Drunk with Desperation

The Illusion of Cinderella

-Yesung's POV-

After checking with Heechul in our apartment, I had been dropped off at the local bar. It had a reputation of being a nice hangout for students. After nodding to some classmates I had passed by, I sat down at a table.

"What would you like, sir?" A waitress stood in front of me.

"A glass of soju, please." Even though I knew I couldn't drink well, I wanted to distract myself from today's events.

When it came around, I took a big sip. My phone vibrated and I looked at it.

Hey man. I'm going out to shop. Just wanted you to know that I'm going to leave my phone at home, it's out of my battery.

Shoot. Now Heechul couldn't pick up, espeically since he would take HOURS for shopping. I scanned through my phone's contacts for anyone who could pick me up. I sighed as I scanned through names of my friends in Korea. Some of them were in their respective home countries. Then I found Angie's name. Couldn't she answer from a man crying out for help? Or still be the ice princess she was?

I guess it was time to find out if I fell in love with the right girl or not. I pressed the send button.

"Sorry sorry sorry sorry, neiga neiga-Hello?"

"Hey Angie. It's Yesung."

I heard a shuffle. "Oh. Hey."

"Hey, I was wondering could you pick me up?"

"Why?"

"I'm drunk. I don't want to get into anything."

There was another shuffle, then a laugh. "This is the first time I hear a guy actually being careful while being drunk."

"Well, that's cause I'm different."

"How?" I heard her voice hold a curious tone. Why couldn't she have been this before?

"While are you listening now?"

"Maybe it's because only people with important needs call me. So you were saying?"

I sighed. "Physically, I'm drunk. Mentally, I'm totally fine. I know what's going around with me, even if everything looks hazy."

"Hmm. Looks like you do need help then. I'll be on my way."

I let out a sigh of relief as I snapped my phone closed and finished my drink.

She appeared, pulling out the seat in front of me, again dazzling. Her simple appearance yet confident ponytail made her seem to tower in front of everybody, even though she wasn't the tallest in the room. "Hey."

"Hi. Thanks for coming."

"No problem. Did I ever mention to you that I admire guys who call for help?"

"Nope. Why?"

"At least they know the need help. Some jerks don't even know it, and some want to make themselves unhuman by not. Do you need help walking."

"Probably. Wait." I rested my hand on top of her as she started getting up. "I've got some things to say first."

Angie sat back down. "Go ahead."

I sipped the last of my drink. "I don't know you were talking about this afternoon. And-" I held up a hand as she opened . "Let me finish what I've got to say, okay? And I don't expect to. But seriously, can't we just be friends? You can keep secrets from me if you want. But I want you to know I'm not just an ordinary guy you can throw away. I actually care for people, unlike some other jerks you have probably met."

She sat silently for awhile. "You're done?"

"I'm done."

"Okay." She stood up. "Come on, let's get into my car."

...

After being helped into the front seat and silently driven, I arrived at a familiar sight.

"This where you live?"

"Yup. Fifth floor. I would have normally climbed up stairs, but seeing how you're in no condition to do so, we'll take the elevator."

"Wait, so I'm going to stay with you for the night?"

She looked at me. "Well, I don't know where you live, so yeah."

I groaned, mentally face palming myself. Why didn't I think of her telling my address?? Must be the soju getting to me.

Angie laughed. "Don't worry. You'll be sleeping on the couch in the living room." The doors of the elevator opened and we walked out slowly. "I'm sorry I don't have a bed for you to sleep in, but it's pretty comfy and large. I hope you'll get a good night's sleep." She turned the key and went in.

I looked around. "Wow. You do have a nice place."

"Thank you. I picked it out myself. There." She pointed to a brown couch.

I hobbled over to it and collapsed. "Thanks."

"No problem." She checked her watch. "I'm going to sleep now."

"Okay. Good night." I made myself get comfy.

Minutes later, I felt something land soft on me. "Hmmm?"

"It's a pillow and a blanket," I heard Angie's voice inform me. "So you don't get sick."

"Oh. Thanks."

"You're welcome." She turned away, but stopped. "You wanna know why I burst out this afternoon?" She softly asked.

I nodded.

"I'll tell you in the morning, when you're sober. Sleep well." She turned again and walked off to her room. I sighed and laid my head down, and remembered nothing after that.

*

YES! I am so happy! I have a hyperactive reader that is actually commenting!!! Ahh thank you chubbycheeksmochi14 for making my day. -bounces up and down-

And screw mosquitoes around here! -itches-

On other news, I got the other 2 Suju-m albums I have been missing. ^_^ I AM FINALLY BEING A GOOD ELF. Maybe it's cuz things aren't a ripoff like they are back home.

On that note, I'm going to be on an airplane for HOURS on the 9th. So please don't bother me if I don't update then, okay? (I do promise though that I will bring my notebook and write up ideas...Like with my other fanfic. So don't think I'm being lazy ppl. Well, okay, I'm always lazy, but still.)