Letting Go...

The Illusion of Cinderella

 

“Yesung! YESUNG!” Heechul burst into my room.

I looked up from my book and raised an eyebrow. It’s very odd for Heechul to be so excited. He can be sarcastic, smooth with words, but jumping up and down?

“You’ll never guess what happened?” He waved a letter. I glanced at it to see Korean letters.

“What is it?”

He grinned. “Leeteuk hyung just wrote to us. He said that our group has been signed on with a company, SM Entertainment! Super Junior is actually going to be a group performing in Korea! We’re going to be professional performers, maybe even celebrities!”

I laughed. “That’s great!” But inside, my heart also sank. Korea? What about Angie?

Heechul noticed my lack of enthusiasm. “Hey, what’s the matter? Isn’t this what you dreamed of?” He sat down on a chair.

I sighed. “Heechul, my lung capacity hasn’t been the same since the accident. I’m not sure if my singing is good as it was before.”

“You can learn how to sing again. SM has vocal coaches. You’re hiding something more important, Yesung. It’s that girl, Angie, right?”

I kept silent. Was it Angie? Was it an obsession, or love?

“I know you want to protect her,” Heechul said gently. “But frankly, she might not need it anymore. She’s already won the battle with her worst enemy, and she’s finally on the path to healing. If you keep hovering over her, she might feel like you won’t let her do anything.”

I sighed. “That makes sense, but my heart keeps saying no.”

He rose. “Think about it. I’m not saying you can’t be part of her life, but maybe it’s time to let go.”

When he left, I sat for awhile in my empty room. Did I want to let go?

*

Hi guys! Finally online! Stupid AP homework >.< Man if only my cousin was here... we're learning the same stuff, but he's two years older. Haha it's cause my school system is messed up compared to the rest of the world. Okay, rest of the US. I have no idea what other 9th graders around the world are learning in their history classes.

I'm going to update...one or two more chapters. I don't want to throw too much at ya. But just to let you know, I have finished writing the whole fanfic. Yes, I'm sad too. T.T YESUNG IM GOING TO MISS YOU SO MUCH.

Of course, during these moments, I go listen to A-cha. Or oops. Or Adante. I should really just buy the repackaged album and listen to the whole thing.

TO THE END!