Chapter 2

Love Her and Keep Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s Note: If I’m going to write about the past between Sarang and Hanbin, it will be italicized so you guys don’t get confused.

“Hanbin, wake up now!”

The high pitch call suddenly awakens Hanbin from his desirable slumber. He groans and as a way to block out the noise, he flips over only to send himself off the bed. Contacting the hardwood floor, Hanbin was met with a dull pain spreading along the side of his head. Clutching his injury, Hanbin rocked back and forth to ease the throbbing.

“Hanbin, how many times do I have to call you?”

“When did your voice get so girly, Jiwon?” Hanbin continued rubbing his injury with his eyes still shut. In fact, when did Jiwon start sounding like his mother?

“Jiwon? Jiwon is probably at school, unlike you. So get up or you’re going to be late.”

Hanbin blinked in surprise. “School?” He straigntened up in a start and the unexpected scene before him pulled him to his feet. “Mom?” He looked over at the familair woman standing at the doorway while she stared back at him. 

“Who else were you expecting to wake you up?” She questioned tiredly.

Jiwon. He thought Jiwon was going to wake him.

What the hell?

What was he doing in his old room? He looked down at his twin sized bed that he had used religiously while growing up. Spinning around, he found his reflection in the mirror behind him. The sight was slighly troubling.

Not believing his own eyes, Hanbin reached his hand up and touched his face. “This isn’t real.” He looked…young…er.

This can't be real.

“You’re unreal. How old are you already to still have your mother wake you up for school?”

“This is a dream.” He mumbled to himself. There was no possible way this was happening. He needed to wake up.

His mother paid no attention to him or his crazy ramblings. “Please just start getting ready.”

This can’t be happening. It was just yesterday that his divorce proceedings were taking place, drinking at the bar legally, and wishing he…could go back to change everything…

...No, it couldn't be.

“Mom!”

His sudden yell startled her, causing her to jump in surprise.

Hanbin couldn't contain the sudden happiness that surged through his body and laughed to himself whilst patting his body to make sure he wasn't imagining this. This was crazy - he's back, just like he wished for. Taking extreme measures to further confirm the reality of the situation, he pinched himself. He only laughed louder feeling the piercing pain that followed the random action.

“Alright…I’m going to leave you…to yourself.”

“Wait! What day is it today, mom?”

“Today is your first day of your third year in high school - well it will be if you make it on time for it.”

How is this even possible? But wait a minute, it was today that he is to meet Sarang for the first time. God gave him a second chance and there was no possible way he was going to allow mistakes this time.

“I’ll get ready now.” He smiled and rushed around the room. He had to look his best if he needed to make Sarang fall in love with him….well not really, she’ll be falling in love with him for the second time but you know where he was going with this.

***

There was one thing Hanbin could live without.

He did not miss the uniforms.

He tugged at his tight collar before ing the top button to lessen the stuffiness. He breathed out, that’s slightly better. He looked up and followed the rest of the students. It was nostalgic to walk down the same path to the same school.

But something was going to change this time.

“Yo.”

Hanbin looked up to see Jiwon making his way over toward him. The man he knew was now a boy again. Just like him.

“Hey, Jiwon.”

The greeting was suddenly met with a punch in his arm and Hanbin glared at the boy whom sent it his way. “I told you to call me 'Bobby', what is wrong with you?”

Right…Jiwon went through this phase in high school where he wanted to strangely be called this English name. 

“Shut up and let’s go.” Hanbin pulled his friend into the school building. He ignored Jiwon’s or should he say, Bobby’s rambling and searched the hallways. While keeping busy with his own important task, he didn’t notice Bobby tugging on his blazer for his attention.

“Hey, are you listening to me?”

Hanbin turned his head and shot the boy a look. God, so Bobby’s annoying and talkative nature had started back in high school. “Bobby, I’ll see you in a bit.” He left the boy behind and went back to what he doing - where was her locker again? It had been so long and the memory wasn't returning as quickly as he wanted it to. With no idea coming to mind, Hanbin continued walking down the hallway until he saw her familiar back profile. He felt time stop at that moment. All at once, he felt all his love for her rush forth.

This was it and he wanted to start right away.

He took one step forward and froze….there was one problem.

What was he going to say? He racked his brains for an idea. He was never good at approaching people and especially not good at speaking. At the thoughts, Hanbin found himself getting irritated. He had promised himself to do better this time but was he just going to rush in without any proper plan?

That's exactly what he's going to do.

Composing himself and without thinking it through carefully, he manages to make his way over and quickly gets her to notice his presence. He watched as she looked up to see him. Let's hope for the best.

“...Hey.” He felt himself stiffen the moment their eyes met. Why was it so hard? Unexpectedly, he shifts his eyes elsewhere to avoid her gaze. He couldn’t seem to be able to look directly at her. This was alre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter