The Knight

The Illusion of Cinderella

 

“No! Goodness sakes for the last time, I can’t make it!” I walked as I made my call. “What makes you think that if you pretend that I can show up means that I actually can?” I listened. “Okay, I’m sorry, it wasn’t my decision for the social gathering to be on the same day okay? Good bye.” I snapped my phone shut and just as I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around and immediately back away. “You.”

“Yes me.” Ethan smiled and the holster on his belt. “I’ve also got some new toys. Don’t you want to play with me?”

“Like I want to play with any of your games.”

He took out the gun and aimed. “Well, this time you have no choice. Let’s go.”

“Where?”

“To your apartment. Don’t worry, I won’t let you hit into anything,” he said as his smile grew. “Walk backwards.”

I sighed as began to take a step back. “So how are we going to play?”

“Easy. I ask a question, you answer. If I don’t like your answer, I get to use one of my toys.”

“What toys do you have?”

“The loaded gun I’m holding, a knife, and a whip. You’ll be happy to know that I’m willing to go easy.”

I gave an involuntary shudder.

“We’ll begin then.” Ethan continued walking steadily, his gun never faltering. “Was I best the boyfriend you ever had?”

“No.” Thwack. I felt pain on my shoulder. I glared at Ethan, who now had his whip in the other hand.

“That was not the right answer.” He smiled. “Try again.”

“Yes you were the best boyfriend I ever had.”

WHACK. “Say it like you mean it.”

“You were the best boyfriend I ever had!” I said in a happy tone with an insincere smile. You were the only boyfriend I ever had, I also added in my mind.

“Good. Next question. Do you regret breaking up with me?”

“Yes I regret breaking up with you.” Sooner.

“And last question.” He smiled at me evily. “Will you be my wife?”

“Yes. In your dreams.” Whoops. That didn’t go through my head.

His smiling face froze. “What did you say?”

“Nothing.” I walked faster now.

“In your dreams. In your dreams,” he repeated. He adjusted the gun.

I closed my eyes. Mom and Dad, please know I love you, I’m so proud to have been your daughter. Stephanie, please carry on life in my apartment. Lauren, thank you for giving me the best night of my life. Yesung…

I heard a click as he loaded it. I put my right hand on my heart. Yesung…

I heard metal scraping pavement.

-Yesung’s POV-

"So you're going on a date?" Heechul asked, switching channels on the TV.

"No! Just helping her with homework." I adjusted my collar.

"Homework, huh." He looked over.

"Don't give me that look. Give it to your girlfriend when you get one." I put on my jacket. "I'll see you later. Don't call me if you need to get your books. You can go get it yourself." 

As I walked out, I put on my earbuds to my mp3 player. Sure, it since every now and then it'll freeze on a track. but it's pretty good for an mp3 player I've had for years now.

"Nothing." Was that Angie's voice? I took my earbuds off, and walked faster.

"In your dreams. In your dreams," I heard a voice snarl. 

 

A man in a leather jacket was pointing a gun at Angie. No! I took my mp3 in my hand, and threw it at his hand. The gun fell out and flew near Angie.

The man turned around. “You,” he growled.

“You must be Ethan.”

“Damn right I am. And you’ll pay.”

I assumed a stance I learned from my martial arts class. “We’ll see about that.”

He threw a punch, which I easily ducked and used his arm to throw him over.

“Careful, Yesung! He’s got a-“ I heard Angie yell.

I felt a sharp pain on the left side of my hip and let out a groan. I looked down and saw a knife hilt stuck on my jacket.

“What are you going to do now?” Ethan sneered.

I clutched around the injury. The pain made my grit my teeth, but I managed to smile. “Knock you out.”

As I aimed a kick at his head with my right leg, shots rang through my ears. I saw blood gushing down Ethan’s legs. When I had landed and Ethan had gone down, I saw the gun in Angie’s hands. My job was done.

“Yesung!” She dropped the gun and rushed over.

“I’m, okay,” I panted as I kneeled down.

“No you aren’t.” She took out her cell phone. “I’m calling 911 right now.”

“Wait.” I reached up and touched her face. My hand felt warm wetness. “You’re crying.”

“I’m not.” She sniffed.

I smiled. “You’re beautiful, you know that right?” I closed my eyes, and passed out cold.

*

*sniff* SOBS. 

I'm really bad at writing violence scenes, so if anyone wants to give me tips like "You could use this sound effect here" that would be appreciated.

I WANNA CRY.

Anyhow, if you want a teaser what's probably going to happen next: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ayQiB4bDGA&feature=related

This scene happens when someone tried to shoot Queen Victoria, but Prince Albert pushed her out of the way and took the bullet instead. I think it hit his arm, so not very letahl. Then again, it was the...20th? 19th? century, so any shot could be lethal. I don't know. Anyway, I reccomend watching the whole movie, I watched it on the plane back from China. SO TEAR WORTHY. Seriously, I couldn't help but cry when I saw it the first time. 

-tear- Be right back...

ANYHOW I'll try to update faster, but knowing me, I'm WAY too stressed out over high school. -sigh- It hasn't even started yet, and I'm already dreading the next few days. Maybe it's cause I have volleyball tryouts, and seriously, I bet all the people there have been playing on teams for years. I barely even play it. Ah well, have to get through it. Wish me luck and not too much pain! (Haha my sister is like, "Well they won't be in your classes so you don't have to worry about it." Right.)