Becoming friends part 2

Sweet Avengeance

Saturday Morning

Nichkhun parked his car at Children Hospital Center. Its a place where kids with uncurable diseases are treated. Nichkhun felt sad just at thinking that those poor little kids will die soon before even getting the chance to live the world. Since his brother already took care of all the paper work, he don't have to do anything other than getting the visitor's pass.

" good morning" nichkhun said warmly to the secretary.

" good morning young man, is there something I can help you with" the secretary said

"Yes, my name is Lee Nichkhun. I'm the new the new volunteer"

" oh yes we were waiting for you...In behalf of the hospital I thank you in advance for deciding to help us out with kids."  the secretary said.

" your welcome..I have always like to help the community." nichkhun said.

" what are you doing here?!" victoria said sternly.

" oh you two know each other?...that is wonderful maybe victoria can show  you around" the secretary said.

" show him around around? what do you mean Mrs.Kazuma?

" he is the new volunteer, dear, he will help you with the kids today" The secretary said," I'm going to be busy with the paperwork so will you showed him around please"

Victoria just sigh " sure, mrs.Kazuma" then she turn to nichkhun and give him a fake smile " please follow me, nichkhun-ssi"

-------------------------------------

Once victoria was sure they were alone, she stop in the middle of the hallways.

" now tell me what the heck are you doing here!" Victoria said sternly.

" I came to volunteer what else!" nichkhun responded calmly

" You volunteer please?! Its obvious some as rich and stuck up as you doesn't know what helping other without wanting anything in return means?!"

Rule number one: don't fight with victoria-ssi. Whatever you do, just take her side.It will save you from her wrath as well as it will help you get closer to her. His brother's advice kept replying in his mind.  he inwardly sigh and do what taecyeon told him.

" look, I am not planning on fighting with you right now.Believe what you wish of me, I just want to help those kids today" nichkun said. 

" I-I " Victoria was surprise that he didn't fought her back. What's wrong with him??

"we better go victoria-ssi, the kids must be waiting for us" Nichkhun said smiling.

" yeah your right" victoria said ackwardly.

-------------------------------------

" Unnie!!" a little girl with a black hat in her head said. She look like she was around 6 years old. It was obvious that she had cancer at her final stage, her face was pale and she was sorrounded by tons of machines beside her bed.

" Mary!!" victoria said running towards the little girl. " how is my favorite little girl?"

" I'm fine unnie, I'm getting stronger!" Mary said sheepishly. Then she glanced at the handsome boy that was next to victoria. " Omo, unnie you never told me that you were coming with your boyfriend! I could have worn some prettier clothes"

"Mary will look pretty no matter what clothes you wear" nichkhun said smoothly making the little girl blushed.

"YAH! Mary, he is not my boyfriend!" victoria said.

" Aigoo unnie stop denying it, I bet he is the guy that you have been talking to me...." mary couldn't finish her sentence because victoria cover . " Shh mary, remember you promise me you won't tell anybody my secrets"

The little girl just giggle once victoria took her hand away and nodded. " Unnie, so that means he is not the one?" She whisper in victoria's ears. Victoria just nodded and say " no he is not the one"

"oooh...so who is he?" Mary asked.

" he is the new volunteer, he will be helping me with you and the others for today"

" nice to meet you my name is nichkhun" nichkhun said with a sweet smile as he approach Mary's bed.

" nichkhun-ssi do you have a girlfriend?"Mary asked curiously.

" nope, I'm still waiting for my true love to appear" nichkhun said glancing at victoria.

"ooh, so that means I still have a chance!" Mary said sheepishly.

" what do you mean?" victoria asked

" well since he is not your boyfriend then that means nichkhun can be my boyfriend" Mary said grinning.

" haha, I will love to be your boyfriend" nichkhun said with a soft chuckle.

" yay!! I finally have my first boyfriend and he is a cute one too!!" mary said happily. Nichkhun just laugh at how adorable this little girl is, while victoria just pout. 

" you deserve a better boyfriend than this jerk" victoria murmored to herself but it was loud enough for nichkhun to hear.

" what did you say victoria?" nichkhun said sternly

" nothing, I was just saying we should hurry so we can get the other kids" victoria said. Nichkhun heard perfetly well what victoria said but he decided to let it go since the kids are waiting and mary is there.

 Controling my temper with this witch around will sure be hard work nichkhun thought.

------------------------------

They were able to pick up all the kids, that victoria was charge with and get them outside the play ground. Victoria brought some bags from her car. Those bags contained presents and even some candy for all the kids,in the hospital even for the ones that victoria was not charged to take care of. She make nichkhun carry the bags of homade food that she prepare for the kids to eat. The kids were so happy once they saw all the toys that victoria brought for them. Nichkhun went to get some plates, when a kid aproach him.

" Hyung, mary says that you're her boyfriend is that true" a little boy that was in a wheel chair asked.

"haha I guess I am" nichkhun said in a chuckle. Ever since he told mary that he will be her boyfriend, she has been telling all her friends about it.

" well then I guess you are my rival now" the little kid  not older than 8 said

" why am I your rival Jin?" nichkhun asked frowning.

" because I love Mary, and I'm going to marry her when I get cured" Jin stated. " My heart transplant will be very soon and if I live I promised myself that I will get stronger to find a cure for mary's sickness and then marry her"

Nichkhun couldnt help but to admire this kid's determintation. Even though the chances of him living were very small, he doesn't let that fact stop him from smiling at the world. " do you want me to broke up with mary-ssi then?"

" NO! I dont want that, I wont be a man if I beg you to break up with her for me. I want to win her heart fair and square. Besides I don't plan on proposing to her in my state. I'm still in a wheel chair, I still have to get a surgery for that too" Jin said. " I just want to warn you that I will take her away from you once I get all better"

" ooh ok" nichkhun said smiling. " its ok, don't worry me and mary are just going out for one day"

"really? so that means that tomorrow she will be for me" Jin asked hopefully.

" yeah..now lets go before victoria-ssi gets mad at us" Nichkhun said. WHen he got back he saw victoria laughin along with the kids. She looks so different unlike the person he always sees. She's smiling, and having fun with the kids. She will make a good mother. nichkhun thought.

Today he saw a different side of victoria. A side that shows her care for others, he can't help but to smile at the girl in front of him. The type of girl He will surely wont mind marrying. How different it will be if nichkhun was approaching victoria because he likes her and not because he wants revenge. No! he thought. He cant sympathize with her. He has to hate her! Nichkhun can't like victoria or else he might end up getting hurt in the end.......................