Slamming the Door

The Illusion of Cinderella

-Angie's POV-

"Angie!" I turned around, seeing Yesung running toward me. I wanted to smile at the sight of him. My heart was begging to give him a chance, screaming he was the guy that I wanted to be in the arms in. But my skeptical mind was just as loud. So I stood there.

He stopped. "Why do you have a poker face on?"

I shrugged, putting a smile on my face. "More like my normal face actually."

"Really? I thought the face you have on now is your normal face."

"I guess it is."

We stood there silently, looking at each other.

He broke the silence first. "So do you have any plans tonight?"

"Nope. Well, besides homework."

"Cool. Wanna hang out?"

My body tensed. Why? Why those words? I could hear Ethan's voice ringing in my ear. "I'm sorry." I turned and started walking away.

"What? Wait!" I heard foosteps and Yesung appeared in front of me. "Why are you acting this way?" He said, an exasperated look on his face.

I looked away, shaking my head. "Trust me, you don't want to know why." I started walking again.

"What? Bad day?" He started walking by my side. "Hormones?"

I stopped, this time I was being exasperated. "Seriously, I'm never going to tell you. I mean, you have your own life. Don't let my problems, my life get in the way, okay?" I turned away to keep walking.

"Angie-" His hand grabbed for my arm.

"OUCH!" I snatched my arm away. I turned to face him, holding where he grabbed me, glaring. "What do you not get what I just said?" I spat out. "Let this be the last time we ever meet." With that, I shouldered my bag and started to run away.

As I neared my apartment, I looked over my shoulder to see if Yesung was following. Instead, I saw his still figure on the top of hill, where I had left him. I kept running until I got to my door.

Once I was inside, I leaned against the door, letting the tears my eyes held hostage free. My legs collapsed underneath me. I closed my eyes, remembering it was the same thing I had done when I let the first guy of my heart free. That was for my safety. Now letting go the second guy of my heart, I was hurting myself.

"But it's all for the better," I told myself out loud. "He'll never know, and will never worry. That's all that matters."

I got up and dusted myself off, and brought my bag to my room.

Minutes later, I heard Stephanie come in. "Hey Angie! I'm back!"

"Hey," I replied, coming out. I saw her with bags in the kitchen. "You bought groceries?"

She looked at me, and shrugged. "Well, I bought some snacks just in case we got hungry whenever we were studying." She smiled, then froze. "Your arm?"

I looked at it, my mind racing for an explanation. "Oh. Well, I was running back to the apartment for a runner's high while holding my bag, so I guess I got my hand sweaty. Then I saw a mosquito land on my arm and I swatted it away."

"Mosquitoes!" Stephanie jumped away, rubbing her arms. "Oh no, they're already out? I'm going to have red blotchy legs again," she moaned.

"Nah, it's okay. I realized it was just the ones that hide in the grass."

"But still! If one is out, then they're all out!" She pulled out her phone. "Buy bug spray," she muttered, tapping on the screen.

I shook my head and went back to my room. Should I have told her the truth? No. It was useless to tell her something that was only going to be a page in my life, nothing more. But I confess, my heart beat as I touched where he had touched me.

*

Lalala...Hello silent readers! How ya doing? Well obviously I'm not going to ask you for your input, because you don't even comment! Even when I take special time to reply back to your comments!

Just kidding. I know that sometimes I don't want to freaking comment (mostly because I'm lazy >.<) but seriously, if any of you guys want to be sarcastic, rant, say something totally unrelated in the comment box, be my guest! It's there for a reason!

Anyway, I wonder if anyone can guess how the next chapter will go...But I have silent readers, so I will never know. T.T