Finally the Walls Are Tumbling Down

The Illusion of Cinderella

Yeah. Go ahead. Sing Beyonce's Halo. I'll be waiting. ^_^

*

-Angie's POV-

I woke up to rapid knocks on my door. "What?" I answered, irritated.

The door opened, revealing Stephanie. "Why is there a guy sleeping on our couch?" She asked, her eyes sparkling.

"Hmm? Oh him...He's just a friend. He was having trouble with being drunk, so I let him crash on our couch. Why?"

"Oh. No reason."

"Nu-uh. You aren't telling me something."

"Isn't he the guy you crashed into the day we were, like, so late?" She whispered excitedly.

"Yeah."

"OH MY GOD! You brought a hunk into our house!" She squealed and hopped around.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. I caught a glance at my alarm clock. "Hey, don't you have work now?"

"Oh crap! I do! Well, see you later!" She smiled and left.

I shook my head and got dressed.

-Yesung's POV-

A white ceiling, white walls...HUH? I sat up and looked around. Then I remembered, I was at Angie's house.

"So you're awake." Angie walked in with a glass. "Here, it's coconut water. It will help you with your hangover."

I took it, speechless. Her face was a mixture of green and purple splotches. Her arms and legs were the same.

She noticed me scanning her. "Are you checking me out?" She teased.

I snorted. "You wish." I looked at her face. "What happened?"

She sighed and sat in a chair opposite of me. "This is why I blew you off yesterday."

"Do you know Ethan Serwick?" I shook my head. "Well, he was my last boyfriend. We got to meet each other through a party held by my friend during the last year of high school. We learned we were going to go to the same university. He started calling me, asking me to meet him at a place to talk. By my freshman year, we were going out. At first he seemed really nice, helping me carry stuff, knowing when I felt bad..." She took a breath. "And then I got my apartment."

My eyebrows shot up. "Is there some inappropiate, TMI details with that?"

Angie laughed, her whole body shaking. "No," she said chuckling. "Sorry, your face was priceless. But no. He one day asked if he could move in. He said he got in trouble with his landlord. So for awhile we had lived together peacefully. One day, he texted me if I could get milk. There had been a huge storm, so I was sopping wet and exhausted when I got in. When I got into the kitchen, he started to help me like usually. Then he saw the milk, and started yelling at me for bringing the wrong kind. I started yelling back how if he wanted his kind, he could go get it himself. That's when the hitting started."

She fell silent. I shifted so I was sitting comfortably. "Did you report him?"

Angie shook her head. "Even if I did report him, he could come back after his time. I wanted to get him out my own way. I started taking self-defense classes, and then kicked him out." She smiled. "I took all of his stuff and dropped it outside. They were gone the next day." She sighed. "I also moved out. I used to live four floors higher than now next door. That's why everything here seems so new, I haven't had time to really made this place home. My old place was fixed up and now is rented out." 

She smiled at me. "I get...paranoid a lot. That's why I pushed you away. It was like awaking memories of Ethan...But I know that's probably wrong. You're probably different."

I looked at her as she got up, seeing how she had bruises everywhere. "Doesn't it hurt to do anything?"

She shrugged. "When I was little, I used to press on my bruises after reading somewhere it helps them heal faster. Of course now I'm not as sure it's true. If I'm expecting the pain, I don't really mind it. But like when you touched me...I wasn't ready for it at all. That's why I reacted."

Ahh. That's why she screamed yesterday, but didn't complain at now. "So do you cover up with makeup?'

"Yup."

"Ahh." I sat there silently.

Angie peered into my face. "What are you thinking?"

I looked up, then laughed. "Oh nothing. I have this tendency to make up rants in my head. I was thinking what to say to the jerk of your ex-boyfriend."

She laughed. "That's very nice of you." She looked at my watch. "I have to go to work now. You can stay here, if you want. Help yourself to our food, just try not to make a mess, okay?"

"Thanks." I looked at her. "Do you really trust me that much?"

She bit her lip. "It's hard for me, but yeah I do." She smiled. "See you later."

"Bye." I watched her leave, then got up from the couch. I walked into her room, seeing it was blank as the rest of the house. Remembering her outfit from the dance, I walked to her closet and was stunned. All kinds of outfits hung there of radiant colors.

I got an idea, and took out my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Heechul."

"YAH! Yesung, you had me worried last night," he fretted over the phone. "I came to the bar, but I couldn't find you!"

I laughed. "It's okay. I'm right now in my friend's house. Actually, in the house of the girl I danced with."

"WHOAH! Yesung, did I just hear that correctly?"

I rolled my eyes, like he could see me. "HEECHUL! Stop your erted thoughts right now! Anyway, I was thinking, do you mind doing a project with me when I get the chance to do it?"

"What kind of project?" He asked, suspicion in his voice.

"A painting job."

"Oh! Okay. Just tell me whenever and I'll go with you!"

"Awesome. Thanks hyung, you're the best."

"Argh, you got me into Korean mode again! You gotta stop that."

"You wish. I'll see you later. Bye." I hung up and then took a picture of Angie's closet with my phone. Angie, I promise, I will make you see how much love my heart has. I promise.

*

Haha bet you can guess what Yesung is going to do. Anyway, I hope that answered the majority of your questions, I'm going to go to sleep now. *yawns* BTW I did keep my promise of finishing two chapters in one day, so you guys better comment! ^_^