thirteen

Traveler's Love

 It was Wednesday morning, second day of June, the day when Kyuhyun and ______ set up a lunch date. It should be a peaceful morning since both Heonmi and ______ were having free day from college and courses. But…

 

“ONNIE!!!!!” ______ shouted from her room. That’s why today’s not a peace Wednesday.

 

“WHAT?!!!” Hyeonmi shouted back from the living room

 

“Come here, help me!!! I’m dying!!!” ______ shouted dramatically.

 

“What again?” Hyeonmi murmured as she walked in to her sister’s bedroom, “What?!” Hyeoni yelled at ______.

 

Surprisingly, ______ was sitting in front of her closet with her clothes messed around her room. She was trying all her clothes to find the perfect outfit for today’s date.

 

“Onnie~~” ______ said whining, “What should I wear?? Kyuhyun will pick me up in one hour…”

 

“Geez, look at the mess!! This is all because you will go on date with him?” ______ nodded weakly, “Haaah~ Come on, let me see your clothes…”

 

Hyeonmi picked several clothes that she thought would be good for ______’s first date, but ______ never chose any of them. She said this one is too revealing, this one is too covering, and this one’s color is bad, etc.

 

“Yah!! What do you want, exactly?!” Hyeonmi finally gave up and yelled her sister

 

“I don’t know~ Onnie, can I borrow your clothes?”

 

“What?! NO! You know I hate it if you touch my clothes..”

 

Suddenly ______’s phone rang. ______ took her phone and looked at the caller’s name on the screen. It was Kyuhyun! After being forced by Hyeonmi, finally _____ picked up the phone.

 

“Yo..Yoboseoyo?”

 

“Hey, I was wondering if you still remember our date..”

 

“Of course I ..I remember, in fact, I’m dressing up right now..”

 

“Really? Hihihi, I’m over excited now. Hey, I have something to tell you,”

 

“What is it?”

 

“I know I promised you I’ll take you lunch to a restaurant today, but I have to go to hospital now.. Emm.. What if we change it to a diner date?”

 

“Diner? Well.. I’m okay with that, but what are you doing in hospital?”

 

“Emm… Maybe I’ll explain it later..”

 

“Oppa, Did something bad happen??”

 

“No,no.. Just a medical checkup, like usual.. So, I’ll pick you up at six, okay?”

 

“Six? Okay then..”

 

“Okay, bye..”

 

“Bye oppa…”

 

______ hung up the phone and threw it to her bed. She put her clothes back to her dresser. Her sister looked at her confusedly.

 

“What did he say?” Hyeonmi asked.

 

“He changed our ‘lunch’ date into ‘diner’ date..”

 

“What? That’s great. You have enough time to prepare then..” Hyeonmi said

 

“Yeah, right…*sigh”

 

______ was really excited with her date but she wondered what exactly happened with Kyuhyun that made him went to the hospital.

 

 

______ is really such a ‘last minute’ girl. It was already 5.30 but she didn’t choose what she will wear yet. She messed up her bed room again.

 

“______-ah! It’s already 5.30 and you’re not ready, yet? What are you doing?!” Hyeonmi yelled at her sister.

 

“I don’t know what to wear!”

 

“But you have so many clothes! Just choose one of them ”

 

“Yes, yes. But which one?? Onnie please help me” ______ whined. She sat at the floor and messed up her clothes again.

 

“Ottoke? You asked for my help too this morning, it’s useless, right? You didn’t agree with my choice..”

 

“So what should I do, then…”

 

“*sigh…” Hyeonmi sat beside her sister and patted her back, “Maybe you should put on your make up first. And blow your hair a little. Kyuhyun will be here in minutes, so hurry up a bit, okay?” ______ nodded weakly.

 

_______ took her makeup bag and started to apply some make up to her face. Hyeonmi helped her sister and blow ______’s hair with hairdryer. Suddenly Hyeonmi remember something.

 

“______-ah! Do you remember when we both went shopping with Siwon, Kyuhyun and the others?” Hyeonmi said excited.

 

“Yes… Why?”

 

“Well.. Don’t you remember Kyuhyunnie bought you something??”

 

______ thought in silent for a moment. She suddenly remembered that Kyuhyun had gave her a dress that time.

 

“Geez! Onnie! I forgot he bought me that dress! Gosh! Onnie, Thanks a lot!!”

 

Finally after searching the dress in ______’s closet, they found that beautiful white long dress that Kyuhyun once bought for ______. ______ decided to wear the dress for her date tonight. She’s finally ready to go.

 

“Where’s your prince Kyuhyun?” Hyeonmi said teasing her sister.

 

“Prince what? He may be here in….”

 

 “DING DONG!!!” Suddenly the door bell rang, cut ______’s sentence.

 

“There he is. I got it”

 

______ ran to the door and opened the door. There was he, standing in front of the door. Kyuhyun was wearing a light blue blazer with a white shirt inside the blazer and a white jeans (Like the outfit he woar in CTP) He really looked like Edward Cullen with that outfit. Kyuhyun came in and didn’t forget to ask for Hyeonmi permission before he took her sister to go out with him, like all gentlemen should do. After receiving Hyeonmi’s permission, Kyuhyun and ______ finally started their date.

 

“Oppa ~ What did you do at the hospital this morning?” ______ asked when they were in the car.

“Actually, I will having my surgery tomorrow morning, but I have to check something first..”

 

“Surgery?! What surgery?! ” ______ asked in shocked.

 

“Otitis surgery…” Kyuhyun answered carefully

 

“And what was that?”

 

Kyuhyun explained about his Otitis Media (inflammation of the middle ear), He has been dealing with it since Junior High (first year). Since Junior High (first year), pus would form in his ear but going to the hospital was too annoying so he would just dig it out. And so in Junior Year (third year) he went to the hospital for the first time because pus would keep coming out of his ear. And then the doctor told him that 2/3 of his ear drum is gone, his hearing is that of a grandmother/grandfather and he need to wear hearing aids.

 

______ was really in shock to hear that. She was very upset that Kyuhyun was taking time for too long to fix his ear problem. But at the same time she was so amazed at how Kyuhyun was able to sing while being partially deaf.

 

“Unbelievable… You’ll have a surgery tomorrow, and tonight you still go to a date with me?!”

 

“Ne~ It’s okay ______-ah.. It’s not that big, you know..”

 

“What? Are you nuts?! You have to take some rest, you know! How’s your ear now?” ______ asked in worried.

 

“It’s okay... I didn’t feel any hurts right now…”

 

“Oppa. Is it okay if we still continue our date? You know we can go anytime.. but not tonight.. Maybe we should cancel…”

 

“No, no, no!” Kyuhyun cut ______’s sentence,” ______-ah, if I said it’s okay, then it is really okay. I don’t wanna cancel our date tonight. I’m perfectly fine. Besides, you’ve been so beautiful like this….”

YOUR POV

 

“…..besides, you’ve been so beautiful like this…” Kyuhyun glanced at me a second and then looked away. Did he say I’m beautiful?

 

“Well.. If you say so….” I could feel my heart was beating so fast and I believe my face was turning red, “Emm… Kyuhyun oppa, where are we going exactly?

 

“I’m taking you to  French Restaurant.. Is it okay with you?”

“French? I think it’s okay….”

 

French restaurant? I’ve gone dinner to a French restaurant before with my family and it turned because of the entire awkward attitude in there. My mom kept telling me and my sister about those table manner etc..  Well with the outfit we were wearing tonight, there’s no way we’re going to have dinner in fast food restaurant, right?

 

“So here we are…” Kyuhyun said.

 

I looked out the window. The restaurant is so beautiful. The restaurant has its indoor courtyard, very intimate lighting, an open fire and fake flower blossoms. The atmosphere was cozy romance with a gentle-ambience of a French countryside inn. I thought it was the most romantic restaurant that I ever seen.

 

Kyuhyun stopped the car in front of the entrance. He got out the car, opened my door and helped me out the car as he held my hand. As we entered the restaurant, Kyuhyun gave the car key to a valet service boy.

 

“Do you like this place?” Kyuhyun asked when we’re sitting at the table.

 

“I think this restaurant is really beautiful…” but I didn’t like it….

 

I didn’t like having a dinner like this. It was sooo awkward. We just kept reading the menu in silent. Well, to say the truth, I didn’t even understand what was written on the menu! It was all in Hangul or French. No English!

 

A butler came to us bringing a bottle of wine. He poured the wine to our glass. He talked to Kyuhyun in Korean. I guessed he asked Kyuhyun what to order but Kyuhyun told him to come again later. As the butler left us, Kyuhyun put down the menu and stared me.

 

“______-ah” He called me.

 

“Ne, oppa?”

 

“I wonder if you could understand what’s written on the menu…..” he said as he giggled. What?! So he realized that I was pretending to read the Menu?

 

“Well, Kyuhyun oppa…” I said as I put down the menu and stared at him back, “Don’t tell anyone but I didn’t understand any of that” We both laughed after I said that.

 

“Ahahaha, ______-ah, are you hungry now?”

 

“Yes, definitely. Why?”

 

He didn’t answer my question but called the butler. I thought he ordered something to the butler as he talked to the butler and pointed at something on the menu. The butler came again with two bottles of wine in a package and a bill. Kyuhyun paid the bill as he gave some money to the butler.

 

“Oppa, what are you doing?” I asked confusedly.

 

“Let’s get out of here..” He said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the restaurant. He also took the wine with him.

 

“Where are we going? We don’t even eat yet!” He kept in silent until he valet boy came with his car and we got in to the car. What’s wrong with him?

 

“Oppa, Where are we going?” I asked him when we’re in the car.

 

“______-ah, have you ever gone to Han River?”

 

“Nope.. Why?”

 

“Well.. You asked me where we are going to, so… I’m taking you to Han River now. We’ll have our dinner there”

“What?! Oppa, you know you’re really weird…” I said as I smiled. I love his idea about having diner in Han River. But… how? ”Oppa.. Did you mean we’ll have diner in a restaurant in the river side?” I asked curiously.

 

“I said we’ll have our diner there, but I didn’t say we’ll go to a restaurant, right?”

 

“What? What did you mean then?”

 

“Just wait until we get there, okay?” he said as he smiled me his childish smile. I just smiled him back and wondered what’s inside his mind.

 

Surprisingly, he drove the car to a fast food restaurant. We’re on a car queue for the drive thru service. Don’t tell me he wanted to take me here. He stopped the car while waiting for the other cars. I just stared at him with questioning eyes. He laughed at my expression and then finally talked,

 

“______-ah. Do you like burgers?”

 

“What?!” I asked him disbelieved. Don’t say that he wanted to….

 

“I wanted to eat burgers. Do you want some?” He asked innocently.

 

“I love burgers, esp. cheeseburgers but.. I thought we’ll have dinner…..”

 

“Of course.. That’s why we buy burgers now.. We’ll have a picnic dinner!”

What?!!