Masquerade Arrow

The Illusion of Cinderella

Yesung slipped in the door, sleek in his jacket and jeans. His color scheme of dark colors suited his face well as he looked around slyly. Only his white soled shoes made him noticeable out of the darkness.

"Yesung!" Heechul walked up in a top hat, his hand out. They clasped hands as Yesung studied his friend more. He was wearing a jacket and slacks, a very similar outfit, but his color scheme was complementary colors. His hat was purple, jacket blue with hints of orange.

Yesung smiled. "That outfit suits you well."

"You think so?" Heechul looked down, straightened the sides of his jacket and smiled.

"Yeah. If I ever see an outfit like that, I'll think of you."

"Oh, that's so sweet." He looked around and leaned in closer. "So tell me, why did you come?"

Yesung shrugged. "Well I heard that there was going to be a party, and I had nothing else to do, so I came. Though I guess I forgot about the part it's a costume one." He looked down and laughed. "Well, I guess it's a costume since I don't have many chances to wear such casual clothes."

"I see. Why don't we sit down?" Heechul gestured to a nearby table and they sat down, waiting for more people to come in.

"So how did you do on your finals?" He asked, turning his head from the stream of people coming in the door.

"I did fine." Yesung sipped from a soda can. "The results from the catwalk aren't out, as you would know. There weren't that many questions on the test that I was puzzled about."

"Good. As your hyung, I take you as my responsibility seriously."

Yesung laughed. "Like it's not obvious enough." He looked across the room and froze.

Heechul followed his gaze. "What is it?" After waiting a bit, he asked, "Is it that girl in the mask?"

Yesung kept looking, not giving an answer.

On the other side of the room, Angie walked up to a girl in tight dress, heels, and blazer. "Hey Lauren."

The girl turned around, her eyes widening in surprise. "Angie! So nice to see you. That outfit-"

"Is it okay?" Angie interrupted, smoothing the dress with trembling hands. Thank god I didn't wear heels, she thought.

"It's perfect on you! Wait, turn around." Lauren nodded approval as the skirt rotated. "Yes, it brings out your charms so much. Especially that mask. It brings out the mystery in you."

"Thanks. I should go now."

"Wait, hold a second girl." Lauren grabbed Angie's arm. "My god, why are you trembling like that? Don't tell me you just came here to see me. Do you have another costume party to attend to?"

"No."

"Well then, you clearly came for this one. Come on Angie, please, just be yourself and have fun! Don't be guarded like that!"

Angie sighed. "It's too late for that."

"It's never too late." Lauren crossed her arms. "Inside there's still the old you. You gotta let it shine right now! Seriously, Angie, I swear sometimes you forget who you even are. You just become a zombie."

"Ladies and gentlemen!" The room hushed as everyone turned to the front to see who was speaking. A man with headphones standing the stereos smiled and waved as he spoke into a microphone. "Thank you. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm DJ Chris Style!"

A roar of applause greeted him as he bowed. "Chris Style?" Lauren shrieked. "He's like the best DJ ever!"

"Why don't we thank our host Lee Soo Man for hosting this awesome costume party?" Another roar of applause came about the room as a light shown on to a middle-aged man wearing glasses. He smiled and waved, then gestured back to the DJ podium.

"All right folks, let's get this party started!"

"Hello? Yesung? YESUNG!" Yesung turned his head back. Heechul was shaking his head. "Seriously, I have been trying to get your attention all this time!"

"Sorry."

"Don't apologize. I know you're looking at that girl in the mask. Her style is pretty angelic, but the style of her dress and the pattern definitely throws you off," Heechul observed, then turned back, smirking. "Go ask her for a dance!"

"What? Me? No way."

"Come on, you have been looking at the girl since she entered the room? Besides, who else are you going to dance with?"

"No one."

"Exactly! It's a catch 22 you need to break. Everyone thinks you need experience to date, and you need to date to get experience. Well, you'll never going to get experience if you don't step up." Heechul sighed. "What about that girl over there?"

Yesung shook his head. "She's wearing too daring clothes. It's like saying she doesn't want a shy guy like me."

"Fine, that one over there?"

"She's wearing a sundress. It's like she's too weak to do anything."

"See? You barely give a second glance to anyone else?" Heechul rolled his eyes. "If you're not going to ask her, I will."

"Don't you dare!" Yesung gave a stern look, but his mouth curved upwards. "Okay, I will ask her. But on a slow song."

"Fine with me. Now you'll excuse me, my body is begging to boogie-" Heechlu got up and slipped into the crowd.

Yesung shook his head, sighing with smile. "It's just like Heechul to do that," he muttered to himself as he stood up to join the crowd too. But he couldn't help give one more glance across the room.

Heechul watched, another smirk on his face. "The Masquerade Arrow has met its target, eh?" he said to no one in particular.

*

GAHHH awkward dialogue. Oh well, gotta start a story one way or another. Please comment! Slightly worried I might go insane if I keep talking to a computer screen. xD