By Your Side: Chapter Two

By Your Side

You stood there frozen as Jungkook stands before you. His large eyes and smile melted your heart and you were soon lost for words. Jungkook , still smiling at you h giggles and looks down. “Miss?” he said. Hearing his voice made your heart melt even more. Face it! It may be love at first sight for you!.

“S-Sorry about that!” you said finally coming back to earth.

“It’s not a problem! May I enter?” asked Jungkook.

“Absolutely!” You moved out of the way and let Jungkook enter your home. Jungkook took his shoes off by the door and stepped onto your hard wood floors then looked around your place. “It’s not much but it’s pretty cozy” you said.

“I can feel it. Do you live by yourself?” Jungkook asked.

“Uhm.. yeah haha. My parents sent me here so I can become successful. It’s hard but I’m sure it’ll pay off.”

“You’re right. Well at least you’re a bit more fortunate than others.”

“Haha I suppose. So why are you here?”

“Somewhat of the same reason but I moved out here on my own. Before I came here my parents and I had a fight.”

“May I ask why?”

“It’s because they wanted me to do things that they wanted. I wanted to just do what I want and become successful that way.”

“What do you want to do?”

“They want me to become a doctor but I told them I wanted to create my own company and become a businessman. Before I left they told me I won’t go far but oh well I don’t mind what they say.” Jungkook turns to you and smiled, as if he isn’t worried at all. “But how about you. What do you want to do?” Jungkook asked.

“Uh… I’m not sure. I haven’t really thought about it. But I’m happy my parents sent me ehre because they knew that when I graduate from Bangtan University I can be whatever I’d like to be…”

“I see. See you are a bit more fortunate than others. Sometimes I wish my parents gave me choices but they always nag me, telling me to become a doctor all the time and it gets annoying haha.” Jungkook then starts to walk over by your bed where your pictures resided and sat on your bed. “Is this your family?” he asked. You nodded and smiled. You then sat beside him and looked at the picture with him. “Your family looks like loving people” he said.

“They really are. I’m grateful for them. I’m kinda happy that they sent me here but still a bit sad that I had to leave them.”

“Don’t be too upset. You have a neighbor now! Are you a little happy?”

“Haha I am.”

“Oh… I haven’t even asked your name. My greatest apologies. What’s your name?”

“I’m ___...”

“Wow… that’s so pretty” Jungkook said and started to heat up. You noticed as he tried to keep his smile unnoticeable but your giggle got him to realize that it wasn’t working. Instead he giggled with you and walked off to look around again. “Do you go to school? Do you by chance know where Bangtan University is at? I’ll be going to school there tomorrow” Jungkook asked while looking at your other pictures.

“Oh haha yeah it’s just around the corner!” you replied.

“May we walk together to school tomorrow then? My car won’t be coming until later so I’m sorry I can’t drive you.”

“It’s not a problem really! Of course we can walk together ^^”

“That’s fantastic. Say, have you eaten dinner yet? what will you be doing tonight?”

“Oh I just came home from work and I didn’t have dinner yet. and I was just thinking of studying tonight for the sake of having a good grade ^^”

“Oh you haven’t eaten yet? May I help you tonight?” When Jungkook asked that he leaned in closely where your noses where only an inch apart from each other. His large eyes were captivating. The deep brown color in his eyes were so warm that your heart was melting even more.

“S-Sure… I-I guess you can..”

“That’s great! While we’re neighbors I wanna show you how neighborly I can be haha. You go ahead and start studying. I’ll go ahead and cook us some dinner if you don’t mind me being in your kitchen ^^”

“That’s totally fine! Thanks again Jungkook…”

“With you, can you by chance call me Kookie?”

“Huh? Wh-why?”

“I’ve always wanted to be called that but never knew who I thought could call me that. Is that ok with you?”

“Haha sure thing!.... Kookie.” When you called him Kookie, he blushed and was heated up. He took off his jacket and placed it over a chair and starts to fan himself.

“Kookie are you alright?” Jungkook looked over at you and smiled while he was still blushing.

“Yes I am ___ ^^. Please start studying I’ll help you soon!” you nodded and watched Jungkook roam around your kitchen and rummage through your cupboards to find the necessary equipment as well as ingredients to make the food. You went back to your desk and took out your books and notes and started studying off of them. you first studied calculus, the subject you had the most difficulty with. Soon then a plate was placed beside you. You looked at the delicious food and you were surprised it wasn’t ramyun.

“That looks delicious. I didn’t know you could cook!” you said and looked up at Jungkook who was standing with a smile.

“Well yeah haha. I hope you enjoy this!” Jungkook replied. He then grabbed a chair and ssat beside you while chopsticks in his hands. “You… this is the first time I’ve ever cooked for a girl!” started Jungkook.

“Really Kookie? How many girlfriends have you had in the past?”

“None haha. With my parents, goodness especially my mother, she wants me to date someone of high class and has a good family background. She said if I can’t find one like that she’s giving me marriage meetings with random girls iv’e never met before.”

“Gosh that’s horrible..”

“It is…” Jungkook looks over at what you were studying and smiled. “Calculus huh? I see you’re studying antiderivatives with definite integral with u-substitution!”

“You know this?”

“I took this class and it was easy! Here lemme help!” Jungkook stopped eating placed one of his arms around you as it restes on the head of the chair. With the other, he takes your pencils and starts to tutor you. The way he described it, was so much easier. The way he listed the points made things a lot clearer. But then, how could you study when Jungkook’s soft voice made your heart beat faster and your tummy be filled with more butterflies.