No Regrets?

The Illusion of Cinderella

-Angie's POV-

 

“His injury is not very serious as it looks. The blade missed any vital organs, as short as it was.” I walked with Dr. Hu as he led me down the corridors of the hospital. I nodded, trying to ignore sounds of heart-monitors and air masks. “However, we suggest keeping him in for another week, just to make sure there isn’t any clotting where it should be, and that his body heals properly.”

“Thank you, Dr. Hu.” He nodded and smiled as I turned to the door. I breathed in. Would he be angry when he saw me?

“Yesung, you have a visitor,” I heard the nurse say inside.

“Who is it?”

I couldn’t hold it any longer. I turned the doorknob and walked in. “Yesung…”

In my head I could imagine so many scenarios. Ones where Yesung would sit up and demand to have me thrown out, to never see me again. Where I could never apologize and forgive him.

But this seemed much worse. Wires were all over him, an IV stuck to his arm. At least he didn’t have a breathing tube. He smiled weakly as I came in, but didn’t sit up.

“I’ll leave you two alone for awhile, okay?” The nurse smiled.

I looked at her. “Thank you.” I watched her leave.

The door closed and I walked up to him, taking his hand into mine. “I’m so sorry,” I whispered.

He squeezed my hand. “Don’t be. I make my own decisions. This one I didn’t regret.”

Tears started to fall. How could someone be that selfless? “Why?” I asked, wiping my face with my hand. “Why did you choose?”

He gestured to my left. “See that notebook over there? Please read it, every page.”

I glanced over, then looked at him. Even though he was in a weak position, his eyes were determined, strong. I nodded, then let go of his hand so I could go across the room and picked up the notebook. The cover was the blue sky, with some clouds floating across. I turned to the first page.

 

Dear Journal,

As this is my first entry, I guess I must introduce myself.

I am Yesung Kim. My parents are cooking geniuses, so my family is pretty wealthy. I’m going off to college next year.

Do I have any friends? Yes, but I don’t confide in them with secrets as I will with you. Some of them seem…shallow. Shallow in the way that if I told them all my feelings, my thoughts, they wouldn’t understand. I guess I don’t really need anyone to understand, just someone to listen.

Before I go off to college, my parents are taking me to Korea. Once I’m there, I will participate in music activities. My singing isn’t too bad, I guess, since I qualified for such thing.

However, since my family is pretty wealthy, I’ve been exposed to the different outfits of a person. It’s incredible how different aspects of a person can be revealed each way.

But singing…Singing is like clothes, but with feeling. Clothes can disguise, but singing is always the truth, the soul.

My parents don’t want me to do singing. They think even if I pursue such a dream, that I would never succeed, never live the comfortable life. The question is, do I want the comfortable life, if I never get to do what I love?

I guess my trouble is doing the two things I love. Looks like I’ll have to choose one over the other.

However, for now, I can just pretend that I can do both.

Is that too much for you to handle? I’m sorry. I’ll stop writing then.

Yours truly,

Yesung

 

I looked up. “Read all of it?”

Yesung nodded. “You don’t have to read it all right now. Maybe a page every day would be nice.”

I closed the book and held it as I took my other hand to hold Yesung’s. “I’m so glad you’re alright.”

“Me too.” He looked me into my eyes. “Write me a letter every day?”

“What?”

“Write me a letter.” He gestured to his journal. “I wrote in that journal as a bunch of letter to someone who would read, who would listen. Don’t just be the listener. Talk.”

“I don’t know…” I looked away. Talking? I felt like I forgot how to speak so many years before.

“You don’t have to do it now. Just remember, I’m always here to listen.”

“Okay. I’ll keep that in mind.”

There was a knock on the door and I pulled away instinctively. A nurse came in, an apologetic smile on her face. “Sorry, Yesung, it’s time for your medicine now.”

I checked my watch. “I have to go anyway.” I looked back. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“See you then.” His calm look on his face assured me, even though his hands trembled.

I walked out of the door with a mind full of buzzling thoughts. I realized as I walked out of the hospital, that I felt like I was going to read the last words of a dying man.

*

Hey guys! I'm still really busy, because of all these programs getting us ready for high school and stuff, so don't expect an immediate update. (Seriously, I bet Marching Band is as hard as singing and dancing on stage. You know what? I really want a program for idols where they make their own marching band. Hey, they're already ice skating and doing sports, why not marching band?)

But yes I have ideas. Unlike my other fanfic. >.<

ARGH HAVE NOT EDITED OTHER CHAPTER. BRB.

Anyhow, comments are appreciated! ^_^ If you really have nothing to say, you can say no comment, I won't be offended, okay maybe I would juST KIDDING.