Chapter 7

Love Her and Keep Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the weekend to Hanbin’s dismay. The weekends meant going two days without seeing Sarang. Yesterday, Hanbin couldn’t make any progress in their relationship and ended up studying silently beside her… it was like punishment. He didn’t know what the punishment was for. It was either for that ‘67’ on his exam or lying to her about where he lived. His lips involuntarily curved into a smile when he remembered she let him walk her home again anyway.

He fell back onto his bed and closed his eyes. When he opened them again, he violently jumped in surprised seeing Jinhwan’s face instead of the ceiling. “What the hell?!” He scrambled backwards causing his back hit the headboard. “Why do you have to jump out like that?”

“I have a bad habit of doing that.” Jinhwan straightened up from where he ssat on the bed. “What are you doing?”

“What is there to do?” Hanbin sighed disdainfully but sat up in a start when something dawned on him. “Can’t you tell me where Sarang is right now? Being an angel means cool powers, doesn’t it?”

Jinhwan looked at Hanbin shockingly. “I can’t tell you something like that.”

“Why not?”

“That’s misusing my powers.” Jinhwan defended.  

“Come on.” Hanbin drawled. “This isn’t moving fast enough for me. Help me out.”

Jinhwan was torn. He did want to help Hanbin but if the big guy knew, he probably wouldn’t be too happy about it. Coming to a decision, Jinhwan sighed. “She’s at the library right now.” Darn his niceness.

“Library?” Getting answers out of innocent Jinhwan was surprisingly a breeze. “The one by here?”

Jinhwan nodded. “But, this is the last time I’m going to help you out.” This was Hanbin’s mission not his and using Jinhwan's powers was considered cheating.

Hanbin nodded and jumped from the bed. “Thanks, I’ll see you later.” He left the room quickly and out the door. He rushed down the street, already smiling at the thought of seeing Sarang again.

Hanbin walked into the library and scanned the tables but have yet to find the person he was looking for. He looked through the aisles between bookshelves and stopped when he saw the familiar figure. She was reaching for a book that seemed to not be in her reach.

Sarang finally finds the book she was looking for and tries to grab for it. She tiptoed and stretched her arm as far as she could but only managed to touch it by her fingertips. She settled back on her heel and went to stretch once more. Suddenly she feels something warm touch her back and sees a bigger hand getting hold of the book. She spins around to come face to face with someone’s chest. She stumbled backwards into the bookshelf and a hand wraps around her waist to pull her away from it, so as to not knock down the books.

She looks up. “Hanbin?”

“Did I scare you?” Their faces were so close. If Hanbin just leaned down a little more, he can finally feel the softness of her lips.

His face was so close to hers as he leaned that Sarang couldn't help but stutter. “J-just a bit.” Sarang steps away from his hold and straightens out her shirt. He was the last person she thought she would see. “What are you doing here?”

Hanbin shrugged. “I was…bored so I was trying it out.” He scratched his head, hoping it was a good enough excuse.

Sarang nodded and a soft laugh broke through her lips. “You were trying out the library?”

“It’s not that hard to believe.” He defended himself childishly. There was something about seeing Sarang in normal clothing that made her seem even more beautiful…if that was possible. He reached out the hand that held the book she wanted. “Here.”

Sarang took the book from him. “Thanks.” It was strange. Hanbin always came out of nowhere and even though she had a boyfriend, her heart kept betraying her. It simply went out of rhythm whenever she saw him. “Since you’re bored, you can keep me company if you want.” She offered. She couldn’t deny that she liked his presence.

He nodded and followed her over to the table.

“What are you doing here on a weekend?” Hanbin asked as he took a seat across from her.

Her face broke into an excited grin and she turned to look inside her bag. Hanbin watched as s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter