Protecting Myself

The Illusion of Cinderella

"Stephanie?" I looked at my watch at the door, then watched for any signs of my roommate.

"I'm here!" She stepped out of her room and smiled, then frowned. "Um, you missed a spot here," she said, pointing to my cheek, slightly flushing.

"Oh. Thanks." I smiled at her and went to the bathroom. Even though there were times I wanted to pull my hair out, there were times like these when I was glad to have a roommate again. Not to mention how my pockets were less empty.

*flashback from a few days ago*

"Angie!" I looked behind to see Stephanie waiting to catch up with me. I shook my head with a smile-even though it had been year since we were roommates, she hadn't changed much.

"Hey Stephanie. Long time no see."

"I know right?" She panted, looking around. "I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Shoot."

"Do you know where I could have a place to stay?" I looked at her wide-eyed as she rushed to explain. "I thought I originally had a place to stay, but there had been some issues..." She looked away.

"You were going to live with Derek, right?"

Stephanie looked up, slightly open. "How did you know-"

"It's okay. I was your roommate, remember?" I smiled. "Come on, I'll show you my place."

I led the way to my apartment, as I tried to stop Stephanie's thanks. Finally we had reached the door.

"Wow!" Stephanie looked around. "This place is actually livable!"

I laughed. "Come on in. I have a spare room in the back. If you like it, you can move in this afternoon."

"Awesome!" She said, as we walked in, then turned to me, her face slightly frowning. "Wait, usually people have conditions."

I leaned against the door. "I only have one. Name yours first."

She looked at me, shocked. "Is the condition like a curfew or something?"

"No, no. It's something about me. Come on, name your conditions on living here."

Stephanie looked thoughtful, then smiled. "Okay. I'll come home before 11 pm, unless I tell you ahead of time. I'll ask for permission if I'm bringing anyone over. I'll pay you at the rate I used to pay for my dorm. I'll definitely help out with chores, no saying that I'm too kind. And if I break any of the conditions, you can kick me out."

"Sounds fair enough. Mind if I add some as we go along? I still can only think of one."

"Okay. What is it?" She leaned forward on the edge of the bed.

"You remember Ethan?" She nodded, her face losing its eagerness. "I want you to keep quiet about this." I turned around and took off my jacket. She gasped.

I put my jacket on and faced her. "Well?" I said quietly.

She shook her head. "I can't. I have to report this-"

"No Stephanie. He's gone. I made sure of it."

Stephanie hesitated, then gave a relieved smile. "Good for you! Then sure, I'll keep quiet about it."

"Thanks." I came over for a hug. "You are one great friend," I told her.

*End flashback*

"Ready to go?" Stephanie asked when I came out again.

"Yup." I picked up my bag and grinned. "Let's roll!'

-Yesung's POV-

I waited outside of the Fashion and Design building, trying to get over last night. The girl... When I closed my eyes, I could see her within reach, in a slight smirk. That smile... I wish I could hear her laugh one more time, drinking it like hot chocolate in a winter day, savoring the sweet, rich taste. As a crowd of students passed by, I took out my phone to make it look I was busy. How are you in this fine morning? I texted her.

I looked up to see a girl in white take out her phone and smile. That smile...I got a gut feeling it was her. I started to follow her at a respective distance.

My phone beeped and I glanced at it. I'm fine. You?

Good. I caught sight of the most beautiful girl in the world. By now we were inside and I was walking down in a quiet hallway.

Who? I hoped she had answered without jealousy.

Turn around.

She turned and gasped. I smiled. "Miss me?"

She smiled, but didn't loosen her tight grasp on her bag. "So what do you know now?"

I shrugged. "Your face, that you're also a Fashion and Design major-"

"Fashion," she corrected me.

"Fashion then."

"So what do you want?" She shifted her weight on to a leg.

I mentally cringed, absorbing her cold tone. "I just wanted to know your name." I lifted my chin. "It's a little awkward to think of you as 'The Girl'."

She grinned. "'The Girl' is a compliment."

"True. So spill it. What's your name?"

"Angie. And that's all you need to know." Her icy tone had returned, and she turned around to walk into a classroom.

Geez. What was her problem? I stood there, stunned, not knowing what to do. Whatever happened to the girl full of laughter from last night. Sighing, I checked my watch and jumped. I was going to be late for my next class if I kept standing there.

Even as I walked, though, my mind kept wondering to Angie. "Why did the girl of laughter turn into an ice princess?" I muttered.

*

Lalalala...3rd CHAPTER! WHOOH!

Haha I was cheering in Mr. Simple where Yesung "sweeps" the floor with his leg and the camera panned onto him... Who said who was lacking in dancing skills? Maybe compared to Eunhyuk, but come on. Not to mention the timbre of "All right~" ^_^

Not to mention that I passed by some market stalls a few days ago and saw turtles. Immediately thought of Yesung. XD

Om nom nom...XD