Chapter 3

Love Her and Keep Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin smiled to himself. The planned actually worked.

He glanced over at Bobby and the boy gave him a questioning look. Hanbin knew he would have to explain later and that would be the least of his problems at the moment. Right now, he needed to decide on how he was going to introduce himself.

He already ruined his first impression. He had to make it up somehow.

“Hi, I’m Sarang.” Sarang introduced herself. She was surprised to find this boy sitting next to her out of all the people in class. What were the chances of that? He definitely was handsome and by the way all the other girls were stealing glances at him, she wasn’t the only one who thought so. Mino had told her to stay away from him, but she didn’t understand why. The boy didn't seem like trouble. Not like how Mino made him out to be.

Well, she beat him to it, Hanbin thought. He smiled in response. After all, Sarang had told him many times before that she loved his smiles. “Nice to meet you, I’m Hanbin.” He saw her smile back and it didn’t hit him until now how much he missed seeing hers. Over the years they were married, he had noticed how her smiles and laughter became less frequent and being a fool, he disregarded it. Thinking nothing of it.

They both turned and faced the teacher when class started but unbeknownst to Sarang, Hanbin wasn’t looking at the teacher and instead he stared at her.

How long has it been since he looked at her correctly. In present time, they were both busy and would often times miss each other. One would leave earlier than the other in the morning and one would have already fallen asleep by the time the other got home. But now, thanks to this insane chance, Hanbin was able to see things he missed. Like how her brows would furrow when she couldn’t understand what the teacher was saying or how her face lit up when she got the answer right. All of it, the reasons why he fell in love with her in the first place, he was able to slowly remember them bit by bit.

“Do you mind helping me with this problem?” He had to find more reasons to talk to her and knowing how kind Sarang is, he doubted she would reject him.

“Sure, what don’t you understand?”

“This problem.” He pointed at a random question listed on his paper. Her eyes were focused on solving it while Hanbin could't hsve cared less. He only wanted to look at her.

She went on explaining it to him and he focused on her voice. Hearing it again, without it sounding cold and distant was indescribable. He tuned everything out and listened to only her tone of voice. “Do you understand?

“Huh?” Suddenly, all the sounds in the world got louder.

Laughter left Sarang's lips. “You didn’t hear anything I said, right?” No wonder he didn’t understand, he always zone out, she thought to herself.

He smiled when he heard her laugh. She doesn’t even know what she was doing to him and it was driving him crazy. This wash of nostalgia came over him and he wanted to hear it again.

“Sorry, I’m not fully awake yet.” He answered sheepishly. “Can you help me one more time, I promise to listen this time.” But to his dismay, the bell rang signaling for lunch.

Sarang looked over and saw everyone getting out of their seats and Mino was already by the door, waiting for her. “How about I help you once we get back?” She offered and smiled when he nodded in agreement. “Okay, I’ll see you later.”

Hanbin watched as she got up and walked over to the door. His happy mood was suddenly dampened upon the sight of Mino standing beside the doorway. She was supposed to be smiling at him and laughing with him, but Mino was the one receiving all of it.

The sad thing was - Mino didn't deserve any of that.

The sound of Bobby making his way closer to Hanbin's desk pulls him from his thoughts.

“Yo, how did you know that?” How the hell did Hanbin know that his number was going to send him sitting beside that girl?

“I just had a feeling.” Hanbin answered and even if Bobby didn’t buy it, he didn’t bother digging more about it. “Let’s head to lunch, I already know where we’re going to be sitting.”

Bobby turns and follows him out the door. He wouldn’t have guessed that the seats Hanbin were talking about were seats right across from that girl and her welcoming boyfriend.

“Why the hell are you here?” Mino naturally asked the two boys.

Hanbin didn’t bother to put down his spoon to answer and continued eating. Bobby who was feeling uncomfortable about the whole thing couldn’t casually eat like his best friend and stiffly sat there. Sarang was taken aback by the current situation. She would never have thought that this boy would purposefully find the table she and Mino were sitting at and join. She looked between Mino and Hanbin. Her boyfriend clearly unhappy and Hanbin clearly nonchalant.

“Hey, I asked you a question.” Mino repeated, he was going to get an answer. The boy was already talking to his girlfriend and here he is, sitting at the same table. It didn’t take him long to realize that Hanbin was interested in what was his.

“I’m here to eat lunch.” Hanbin looked up and finished chewing his food. Mino’s bad attitude didn’t intimidate him.

Sarang looked at Hanbin in surprised. She already knows this is something Mino would not let go. Mino had always been possessive with her and he probably thought Hanbin was tryi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter