Chapter 26

Love Her and Keep Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sarang’s fingers continued to drum her desk as thoughts swirled in her mind. She received confirmation this morning that Hanbin really did destroy the divorce agreement and now she was left with no idea what to do next.

Sarang refuses to believe that in a span of two days, Hanbin could drastically change like that because change simply doesn’t happen in that manner. And there was one thing Sarang was sure about. She had made a decision and she planned to stick to it. But, there was something that Sarang was trying so hard to suppress.

Hope.

She couldn’t help but hope that maybe Hanbin really did change but it was just so impossible to convince her he did. Sarang loves Hanbin terribly but she also knew she couldn’t keep doing this to herself. Sarang had thought deeply before asking for the divorce and she simply concluded that it was better for the both of them.

Sarang leaned back into her chair and sighed. It would have been much easier on her if Hanbin didn’t pull this stunt. Confusing her with his sweet words and false actions, which he probably doesn’t mean.

***

“Man, don’t you have work today?” Jiwon stared at his friend. “Even if you’re playing hooky, don’t drag me down with you.” Hanbin had called him out and refused to be considerate of the fact that Jiwon had a job he needed to be responsible for.

“I know you’re on break.” Hanbin returned him a look. “Look, stop complaining, I even got you lunch.” Hanbin slid over the plate of food.

The two men sat across from each other at the café table and Jiwon sighs before pulling the plate towards him. No sense in turning down free food. “What is it?”

“Find out where Sarang is staying.” Hanbin says without even bothering to ask nicely. He decided to skip that part.

Jiwon looked up from his food. “I can’t do that.”

“Why not?” Hanbin exclaims unhappily. “This is your chance to become a good friend to me.”

“I am a good friend to you. Hanbin, I just can’t use the station’s databases to find you that information.” He could get in huge trouble with the chief if he found out.

“Jiwon, your best friend’s happiness is on the line.”

“You know guilt doesn’t work on me.” Jiwon continues to munch on his food.

Hanbin smacked his lips together. That’s right, guilt only worked on Jinhwan. Boy, did he wish Jinhwan was here right now. He probably would be able to convince Jiwon into doing it. What would Jinhwan do?

“Jiwon.” Hanbin called out. “Please help me with this. I really need to win Sarang back.” Hanbin truthfully stated and Jiwon looks up in confusion.

“Seriously, what happened?” Hanbin never once could ever admit something like that and suddenly he was confessing everything. For Hanbin, it was like sharing his deepest and darkest secrets. “I couldn’t even get you to admit you missed Sarang the other day and suddenly you’re being like this?” Jiwon scrunched his face.

Hanbin only shrugs. “Just shows how desperate I am.”

Jiwon sighs and picks at his sandwich. “Just this once.” He places his napkin on the table and gets up from his seat. “I have to get back to work but I’ll message you soon.” Jiwon leaves with his food, packaged for him.

Hanbin smiled after his friend. If only it was that easy to convince Sarang to come back to him.

***

The long day finally ended and Sarang was relieved to finally leave work. As she left the building, the cool night’s air greeted her. But, she was too tired to enjoy it. She rushed towards her car and headed home.

But, she didn’t know what she was expecting as she pulled into the home’s driveway. She noticed another car parked on the side and got out to take a closer look. The person that got out caused her to freeze in her steps. “What are you doing here?” She had made sure to tell no one where she was staying.

“I should have known that you went back to your mom’s.” Hanbin simply states as he walked over to her. He looked up at the home. The house has grown old but he couldn’t forget the memories it he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter