Chapter 15

Love Her and Keep Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After helping Jayoung find her friends, Hanbin walked home alone after receiving a text from Bobby saying that he already took Jinhwan back to Hanbin’s place.

Hanbin slipped his phone back into his pocket and smiled to himself as he walked. He felt the immense progress between Sarang and him. But, his smile wavered as he remembered what she said when she spoke about Mino. It had sounded so familiar, but why wasn’t anything coming to his mind?

Then the memories of what Jinhwan told him in the woods ran through his head.

Did this have to do with why Sarang divorced him?

Hanbin had been so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t realize he had gotten home. He quietly opened the door and headed up to his room. He stepped inside and was greeted with snores. The boys had agreed to stay over Hanbin’s place after, since his mom didn’t check up on them often. But, it was only Bobby that was passed out.

“Jinhwan, you’re still up?” Hanbin looked down at Bobby who had fixed the spot on the floor to meet his sleeping needs. Then, he looked back up as Jinhwan turned around with a flushed face. Well, if he wasn’t drunk then Hanbin didn’t know what he was.

Jinhwan unsteadily points at Hanbin. “I’m worried about chu.” His eyes were cloudy by the amount of alcohol Bobby must have forced him to consume. Bobby must have really wanted to corrupt the poor little guy.

Hanbin chuckled and changed into more comfortable clothing. “Yes, I know, Jinhwan.”

“No.” Jinhwan shook his finger at Hanbin. “Chu don’t undersh-and.”

Hanbin took a seat on the bed while Jinhwan stayed seated on the window sill. “Then, why don’t you tell me?” Hanbin humorously played along with Jinhwan. The little shorty was providing some valuable entertainment.

“Chu are – “ hiccup. “ – going back soon.”

“Huh?” That definitely caught Hanbin’s attention. “What do you mean by ‘going back soon’?” Was he heading back to the present? Jinhwan never told him about that before. In fact, Hanbin never thought about that.

“Chu need to know why Sh-arang divorc-sh chu so chu can win her back.”

“I’m trying to win her back now.” Hanbin says exasperatedly. Alright, Jinhwan was just drunk.

“No!” Jinhwan placed his finger up again. “I mean – “ He takes a deep breath. “It…doesn’t matter if chu win her back now.”

Hanbin stared at Jinhwan blankly. “What the hell are you talking about?” Before he could get anymore answers, Jinhwan closed his eyes and leaned forward. Just as he was about to hit the ground, Hanbin caught him before a disaster could happen. He laid Jinhwan down on the floor beside Bobby and stared down at him.

There was definitely something that Jinhwan wasn’t telling him and it was making him slightly agitated. To be honest, he was scared. Sarang was on the line and he didn’t want to risk losing her for the second time.

***

The entire school day, Hanbin found himself staring at the back of Jinhwan’s head. There were lots of questions he wanted to ask and he needed the answers. After waking up, Jinhwan was already gone from the room and Hanbin hadn’t seen him since. So when the bell for dismissal rang, Hanbin immediately reaches out to grasp Jinhwan’s shirt.

Jinhwan turns around and looks at the boy in confusion. “Hanbin, what is it?”

“You’re hiding something from me.”

Jinhwan shakes his head. “No, I’m not.” Jinhwan tried to keep an innocent face but that statement shocked him. How did Hanbin know? Did he say something to Hanbin unknowingly?

“Yes, you are. Let’s go, we have a lot to talk about.” Hanbin dragged Jinhwan out of the classroom by his collar.

Bobby stared after them blankly, he was too lazy to be concerned about it. There was no way Hanbin would actually hurt little Jinhwan, right? 

“Hanbin.”

Hanbin stopped in the hallway after hearing his name. He turned around to find his seatmate heading towards him and he turned back to Jinhwan. “You better be in my room when I get home.” Jinhwan nodded and Hanbin freed him. Jinhwan had gotten away before the girl caught up to Hanbin.

“I- “ she wrung her hands nervously. “ – I wanted to say sorry for the party incident.” She felt her cheeks get hot. “I didn’t mean to say those things and bother you.”

“It’s fine. I’m not holding it against you.”

Jayoung breathed a sigh of relief.

“But, I’m sorry I can’t return your feelings.” Hanbin wanted to make it clear. It would only hurt her more if he let it drag on.

It hurt her. She was rejected before even confessing her feelings. But, she already knew that in the back of her mind, Hanbin wasn’t ever going to feel the same way. She nodded her head and genuinely t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter