit here and argue the less likely we’ll get your son back.” Chen said.

 

“And if I may, it is my duty to protect him and I failed that. I, as a soldier, would like to redeem myself and then on our return you can give me the punishment you see fit.” Xiumin was covering a wound in his arm.

 

“On your return? I’m coming with. This is my battle.” The King protested.

 

“I can not let happen. If we fail to protect you the Kingdom falls and that can’t happen.”

Chen retaliated. When the situation was all said and done. Xiumin and Chen set out to tell the rest of the guards and soldiers to get there armor ready.

 

 

O0o0o0o

 

 

It has been a long time since Xiumin has been here yet it still looks the same. Chen stood to his right has the set foot on the territory. They were in battle ground now. As they saw a herd of men moving slowly towards them from the castle Xiumin tensed up. He was ready, more then he ever could be, yet he still felt nervous. He didn’t want to lose. He didn’t know where the battle cry came from he just knows he leaped forward into the sea of people.

 

 

O0o0oo0o

 

Xiumin made it out of the crowd bruised and cut, but still standing as he ran toward the castle. He had to find Luhan he promised he would. He doesn’t know how he got through the people along the way but he did. Xiumin knew all the entry was into this castle. Of course he would. Growing up without a father to care for him and a mother who was constantly locked away from the peoples eyes there was no one to stop him from exploring.

 

When he found his way into the dungeon he had to stop and let his eyes adjust. When Xiumin took a few steps forward he immediately stopped. The sound of a women crying coming from one of the cells caught his attention. Edging closer his heart beat faster. His heart knew who it was before his mind registered it

 

“….Mom..” came from the brown haired before lips like a surprised whisper.

 

 

O0o0o0o

 

 

When the women looked up she looked confused at first and then recognized her son. Her precious son.

 

“You came for me.” She muttered at first and then gradually grew louder. Without second thought, Xiumin grabbed some wire scraps from the floor and began to picklock the door. When the cell was open the women threw her arms around her son and began to cry. He wrapped his securely around her.

 

“how..what…why are you here?” Xiumin fumble for words.

 

“They found me, they captured me, they took me away and I thought I’d never see you again.” The words drowned in her tears. For the first time in years xiumin cried.

 

“Well right now I have something important to do so come with me.” Xiumin wiped his tears and grabbed her hand.

 

When they found Luhan he was leaned up against the back wall of the cell with his head down. His brown hair fell over his face his normally milky white arms scared with streaks of blood.

 

“They did a number on you didn’t they?” Xiumin joked, leaning up against the door. Luhan looked up in surprise leaping to his feel.

 

“Xiumin! You’re here! What took you so long?!”

 

“Yah! At least I came!” Xiumin began picking the lock when his mother asked,

 

“Do you guys always bicker like this?”

 

“Yes” they sang in unison. They sated at each other until Xiumin finally heared the lock click.

 

“Let’s go. We still have a battle to fight.” Xiumin lead the way out.

 

Author's note: Hello! I'm terribly sorry. I don't write as often as I used to. School was in the way and now summer has made me lazy. I know this isn't the best chapter but i wanted to give you guys something. I am probably wrapping up this poor story soon. I due apologize to those who expected more or something better. I really did have a good idea about this at the beginning but my its become like this. I'll try better. ^_^ bye!