Someone's Princess

The Illusion of Cinderella

 

“Stephanie, open up!” I banged on the door.

The door opened. “So how was the job?”

I grunted as I lugged in my bag. “The boutique was really nice, and everyone was really helpful. However, I’m now stuck with a bunch of assignments.” I sighed. “I hope I can handle it.”

“Don’t worry. I know you can. Tell me if you need any help.” Stephanie bent down to put my bag on a chair.

“Thanks.” I bent up to stop, gaping at the walls.

She grinned. “It’s a nice improvement, isn’t it?”

I walked toward the wall, the curve of an arc. I slowly walked the length of the wall, as if I was in a trance. I probably was. The pieces in my closet flashed before my eyes, the meshed together into a new creation. My fingers itched to put down a design on paper.

After I had walked around the kitchen and living space, I turned to Stephanie. “Is there more?”

She nodded. “Your room.”

I immediately turned to walk into my room. As I stepped in, my senses were again overwhelmed with color and patterns.

Yet when I turned to face the door, I found the wall to be a sky, with clouds. There were two pieces of paper attached to it. I took the first one, the smaller one on the left. Black words swirled on white.

 

Angie,

 

Do you remember in my journal about this group called Super Junior?

We are to debut in Korea. I leave in a few weeks.

You may think me as a coward for not telling you this in person, but I wanted to give you your gift before I gave the bad news. And the gift had to be a surprise.

I’m sorry you have to learn about this from paper.

I hope you can follow your dreams, as I will follow mine.

There is one last entry in my journal that I have never showed you. You’ll find it right next to this note.

-Yesung

 

Tears filled in my eyes. He was leaving. I took up the other piece of paper. It was written on stationary that blended with the wall, a blue sky with clouds.

                                  

Dear Angie,

You’ve asked me before what my first impression was. I answered a flower, one that no one noticed as it bloomed. I didn’t lie when I made that reply, in fact, I imagined you as a white rose. Classic yet different. Sweet yet unique.

But I didn’t tell you what I thought of you in whole. As of now. I know it may change, but I’m sure the general image would always stay.

Angie, you are Cinderella.

You have preserved through unnecessary horrors, and you have succeeded. You ascended above all of them that had scorned you to come to the place where you belong. You showed your true colors without any doubt.

But there seems to be a part missing. Where is your prize? Where is your Prince Charming, who sweeps you off your feet and congratulates you for rising to the top?

That is where my tale ends. Only you know who is your Prince Charming, your prize. I’m satisfied enough to see of this tale, almost like a father watching a daughter grow up. But I am too young and inexperienced to truly know what it feels.

Do you understand what I speak of? I’m sure you do.

Even if we’re not together, or never together, we’ll always be attached by each other’s heart.

I wish you the best.

Love, Yesung

 

I smiled. “I’m Cinderella,” I said to myself. My heart rose with those words.

I was finally someone’s princess.

*

Finally had time to write and upload again! YAY!!! -does happy dance-