Court Day

The Illusion of Cinderella

 

To the blossoms of my heart, you are not just a flower,

You are Life.

The thorns and tears in the petals are just as important as your sweet scent and delicate image.

One of the flowers in the field, it was you I chose to shine in my attention.

My sincere wish is to see you grow and not wither within my gaze.

Yet if you decide to be in someone else’s vase and not in my hands…

I understand.

Life is you, so therefore I cannot keep you in a cage.

You deserve to be blown in the wind, free to the world.

Move your roots, make your moves.

Watching is my pleasure.

 

I closed the journal, tears coming into my eyes. I didn’t know he was so sweet!

“Angie?” A lady in an office dress and high heels, adjusting her secretary glasses, stood in front of me. “Your case will be next. Your attorney is waiting for you.”

“Oh, thank you.” I stood up and entered the court room.

When I went in, I heard some gasps, and tried to ignore them. Today, I hadn’t bothered to cover the bruises Ethan had inflicted on me. Some of them had turned yellow, but most of them were the green color I remembered. Some of them were still purple.

After swearing on the bible, I stood in the plantiff section. I glanced over at the defendant section. Ethan’s legs were bandaged, but his face looked calm.

“So the defendant has been charged the sentence of physical assault. And the defendant’s argument is?”

“Not guilty,” Ethan’s attorney spoke up.

“I also see here that there was a reporting and temporary restraining order. Why is that?”

“My client here received physical abuse from the defendant,” my attorney replied.

“And what did you do?”

I lifted my chin. “I reported him to the police and kicked him out of my house.”

“And now you have met him again with consequences. Are those bruises all over you caused by him?”

“Yes your honor.”

“Well I’m very sorry to hear that. Now let’s hear the case.”

I sat back with a sigh as the attorneys proceeded to argue.

 

“So I see here of the medical evidence of a bullet wound near the hip.” The judge looked up. “Is that you, ma’am?”

“No your honor. That’s my friend.”

“Is he here?”

“No-“

“Yes, your honor.”

We all turned to see the bailiff, who stood at the door. “He is waiting outside, your honor.”

“Bring him in,” the judge commanded.

The door opened I caught my breath. Yesung stood at the door way with crutches. He looked at me and flashed a small smile. Taking a breath, he hobbled in, and stood next to me. Underneath my pulpit, he took my hand in his.

“Here your honor.”

“May I see your wound?”

“Yes.” He lifted up his shirt, where a bandage covered his left side.

“What did the doctors told you?”

“They told me I would probably learn how to walk again, but it needed to heal. I also had a dream of becoming a singer. They told me my lung capacity probably wouldn’t match what I had before due to my diaphragm.”

“What I heard from the incident, you aimed a kick at the defendant’s head. Will you explain your action?”

“He was going to hurt Angie. I knocked the gun out of his hand so he wouldn’t be able to shoot. Before I knew it, he had stabbed me right at the hip. I aimed the kick in self-defense, so that he would be able to any more casualties on me or Angie.”

“Thank you. This court will now take a break.” She slammed the gavel.

As lawyers shifted their papers and such, I squeezed his hand. “Why did you come?”

Yesung smiled. “I thought you probably need more evidence, and I could provide it.”

“You didn’t have to come with your hip-“

He glared at me. I smiled ruefully. “Sorry. Mother instincts are coming out.”

“Mother instincts huh?”

“So is it painful?”

He nodded. “Hurts like hell. I’ll manage. Doctors offered me painkillers, but I don’t want to get addicted.”

“The court will now be in session!” A bailiff barked. All talking ceased as the judge returned.

“Now I need to ask here, to the prosecutor, what is the relationship between you and your friend?”

“Just friends. We had met about three weeks ago.”

“Just friends. I see.” She turned to Ethan. “Now why did you come back and inflict those injuries on this young lady?”

“I wanted to get back all the hurt she caused on me. For not respecting me like a man.”

“Yet it’s clear you physically abused her. Did you ever thinking about the pain you caused her?”

Ethan remained silent. “I thought so. As a result I’m very disappointed.” The judge raised her gavel. “Here’s my verdict: The defendant is guilty of physical assault of the first degree, and is sentenced to 25 years in prison. The prosecutors will also have a permanent restraining order on the defendant. Case is dismissed.”

“All rise!” The bailiff barked, and I stood up with everyone else, as my mind raced. Did we really just win the case?

Only when I stepped outside of the courthouse did I believe.

*

FINALLY A CHAPTER DONE!

You guys seriously don't know how much this means to me. (Well, okay, you probably do.) 

Anyhow, please don't expect updates, I've got high school, I wanna kill myself over AP homework, yada yada yada...

This also took a LOT of research. (just kidding but still) 

Hope you guys enjoyed! If there is something wrong with the facts, let me know...>.<