Chapter 25

Love Her and Keep Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin slowly opened his eyes but was only met with silence and darkness. He sat up and slowly pushed himself onto his feet.

“Hello?” His voice echoed through the endless void around him. He waited but there was no answer. Where the hell is he?

“Hanbin.” A deep voice rang out.

Hanbin looked around, alerted but, there was no one there. “Who are you?”

“I’m the person that made the whole trip possible for you.”

Hanbin’s eyes widened in remembrance. “You’re the person that Jinhwan mentioned…wait, where’s Jinhwan?”

“After your trip ended, his job ended as well. He has returned.”

Hanbin wonders how Jinhwan feels about that. He had been so excited to experience Earth and now he had to go back. Hanbin didn’t even get to say goodbye to the boy. “So, what happens now?”

“You’ll wake up from your drunken night and the last six months will never have happened.”

“But, everything that happened – that I experienced, was real.”

“Sure, in your memories. But in reality, it never happened. Sarang’s past with you will not be replaced by the events that happened from your chance to return to the past.” Hanbin expected that, after all Jinhwan told him already. “Do you regret it?”

“No.” The answer was easy for Hanbin. “Why would I regret it?” Because he didn’t, not even one bit.

“Good. Then, it’s time to go back.”

“Wait!” Hanbin called out. “About Jinhwan, what is he going to do now?”

The man chuckled deeply. “He has future responsibilities to take care of.”

“If I can say something – “ Hanbin started. “ – I hope that you’ll let him visit me. I’m sure you have seen but, Jinhwan missed out on a lot and I hope you’ll give him an excuse to go to Earth.”

There was silence for a moment before the man started again. “I’ll consider it. Now, are you ready?”

Hanbin smiled to himself. “More than ever.” He was confident this time. Because surely this time, he’ll love Sarang correctly and he’ll be sure to keep her.

***

Hanbin’s eyes snapped open and he jolted straight up. His head whipped from side to side to scan the room. He was back in his bedroom and back on his bed – he was back to the present now. And with his mind still fuzzy from the alcohol, it was a sure sign he was. He clutched his head and slowly made his way out of his bedroom.

Bobby…well, Jiwon now, was passed out on the couch. It was still dark out with the time being only the wee hours in the morning. He walked over to the kitchen and took a seat at the table.

He returned, confident that he was going to get Sarang back. But, first he had to solve something. When Sarang moved out, he didn’t manage to ask where she was going to stay so at the current moment, Hanbin didn’t know her whereabouts.

“Jiwon.” Hanbin called out, his back still facing the couch in the living room. When he receives no answer but just snores, he called out again. “Bobby!”

Jiwon’s peaceful sleep was interrupted and he snorted as he was woken up. “Huh? Huh?” He sat up in a start and glanced around the room. When he realized that his sleep was not interrupted because of a fire or an emergency of some sort, he dropped his head and sighed.

Hanbin turned around in his chair to look at his best friend. “Bobby, come here.”

“What did you just call me?” Jiwon looked up with his face twisted in confusion. “Why the hell are you calling me by that name?” It was so embarrassing and why the hell was Hanbin teasing him with that name.

“You wanted to be called that, remember?” Hanbin smirked.

“Yeah, like 7 years ago so stop with that.” Jiwon groans then he took a closer look at Hanbin. “Why in the world are you up?” He glanced around for the clock. “It’s 4 in the morning! Aren’t you supposed to be passed out in a drunken stupor?”

Hanbin shrugged. “I’ve gotten better with my alcohol.”

“Yeah right, my .” Jiwon chuckled. “Now explain to me what was so important that you had woken me up. Me, who carried you all the way into your bedroom.”

“I’m going to win Sarang back.” Hanbin casually blurted.

Jiwon sat there and stared at the man in front of him. Was his friend always out of his mind? “Hanbin, what the hell is wrong with you? Am I still sleeping?” It was only a few hours ago that Hanbin had no motivation or any idea on how to deal with his divorce from Sarang and now he wants to win her back. “Did you get replaced while I slept?”

“Let’s just say God sent me a sign.” Hanbin stated cryptically.

“Uh huh…” Jiwon nodded his head unsurely. “Well, if that’s the case, go for it.” Jiwon genuinely encouraged Hanbin on. After all, those two were meant to be together anyways. What a couple of dorks. “So, what are you doing to do?”

Hanbin thought for a moment. For now, he didn’t really have to know where Sarang lived. “I have to visit the lawyer’s office tomorrow.”

***

Hanbin walked straight into the building without delay and went right up to the office. He knocked once and opened the door.

“Mr. Kim?” The lawyer from ‘yesterday’ looked up in surprise.

“Hi.” Hanbin gave him a close-lipped smile as he walked over to the man’s desk. “Did you turn in the signed papers from yesterday?”

“Oh, not yet, Mr. Kim. I was packing my things up now to do it.” The man had his briefcase in his hands, dressed to leave.

At the news, Hanbin’s face broke into a grin. “What does that mean?”

“What exactly do you mean, Mr. Kim?”

“What’s the status of the divorce?” Hanbin asked with high hopes.

“It means it’s still pending, not yet official.” The man stated. “Is something wrong, Mr. Kim?”

Hanbin shook his head. “May I see that paper?” The lawyer caught the sly grin on Hanbin’s face but nonetheless, placed his briefcase on his desk so that he cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter