Chapter 9

Love Her and Keep Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t talk to him.” Bobby warned Jinhwan. “He had been in a bad mood since the beginning of the week.”

Jinhwan bit his lip and stood silently beside Hanbin’s locker.

Hanbin throws his books inside his locker, not caring how hard he was banging them against the inside of his locker. “If she denies me again today, I’m going to go insane.” He mumbled angrily.

Bobby mouthed ‘crazy’ to Jinhwan. He placed an arm over Jinhwan’s shoulder. “So – um, we’re going to…go.” Bobby doesn’t wait for a response from Hanbin and spin around to go home with Jinhwan.

Hanbin closes the locker, a little too loudly and takes a deep breath. He felt so stifled not being able to see Sarang or speak to her all week. He doesn’t even know what he did wrong!

He makes his way over to Sarang’s locker.

Sarang glances up and jumps slightly seeing Hanbin coming to where she was, she turns her attention away from him and hurriedly grabs her belongings. She takes a deep breath and prepares herself before walking up to him. “Hanbin, I’m busy today also. I’m sorry I have to cancel again.” Busy? It was more like she was avoiding him. She goes to walk by him but he grabs her arm gently.

The touch sends a shock up her arm.

Hanbin looks down at her from the corner of his eyes. “Good try, are you shirking your responsibilities?”

“Of course not!” Sarang answers back. “I’m just – a lot of things have been happening.” She gulps seeing that he wasn’t falling for her lies. “I have to go.” She pulls away and Hanbin was left alone trying his best not to explode right then and there.

He was pushed away once again.

***

Hanbin didn’t feel like going home and he only had one other place that he could go to. He walked through the woods and went through the opening. He closed his eyes and allowed the secret place to work its magic and help him relieve some frustrations.

Yet, he didn’t feel relax at all.

He opened his eyes when he didn’t feel the frustration being blown away with the wind and in the corner of his eyes, he saw something…or more like someone move. He looked over and his eyes widened. “Sarang?”

“Um –uh, I’m sorry.” Sarang didn’t know what else to say. She wasn’t sure if she had permission to be here but after being bothered with so many things in her head, she wanted to go somewhere to free herself. And this place came to mind.

Hanbin couldn’t believe it. He didn’t think she would be here and the fact that she was, meant she liked this place. He looked at her softly. “What do you have to apologize for?” He treasured this place and he treasures her. This was as much of his place as it was to her.

“I wasn’t sure if I was welcomed to come back here.” She answered quietly. She shifted nervously. She told him she was busy and now that she was caught here, what other excuse could she tell him?

“I showed it to you so you can use it.” He smiled but his smile disappeared when he thought how badly she wanted to avoid him. Maybe for now, he should go back. He didn’t want to push her away. “I’ll leave first.”

“Wait!” Sarang called out before he could leave. She played with her hands. “Why don’t you stay also?” It was his place and she didn’t want to run him out of it.

It took Hanbin a second to register what she said but he nodded, feeling quite content. He walked over and took a seat on the grass and looked out over the city. “Is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter