Illusion of Cinderella

The Illusion of Cinderella

 

I put my finishing touches for my piece for one of the fall runways in Paris when the phone rang. Lyrics of “It has to be you” filled the air. I savored the sound before I picked the phone up.

“Hello, Illusion of Cinderella label, how may I help you?”

“Hello, is this Ms. Brooks?”

“That’s me.” I organized some papers on the side.

“This is Ms. Hagen from Vogue magazine. I was wondering if you willing to do an interview.”

“I’ll be glad to.”

“Will the 23rd be okay?”

I flipped through my schedule. “Unfortunately I’m out of town that day. I’m free the 21st and the 25th though.”

“The 25th will suit well. I’ll send the details through an email.”

“Great. Good bye.”

“Good bye Ms. Brooks.”

I put the phone down and went to check my email. I clicked on a new message.

 

From: [email protected]

Subject: Look at this

 

Like it?

 

I clicked on the link to see Yesung in a black fedora, a black feather boa around his neck, in a purple spotted tank. The article talked about how it was the tenth teaser photo for Super Junior’s 5th album, and how each member made their own decisions for the teaser photo.

I smiled and picked up the phone. As I heard the ring tone, I glanced out the window. There was a single cloud in the sky.

*

And that is the end!

Yes, I know it’s kinda sad that this story ends with teasers for Mr. Simple, and A-cha is already out. I started brainstorming during that time. That being said, if you’re bored, go watch the A-cha and find out how many times the members try to “headbutt” the camera. If you need an example, go watch Mr. Simple and watch Eunhyuk headbutt it. Got it? Good.

Yes, I’m in spazz mode about A-cha, even though it’s probably been two weeks since it has been released. This is how behind I am, okay? I hope you don’t mind as I see Yesung summon fire, sing a line with two side views and one front view, whip his jacket as Ryeowook spins…you know this list could go on forever. And for those dislikers of his assymetrical cut, you shouldn’t be here. (okay, you can be here, but hating!) Yes, it looks weird and different, but you know what? It’s been a long time since Yesung had a difference in the shape of his hair. Not color, shape. Now I just need to see Yesung with his bangs slicked up like in one debut stage of Mr. Simple but with sunglasses off. Maybe no bangs at all. But I guess we’ll get see him with a really short cut when he goes to the army. (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-)

So Scavenger hunt list in A-cha: How many headbutts are there? How many couple pairings are there? (haha I spazzed out when I saw Eunhae so good luck ^_^) And, how many times does the camera vibrate? What line goes with what dance move that invokes the most erted thoughts? (if you can’t think of anything, good for you. Stay innocent.)

Not to mention that I really like “Breakups are typical of me.” Yesung did well for the live stages. Okay, I only saw Music Bank, but still. (YESUNG YOUR VOICE CRACKED REST WELL) I’m sure his hyung would have been proud. Though I kinda wanna see Heechul perform that, since the music video was very humorous by itself. Ah well, his dongsengs covered for him, and I REALLY want that buy that track. Anyway, isn’t Kim Jang Hoon the guy from the first episode of Foresight?

Another thing: Yesung wears a lot of jackets. On top of a tank or a really cool t-shirt. I guess the stages must have really high air conditioning. But why can’t we see only what’s under the jacket? I get it, he’s getting old, but come on. Let him live in his youth time as it is. Which I guess he’s still living with his earrings. Yesung seems like one of the idols where earrings don’t seem out of place at all. Maybe it’s his hairstyles. It just kinda fits naturally. I remember when I was little, earrings were considered to feminine. Kinda ironic how all these guy idols wear earrings and I don’t even have my ears pierced. And that’s the way it should be. :P

Anyway, I have digressed a lot. It’s been lovely working with you guys, Angie, Yesung, Stephanie, Heechul, Ethan (ok not really) and all. I feel this fanfic doesn’t really need a sequel, nor can I have any ideas about making one, so we’ll just leave it at that. (Yes, we don’t really know if Angie and Yesung get together and who does she call, but you know what? That’s up to you to imagine.) (If you guys REALLY want a sequel, you also better give me ideas. Sequels are really hard to write.) I wish you all the best in your reading experiences, writing experiences, and anything else in your life. I hope we can meet again soon.

READERS FIGHTING! <3