Chapter 13

Love Her and Keep Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another start in the week and it was pretty much the same for Hanbin. Seeing Jinhwan being excited in school, trying to get Sarang to notice him, and getting the evil eye from Mino. Same old, same old.

There was one thing that was bothering Hanbin though. It was what Jinhwan said that night in the woods. Even after Hanbin asked what he meant, Jinhwan just brushed it off, saying that it was nothing. Of course Hanbin didn't believe Jinhwan one bit. Hanbin is going to have to find a time where he could squeeze the information out of innocent and fragile Jinhwan. 

The bell for dismissal rang and students began to file out of the classroom. Hanbin also follows suit and gets out of his seat. 

Sarang nervously clutched her backpack and headed out the room and towards her locker. After getting home from the trip and taking a breather, Sarang decided to forgive Mino after he apologized. He compromised and said he wouldn’t bring up the Hanbin situation again, to Sarang’s happiness.

Her eyes darted around for Mino and she smiled widely seeing him walk towards her. “Mino, can you please walk me home today?”

“Sorry, Sarang. I have to do something.” Mino frowned. “Is there something wrong?”

Sarang didn’t want to bother him if he was busy so she shakes her head. “No, there’s nothing wrong.” She forced a smile. “I’ll go first then.” She hesitantly walked towards the school’s exit until someone stopped her.

“Bye, Sarang.” Hanbin waved as he headed out. Sarang had already told him that she couldn’t tutor him today since she had to be home. But seeing him, she felt this small hope form inside of her.

“Hanbin.” She called out and he gave her his full attention. She paused when she felt unsure about the words that wanted to leave her lips. She wouldn’t be bothering him, right? “Can you – can you walk me home today?” She shuffled her feet anxiously. She didn’t like asking other people for favors but she was too scared to walk home by herself. When she was walking home after coming back from the retreat, she swore she heard footsteps behind her. It wasn’t the first time she was experiencing something like that but she never saw anyone. But this time, when she turned around, she caught a glimpse of someone. She was sure it wasn’t her imagination.

Hanbin looked at Sarang in surprise but smiled. “Sure.”

“I hope I’m not bothering you.” Sarang followed after Hanbin out the school.

“You’re never a bother.” Hanbin answered genuinely. He would kill to spend even five minutes with her.

Sarang smiled in relief and caught up to walk beside him. Hanbin was so kind and she relaxed hearing his words.

“So, why did your mom want you to be home?” Hanbin broke the silence as they walked beside each other.

“She had errands to do and she wanted me to watch the house."

Hanbin nodded his head. Mrs. Ahn was always busy with work. He remembered when they were younger, they would often babysit the house together. Sarang didn't really like being alone so he always joined her in the past. 

Soon, they stopped in front of her home. The walk was always too short for Hanbin's liking.

“Hanbin, would you like to come in for a bit?” Sarang felt bad for sending him home right away and it doesn't hurt to hang out for a bit more. 

So, they were going to be alone? Hanbin had to force himself back into reality. What was he expecting to happen? But, he beamed thinking how much Sarang had already come to trust him. He had to be doing something right.

Hanbin had to keep his poker face. He couldn’t show her how happy he was right now. He gave her a small smile and nodded his head. Sarang walked him in through the gate. She opens the door and they were both met with silence. Sarang leads Hanbin over to the table in the living room and both sat on the floor. 

It was so strange being in the house again. He recognized everything. The furniture and even the smell was like how he remembered it. 

But those thought vanished when he couldn’t help but wonder if Mrs. Ahn left Mino and Sarang alone like this. It made him slightly irritated just thinking about what the two were doing while having the house to themselves.

“Are you okay?” Sarang stared at Hanbin and it seemed he had a little scowl on his face.

“Huh?” Hanbin blinked back from his thoughts. “I’m fine.” Mino seemed like the type that would pounce on someone as innocent as Sarang. Honestly, he had nothing to worry about. Hanbin was sure that he was her first. At the thought of that, Hanbin felt this warmth shoot up his chest and face.

Sarang was oblivious and went through her bag for the books. Surprisingly, sitting here with Hanbin wasn’t awkward or uncomfortable at all. There was this air around Hanbin that told her she could trust him.

“Hanbin, do you just want to do homework together?”

Hanbin was still in the process of cooling himself down. “Uh – yeah, s-sure.” After all, Hanbin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter