Chapter 16

Love Her and Keep Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sarang really was struggling against herself this morning. She was getting scared to step out of her home. What if her attacker was outside waiting for her? But, the sight of Hanbin in front of her gate, made the fears disappear immediately.

Like Hanbin had said last night, he really was going to take care of everything.

“Hanbin…why are you here?” Sarang closed the gate behind her.

Hanbin stuffed his hands into his pockets. “I told you I would take care of everything.” He motioned at himself. “I am here to take you to school.”

Sarang couldn’t help but smile. This simple act showed more to her than he would ever think. He was genuinely caring. “Thanks, Hanbin, for keeping your promise.” He smiled and started walking beside her.

This was how it was supposed to be, Hanbin thought on the way to school.

***

The whole day today, Mino seemed to be in a bad mood. When they ate together, he hadn’t said a word to her and he didn’t even bring up her call from last night. “Mino, are you okay?”

“Fine.”

Sarang hated short and curt answers the most but didn’t say anything. If Mino was having a bad day, she didn’t want to create another problem.

Hanbin didn’t even have time to stare at Sarang during lunch and Bobby found that odd. He saw his best friend glancing around the lunchroom and Bobby looked around himself, Sarang was definitely in her usual seat. “Hey Hanbin, she’s over there.” Bobby pointed it out for him.

“I’m looking for Jinhwan.”

“Jinhwan? Why?” Bobby stared at his friend while chewing. But, speaking of which, he didn’t see Jinhwan all day either. Where was the boy?

“I think he’s avoiding me.”

Bobby blinked back from his thoughts. “You do something to him?” Knowing Hanbin, he could have easily hurt the shorty’s feelings. Bobby sighed. “Please don’t tell me you made him cry. I can’t even imagine the guilt you’re going through.” Bobby shivered. If he ever made Jinhwan cry, he wouldn’t know how to live with himself.

Hanbin gave him a weird look. “I didn’t bully him. If anything, he’s the one that’s in the wrong.”

“I doubt it.” Bobby retorted and went back to eating, ignoring the disbelief look on Hanbin’s face.

Hanbin continued to look around anxiously. Jinhwan was hiding something from him and he was going to get an answer today.

***

Hanbin walked up to Sarang’s locker after school. He was still waiting to see Jinhwan but he still had something else to deal with. “Is Mino taking you home?”

Sarang looked up in surprise. “I think so.” She had mentioned it earlier and Mino gave her a nod but he seemed a little out of it.

Hanbin nodded his head. “Okay, then tomorrow I’ll pick you up again, okay?”

Sarang smiled. “Thanks, Hanbin. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

He gave her one last smile before leaving and heading outside at the back of the school. He looked around for a sign of anyone and when he was sure he was alone, he spoke out. “Jinhwan, I know you can hear me and I know you’ve been avoiding me.”

He takes a deep breath when he didn’t hear a response or saw anyone. There was only one way to get what he wanted. He needed to guilt the kid. “I hope you know that I’m not happy with you. I have considered you my friend and friends don’t hide things from each other.”

Again, nothing. But he knew Jinhwan was struggling at this point. “Secrets aren’t nice and I hope you realize how wronged I feel because of you –“

“Alright!” Jinhwan blurted and popped out in front of Hanbin. “I get it. You can stop.” The kid had a frown on his face. Hanbin was guilt tripping him and he couldn’t take it anymore.

“Jinhwan, I want a straight answer. What have you’ve been hiding from me?”

***

Sarang sighs to herself when she was met with Mino’s voicemail again. How many times did she have to call him for him to pick up his phone? Sarang wandered through the hallways, maybe she’ll find him. She was sure he didn’t leave, his friends said so.

Sarang’s ears perked at the sound of some voices. By the tone of the words, it seems the two people were arguing. Not wanting to walk into the middle of it, Sarang went to turn around but the next words she heard stopped her in her tracks.

“So you’re picking Sarang?” Sooyi asked while trying to hold back her hurt and anger.

“I’m sorry, Sooyi.”

“Sorry? You’re sorry? Do you know how long I was waiting for you?” Sooyi tried to hush her voice but found her anger making it unsuccessful. “I hid my feelings because you wanted to consider Sarang’s and I really thought you were going to finally come to me.”

“Sooyi, I’m sorry but I realized I can’t lose Sarang.”

“I don’t care! Was it fun to play with me?” Sooyi bit her lips as tears gathered at the corner of her eyes.

“Sooyi, please understand.” Mino pleaded with her. “I’m sorry for hurting you but I just can’t be with you.”

“Fine.” Her voice fell into a whisper. What can she do when Mino can’t return her feelings? “At least – at least give me one last kiss. That’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter