Anxious in Head, Solid in Heart

The Illusion of Cinderella

 

-Angie’s POV-

“So how is he doing?” Stephanie asked as we walked back from our classes.

“He’s fine. Recovering slowly.”

“I can’t believe Ethan would do something like that. He seemed like a nice guy.”

“Well then you never knew him.” I sighed. “The police officers have already set a date for court, but I’m not sure if Yesung and I will be up to it.”

“You two will. I’m sure of it.” Stephanie beamed at me.

“Thanks.” In my mind, I shook my head. Why did she seem so positive?

-Yesung’s POV-

“You’re looking well,” Heechul commented as he entered in the room.

I smiled. “Tell me about it.” I patted my abdomen and winced. “I’m probably not as much pain as you were when you needed an operation on your leg.”

“It’s okay. I’m over that.” He looked around. “Pretty plain, don’t you think?”

“At least it looks clean.”

“True. I guess that’s the whole point of hospitals then.” Heechul looked at me. “So. You have no regrets?”

“None whatsoever, hyung.” I tried to sit up.

He rushed over. “Here, let me help you.” He positioned my arms so that I could rely on them to push me up.

“Thanks.” I gave a sigh of relief as I put my arms down, then winced as my hip ached.

"Was that really worth it?" Heechul asked as he backed away. 

"For her, yes."

“Even through all that pain?”

I gave a wry smile. “I could be tortured until I wished I was dead, and probably have no regrets.”

“So you finally have fallen in love.” He sighed and sat down. “Are you really sure she’s worth it?”

“I’m sure.” I shifted and concentrated on his face. “You know, hyung, I have this theory. There are different sorts of people in this world, right? Well, sometimes a person is manipulated to the point he or she doesn’t trust anyone anymore. I have a feeling…that Angie is one of those people.”

“Well, usually your hunches are right.” Heechul sat down from a chair across from me.

I gave him a look. “Anyway, I want to be the guy who shows her what it’s like not to be manipulated. The one that protects her, and lets her be herself.”

“Even if it means letting her go?”

“Even if it means letting her go,” I said firmly.

Heechul sat back with a sigh. “You may look shy on the outside, but man you are rock solid on the inside.”

I smiled my sweetest smile. “Did you really just realize that?”

*

YES! Another chapter done! WOOOHOOO!!!!

Anyhow, NOTE not all of what my characters say hint what's coming next. It's just how they feel and stuff. Their point of view. You know how you make some inferences or predictions in real life and turns out they're wrong?  Yeah.

And this story might not end the way you want it, btw, just to let you know. Nothing really bad, just probably not the happy ending you're expecting.

ANYHOW I think this story is flowing somewhat nicely now, don't you think? Oh and i also have marching band practice NEXT week, so be prepared to wait a few days before next update. (I've been staying up until 11 just to write stuff when I want to crash, okay? Yes I'm somewhat that dedicated, when I could be practicing my pic. Okay, maybe I couldn't, considering most of my household would be asleep at that time.) 

Thumbs up if you're going to be a fresh-wait. They aren't any thumbs up buttons here. DANG IT!