Chapter 22

Love Her and Keep Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin stood by the gate of Sarang’s home. He came a little early, thinking she might have left earlier to avoid him.

As he waited, Hanbin took notice that every time he breathed out, he easily saw the white breath in front of him. It was getting colder, winter was coming, and he definitely was running out of time.

He would have to return to the present soon – to a time where Sarang isn’t speaking or smiling like this.

He looks up when he hears the door open.

“You’re here early.” Sarang comments as she meets up with him outside the gate.

“Didn’t want you running away from me.” He smiles at her teasingly.

“I think you would still somehow catch up to me.” Sarang retorts sassily but it only made Hanbin chuckle. He reached out and smoothed her hair out of her face. To Sarang's surprise, she didn’t even make any move that it bothered her.

“I’m glad you already know.” He sighs. “Let’s get going.” He nods his head for her to follow after him. Sarang stared at Hanbin’s back for a moment before catching up to him.

The two walked beside each other and to Sarang, it wasn’t uncomfortable nor was it bothersome. She couldn’t help but laugh at Hanbin’s naturally funny and charming self and before she knew it, this became a normal thing.

For the rest of the week, Sarang didn’t mind opening her front door to find Hanbin in front of her home. She didn’t mind walking with him to school. And she didn’t mind walking home with him either.

In fact, she enjoyed it.

“You don’t believe me when I say I’ve gotten better?” Hanbin narrowed his eyes at her as they walked through the school’s gates.

She shrugged playfully. “I mean, I did tutor you once.”

“And I think that was the problem.” Hanbin pointed out causing Sarang to gape at him.

“What? You’re saying it was my tutoring that was the problem?” Sarang exclaimed as they walked into the school building and down the hallway.

Hanbin chuckled. “I’ve gotten ten times better after you stopped tutoring me.” It wasn’t the truth but Hanbin liked getting her all riled up, because he finally got a glimpse of what he had in the present time before the whole divorce.

Sarang laughed. “You’re unbelievable.” She shook her head and headed towards her locker. “I’ll see you in class, math whiz.” She sarcastically says and waves.

Sarang makes her way down the hallway, not noticing the bright mood she was in. It was only when she saw Mino by her locker did she notice herself feel anything but happy. She ignores him as she opens her locker to get some of her books out.

“Should I congratulate the new couple?” Mino leans against her locker and gives her a side glance.

“Who’s dating?” Sarang asked without looking at him.

Mino chuckles and pushes himself off the locker to close the distance between them. This causes Sarang to stop what she was doing to look at him. “Why do I feel like no one listens to my warnings?”

“Mino, would you please just stop it?” Sarang was starting to get tired. She was getting tired with Mino butting into her life. Sarang flinches as Mino hits the locker beside her loudly, causing the people around the vicinity to gasp in surprise of the noise.

“You must be happy – having Hanbin with you all week. You must not even have time to miss me.” Mino smirked and leaned his face closer to hers.

Sarang clenched her hands at her side. “Yes, Mino, I didn’t miss you.” And that was the truth. His face never once drifted into her mind, she didn’t find herself wishing to see Mino or anything like that. “And it’s not because of Hanbin.” She calmly tells him. “It’s because I no longer have feelings for you.”

Mino’s jaw clenches. “Did you not once love me?”

Sarang looked around, forgetting that they were having such a conversation in the presence of so many of her classmates. “Can we talk about this later?” She says softly under her breath.

“No, say it now.” Mino growled.

Sarang takes a deep breath. Fine, if he wanted it straight then she’ll give it to him. “No, Mino, I’ve never loved you. I had feelings for you but it never reached anything higher than that.” She didn’t want to hurt him like that but Sarang wasn’t one to lie about important things like this. It only complicates things further. “I’m sorry, Mino.” She pushes pass him and heads into the homeroom.

Her eyes catch Hanbin looking at her from his seat. He sent her a genuine smile that caused one to tug at her own lips. It was automatic, it wasn’t forced or faked – it just happened.

***

“How has it been going?” Jinhwan asks as the students get up to go to lunch.

Hanbin sighs. He literally had to start over with building his relationship with Sarang again. Was it always this hard to get close to her? He didn’t remember but with this whole experience, he only now realiz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter