Trying to be Normal

The Illusion of Cinderella

"Oof!" Lauren collapsed in a chair beside me, fanning herself. "I'm beat!"

Even though I was sweating too, I laughed. "You're beat by the beat, eh?" I teased. Even though my limbs were begging to rest, I couldn't wait for the next upbeat song. My head and soul were in the clouds. I never fail to get a high from dancing.

"Stop laughing at the lame dancer," Lauren retorted.

"Okay folks!" Chris Style yelled over the music. "The next one is for lovebirds! Bring your heart into the clouds! Whooh!"

The beat slowed down and single dancers escaped the floor.

Lauren smirked. "Come on, Angie, it's your turn."

I elbowed her. "Beat it," I hissed.

She backed away immediately. "Okay, if that's what you want-"

"Excuse me." We both looked up. A man in a dark outfit was looking at me with a strong gaze. "May I have this dance?'

"Sure." I kept my eyes on him as I rose. I swear I had seen him somewhere...

*flashback*

"Come on Stephanie!' I yelled up the stairs. "We're going to be late!"

"I'm coming!" Stephanie answered, her voice cross. She rushed down the stairs, huffing. "This bag is so heavy," she complained.

"Save it for the teacher." I ran down the stairs waiting for a reply, and we ran across campus once outside.

I turned around a corner. "OOmph!" I quickly backed away and covered my mouth in surprise. "Oh, I'm sorry sir!" I did a little bow.

When I looked up, I was staring at a man with a surprised, strong gaze at me. He smiled, his face melting from a gaze of a warrior to a family man. "It's okay."

I smiled back, and ran off.

Stephanie joined me. "Man, the look on his face when you bumped into him! He's SOOOOOO cute," she gushed.

I wanted to slap her for liking my moment of humilation. "Come on," I barked sharply. "This way."

*End Flasback*

My cheeks flushed, and I almost looked away when he said, "The mask hides your face well."

My mask! He didn't know I had bumped into him before. I smiled. "It is after all a costume party."

He laughed, his face melting from perfect sculpture to a picture of enjoyment. "Very true. Come on." He led me out to the dance floor.

When he turned around, I forced myself to put my arms around him. My bare arms almost made me flinch, and being close to a guy made my heart beat nervously. I made myself take a deep breath and look up with a smile. "So what's your name?"

"Yesung Kim." Yesung. "And you?"

"For tonight, I'm Juliet." I stuck out my tongue playfully.

"Really? So Juliet, where is your Romeo tonight?"

"Isn't that for you to know? It's a guy's decision to make if he wants to be a girl's Romeo or not."

Yesung leaned in closer. "Then do you consider me as your Romeo?"

I looked at him, pretending to be annoyed. "And why should I answer? To tell the truth," I cut in before he could reply, "I'm pretty sure only time would tell."

"And there is no definite way to find the key to your heart?"

I smiled. "Only the guy in my heart would know." Was there a guy in my heart?

The song ended and we parted. I looked outside. "It's getting late. Nice meeting you."

"May I walk you home?" I looked at him, his face hopeful.

"Why not?" I smiled. "It's going to be a long walk."

"I don't mind." He held out an arm and I took it as we walked out into the warm night.

I breathed in the fresh air, a difference from the hot and stuffy dance room. "So, tell me, why are you wearing casual clothes to a costume party?"

Yesung sighed, looking up at the sky with smile. "Well, I'm a fashion and design major, so once I worn my own designed clothes to school, just so I didn't have to buy new clothes. People then kept liking my style and insisting I should keep wearing my own projects. So being in casual clothes is a nice change." He glanced over. "You're still wearing your mask."

"And?" I looked up at him.

"Nothing." He looked back up and we walked to my house in comfortable silence.

I stopped at my doorway. "Well this is it." I smiled. "Thanks for taking me home tonight."

"My pleasure." He unhook his arm to grab my hand. "Will we see each other again?"

I slipped off my mask and handed it to him. My doorway had no light, so I knew I would not reveal my identity. "This is your answer. Good night." I slipped away in the shadows at my door and waited to see what would happen.

-Yesung's POV-

I watched her go, wishing I had the courage to kiss her before she left. I sighed, then looked at the mask.

It was beautifully made, with sequins lining the outside and glitter in dashes. "The key to seeing her again," I muttered as I walked back. I flipped it over. There, contrasting with the white fabric, were numbers written in black sharpie. I stared blankly at it, until my mind made sense of it.

I pulled out my phone and started texting. I hope you made it home safely, I texted, and then sent. Twisting the phone in my fingers as I walked, I anxiously waited for a reply.

Just when I reached back to the house of the party, my phone beeped. I glanced at it. Thanks to you, I'll have a good night's sleep tonight. I smiled and went back inside.

Heechul was sitting at a table, waiting for me with a smile. "So how did it go?"

"What go?" I slid into the seat across from him.

"The dance with her. I also saw you go outside. What did you do, naughty boy?"

I fake-swiped at him. "You know it's not me being naughty, it's your erted mind!"  I leaned back and sighed. "I just walked her home."

"Just? No kissing at the doorstep?"

"You watch too many soaps. Anyway, ready to go home now?"

"Yup." Heechul smirked. "You're not going to ask what I did here?"

I laughed. "It's not that I don't want to ask because I don't care about you, it's just that I don't want to know."

*

Ahhh FINALLY CHAPTER 2 IS DONE. -brain applause-

Anyhow, the story format has now been established. Sometimes chapters will be in the 3 person, sometimes will be alternating between 2 POVs. I promise though I'll never put both of them together. (THAT would be confusing.)

Anyway, I'm thinking that Chapters 5-6 will be the most exciting chapters...Just giving a heads up.

And here what was going through my mind while I was in the process of writing this(MIGHT WANNA SKIP THIS PART IT'S QUITE DISTURBING):

First draft

I leaned against him, feeling his solid body support me as we danced...

*A friend in my head*: Why don't you say, I felt his chocolat abs beneath his shirt?

Me: WHAT??? That sounds like she put her hand up his shirt.

*F*: Fine. I felt his solid muscles through his clothes and slid my hand-

Me: ...You really did blow all the gutter levels.

AHHHH I have been corrupted >.<

Anyway hope you guys enjoyed! ^_^