JaeWook Ending

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You run backstage, panting and breathless. You can't believe he--!

You look down at your chest, your s no longer concealed with bandages. You gulp down hard. Now everyone knows...

You slam your back against the corridor wall, tears beginning to stream down your face.

It's all over now.

Your career is over. 

There's no way on earth SM will keep you now. Everyone knows that you are a girl. 

That's it! There's nothing left for you!

You bite your lower lip in anger, trying to hold back the tears that haven't fallen yet as you wipe away the ones that have with the back of your hand. 

You lean your head back against the wall.

What was he thinking?!

You hear footsteps down the wall and you see Heechul walking towards you. Angered, you push yourself off the wall and slam your fist into his chest, shoving him against the wall. "WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" you cry out in pain. 

"It wasn't just my idea!" cries out Heechul, pushing you off of him. 

"Then who's was it?!" you shout back in anger.

"It was mine." You eyes widen when you hear that low, soft voice.

Ryeowook?

You let go of Heechul and turn to face him. 

"Ryeowook?" you whisper in disbelief.

How could it be? 

He...

...He had Heechul expose you?

But...

...why?

Your stomach knots.

You like him!

You...

You feel your chest clench with pain; not the physical pain you have been experiencing lately, but emotional pain. Hot tears burn your eyes.

Heechul slips away quickly after a quick huff in irritation.

You stare at Ryeowook for a moment as he looks down with a sigh.

You knew all along that he only cared about you as a 형제 [hyungjae]. Nothing more.

And now...

You shake your head, turning away from him. You pull your cap low over your eyes and begin to walk away.

"Jaehwa-ah!" his voice calls out behind you and a moment later you feel his hand grab your arm. You stop walking. "미안합니다 [Mianhamnida]," he says softly. "미안합니다 [Mianhamnida]."

A thick silence hangs over you both. You bite your lower lip, trying to hold in the tears.

Ryeowook steps in front of you, speaking softly, "Jaehwa-ah, I'm sorry. I didn't want to do that, but—" He looks down with a sigh. "I didn't want you to hurt yourself any more. The guys told me what happened at the gym." He takes your hands in his. "Jaehwa, I don't want you hurting yourself ever again like that. I want you to be safe. I—" He takes a deep breath. "I think I'm falling for you."

You lift your head up in surprise. 

He likes you?

He looks at you with remorse and slowly lifts a hand to brush away the tears on your face.

You feel your face begin to heat up at his touch. 

He likes you!

You feel your heart swell with happiness and you blink quickly trying to hold back the tears of joy that are trying to fall. 

"I like you too." Your voice falls out in barely even a whisper.

He hears you though and smiles softly back.

As tears stubbornly drop from your eyes, Ryeowook reaches out for your baseball cap, moving it gently out of the way. He leans forward, and you instinctively close your eyes as his lips start to brush against your cheeks, slowly kissing away the tears.

You smile in pure ecstacy as his lips trail over to the other side of your face, his breath gently tickling your skin. He kisses away the tears on that cheek and then pulls away slightly, just enough for him to look into your eyes. "I'm really sorry, Jaehwa," he whispers softly.

"Don't be," you whisper back, placing your hands on his chest to reassure him. "I understand why you did it. Things will work out."

"They will," he whispers back, pulling you closer to him. The small gap between you both closes and his lips caress yours, reassuring you that things will indeed work out. 

****

Later that night, he tells you that he did not think you could even care for him, until that one day when Taemin brought over the lie detector. He confesses that after you had went to bed and were talking with Amber on the phone that night, he snuck outside your door to eavesdrop on the conversation.

He then tells you how he confessed later to Suho over text that he thought you were more than just pretty the day of the bet and even let it slip out that he has feelings for you.  

****

The news about your true identity circulates quickly, and you are put on hiatus as Super Junior continues their World Tour. SM does not know what to do with you. The fact that a girl is cross dressing in an all boy band is a scandal in itself. However, add the fact that she's been living in an all men's dorm... Well, that's an even bigger scandal on their hands.

Your father tries to explain things, but little can be done. You are put on hiatus until further notice. 

However, this does not prevent you from going to every Super Show on the tour, sneaking in as either a crew member or a member of the audience, your father, supporting you in this every time.

He is not the only one who supports you though. Your fans, your ever loyal Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs, rally to your aid as well, sending you encouraging comments and letters of support.  

****

As you sit in the reserved section for family, the lights come up on stage and you see Ryeowook and Sungmin both sitting on chairs. Sungmin has a guitar in his hand and begins to strum the insturment. You smile as your boyfriend begins to sing.

 

"A warm wind is blowing like it was that night
The flowers you lovingly planted have bloomed
Before I know it spring has come again
I still want to deeply sleep like it’s winter..." ["One Fine Spring Day" by Ryeowook Eng trans]

 

As he sings, you reflect on the past few months since he had Heechul expose you. Despite the busy schedules he has had with the rest of the members, he has made sure of your well-being. The day after he exposed you, he took you to the doctor to make sure that everything was alright with you after binding yourself so much. Needless to say, the pain and bruises you had been experiencing, came from your bruised ribs, which needed rest. Without schedules to contend with, you were able to heal, making sure to wear only the most comfortable of bras you owned. 

You smile, thinking about how every day, even when he was strained because of schedules, he would make sure that you were doing alright.

 

"You are so very far, so very far
To be honest I miss you every day
Even the very small, very small trivial things
make me think of you every day..."

 

Ryeowook stands up from the chair and begins walking down the stage. He looks up at your section and sends you a smile.

Your eyes widen. Is he singing to you?

 

"Your comforting scent fills the room
in the flowers scattered around
Because I’m afraid one day I won’t be able to feel it
I want to take hold of even the air that you were in..."

 

He reaches your section and begins to mount the stairs, his eyes never leaving you for an instant. 

You shake your head slightly, feeling awkward over the fact that your '형제 [hyungjae]' is serenading you.

 

"You are so very far, so very far
To be honest I miss you every day
Even the very small, very small trivial things
make me think of you every day..."

 

He reaches your row and you find yourself standing and shuffling past peoples' knees to reach him so that he does not have to do so. He gives you a grateful smile and takes your hand in his. 

 

"A day becomes months
It seems that even in my heart too a new spring has come…"

 

He pulls you to him suddenly which causes you to almost crash into his chest. He wraps an arm and you and continues to sing, looking into your eyes lovingly.

You feel his heart beating quickly with your body being so close to his. You feel your cheeks get warm as your own heart begins to beat faster.

 

"You are in such a far away, far away, far off place
I believe to you every day is spring
On a far off day, a very far off future, if you see me again
Tell me we were always together."

 

As the music ends, Ryeowook steps away and turns off his microphone, setting it on one of the steps. Then in one fluid motion, he wraps his arms around you again and pulls you to him. He dips his head to yours, kissing you passionately, letting SM and the rest of the world know that you both are together and always will be. 

****

Ryeowook's little stunt at the concert ends up convincing SM to allow you to be a part of Super Junior again; in part due to the influx of support from your Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs, and partly due to the fact they wish to avoid more scandal. 

****

Three years later...

You turn over onto your side, trying to fall back asleep. 

Ugh! 

It's no use! 

You just feel nauseated. 

You sit up slowly, trying not to wake Wookie as he sleeps soundly next to you. You rest your head against the head board, yawning quietly. You close your eyes, trying to ease yourself from feeling nauseated. You open your eyes and reach over to the nightstand to drink some water from the water bottle by your bed. As you do so, the bed shifts, making a loud noise in the quiet room. You wince as you feel the blankets rustle beside you. 

Oops.

"Jaehwa?" Ryeowook sits up, yawning. "Did you have a bad dream?"

You shake your head in the darkness and then realize that he cannot see you. "It's not that. I'm just feeling a little nauseated that's all."

"Again?" he asks, worried.

"Just need a little water and I'll be fine." You take a sip of the water. "I'm sorry I woke you, Wookie."

"Don't be sorry," he says quietly. He turns to look at the time. "You need to get some sleep though. Don't you have a shooting tomorrow?"

"네 [Ne]," you reply with a small nod. "But that's not until the afternoon."

You make out Ryeowook nodding his head in the dark. "Oh." He yawns sleepily.

You smile. "Wookie-ah, you're tired. Go back to sleep. I'm fine."

You can see him shake his head. "Not without you."

You scoff quietly, chuckling a little as he wraps an arm around you. He pulls you back down to a horizontal position on the bed. As soon as your head lands on the pillow, you feel nauseated again. You take a deep breath, wondering why you are feeling this way. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asks softly.

"I'm fine," you reply again, not wanting to keep him up any longer. "I'm just going to try sleeping on my stomach." You turn over onto your stomach and immediately regret doing so. "Ah!" You wince at the sore state that your s are in. 

"Jaehwa? What is it?" The bed shifts next to you and Ryeowook sits up once more. 

"I'm sore," you mutter, rolling around to your back once more.

"Where? Is it from working out? Or...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter