Chapter 6

Love Her and Keep Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the whole second confrontation with Mino, Hanbin was left smug the entire day. He was finally given a chance to get close to Sarang and his heart thumped just thinking about meeting up with her after school.

Bobby took the empty seat beside Jinhwan to stare at the oblivious Hanbin. The boy had been lost in his thoughts ever since they got to class this morning and now, when the bell is about to ring for dismissal, he was still mentally anywhere else but here.

“Jinhwan, don’t ever fall in love.” Bobby states out of nowhere.

“Why?” The boy asked innocently.

“Because you’ll turn into that.” He motions at Hanbin, who even now, still hasn’t responded.

Jinhwan chuckles, “He’s seems pretty happy by himself.”

“Yeah and it’s weirding me out.” Bobby continued to stare to see if Hanbin was going to make any movements but to no avail. On cue, the bell rings and the fidgeting girl next to Hanbin soon steals the attention of the two focused boys.

“Good bye, Hanbin.” Just simply talking to him was making shy Ja Young’s heart beat furiously but her friends had urged her to be more proactive in getting to know him. Hanbin only gives her nod as she picks her bag up and leaves from her desk. Jinhwan stared after the girl who met up with her scheming friends. Poor girl. If only she knew that Hanbin had only eyes for one person. It would definitely save from the inevitable disappointment. 

“Okay, I’m going.” Hanbin jumps up from his seat.

“Why don’t you ever look that excited around us?” Bobby gaped at his friend. Hanbin was certainly strange. Bobby had never known that the emotionless boy could show so many expressions. And it was only when one girl was involved. 

Hanbin leaned forward and playfully whispered. “Are your names 'Sarang'?” He shook his head to answer his own question and walked away. “I’ll see you later.” He waved and quickly left the classroom leaving the boys behind

“Un…believeable.” Bobby scoffed. “See that?” He pointed at the doorway through which Hanbin left through and looked at Jinhwan. “Love is evil.” That love was making Hanbin crazy and it wasn’t the good kind.

On the other hand, Hanbin was making his way over to Sarang’s locker and once arriving, he leaned beside it. “Where should we go?”

Sarang looked up to see Hanbin and she was taken back to see someone so excited. That was usually the last thing anyone would feel about tutoring. “The library.” She gave him a small smile.

***

Hanbin felt a swift kick underneath the table and looked straight at the culprit. “Mino, it would be nice if you didn’t play footsie with me.” He said blankly and went back to his task.

“What? Am I bothering you from staring?” Mino said through gritted teeth and Sarang looked up to glare at her boyfriend. Well, it was true. Sarang was trying her best to explain problems to Hanbin but he didn’t even bother learning. His eyes were on her the entire time and he only nodded for show, pretending he was focused on the actual task. 

“Why are you here anyway?” Hanbin stared at the boy in front of him. Hanbin had thought it was only going to be him and Sarang, he didn’t know there would be a third wheel and like any third wheel, Mino keeps interrupting the two.

“You know why I’m here.”

“Can you two please stop?” Sarang looked between Mino and Hanbin. She figured it was going to be like this and she should have said no to Mino but he had insisted on coming along. Mino looked to the side and pulled out his buzzing phone. After reading the message, his expression changed.

“I need to go.” He leaned over to give Sarang a kiss when Hanbin reacted by kicking Mino’s chair back, preventing him from actually successfully carrying it out. Mino snapped his head towards Hanbin and clenched his jaw.

Hanbin shrugged. “Sorry, my foot slipped.” He couldn’t even fake an apologetic smile but it wasn't like he tried. That wasn’t ever going to happen in front of him.  

“I’ll call you later.” Sarang broke the tense atmosphere and ushered Mino to go. And he did so, rather in a hurry. Now the two were only left and Hanbin could finally stare at Sarang in peace. “Hanbin, can you let me see your test?”

Hanbin stiffened at the mention and the small smile that was playing on his lips disappeared. The number ‘67’ flashed in his mind and he didn’t want her to see it. Sarang would think he’s an idiot. “Do we have to?”

Sarang looked up, oblivious to Hanbin's thoughts. “Yeah, we should go over what you got wrong.” She noticed the unsure look on his face but waited for him to take it out. Hanbin reached in his book bag and hesitantly pulled it out. The red marked number was mocking him as he did so. He handed it over as she took it from his hand and when she saw the number, she stifled her surprise.

Hanbin cleared his throat and squeezed out - “I need a lot of help.”

She smiled at his embarrassment. “This is because you don’t pay attention.” She jokingly scolded him. She had noticed it the first time when they were sitting beside each other in class. He was always lost in his thoughts.

Hanbin couldn’t help but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter