Mischievous Maknae and Angry Appa

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You let out another yawn as  you finish vacuuming.

Seriously, how in the world do the dorms get so messy so quickly?

You put the vacuum in the closet, letting out another yawn as you do so. You make a mental note to yourself not to stay up late with Kyuhyun again if you want to work out a few hours later. You feel extremely fatigued. 

You take out your cell phone to look at the time. It's around noon. You head to the living room and sit on the couch, deciding to take a few minutes to relax before you make some lunch for yourself. 

Kyuhyun is the only other one home and he's in his room playing some game... Starcraft was it? You seem to remember Kibum used to liking that game. You don't really remember much about it though. 

You lean back against the cushions, enjoying this moment of solitude. Your mind wanders to the years of carelessness behind you and then to the uncertainty that lies ahead of you.  You yawn again, your eyes closing as you do so. You ponder over what Kyuhyun said last night. It still doesn't make any sense. 'Use them' to get your career back? You would rather do it on your own terms, in your own way. Maybe what he was trying to say was, just to continue helping in anyway you can, and then maybe eventually you'll be recognized for your own talents? Who knows?

Your mind starts to get fuzzy. Maybe...

****

You jolt awake as water hits your face. You bolt up off the couch and tackle Kyuhyun to the ground. Dripping with water, you stare down at Kyuhyun who is pinned beneath you. 

"Yah! What are you doing?!" you cry out, irritated from the prank.

"I should be asking you the same thing," he replies with a smirk, glancing between you and him. 

You punch him squarely in the shoulder, making sure it will hurt him.

"Yah! What was that for?!" he cries, staring at you in shock while rubbing his shoulder. 

You scoff, "You know what." You get off of him. "Pabo."

He chuckles. "How else was I supposed to wake you up?"

"Did you try shaking me or calling my name?"

"Why would I do that? It's too boring to wake someone like that, " he scoffs. "Really Jaehwa, you should know that by now. You have been alive as long as I have."

You roll your eyes while reaching up to adjust your baseball cap out of habit. It's not there. Your eye drifts to the couch. It's not there either...

Kyuhyun.  

You look at him with a knowing look. "Where is it?"

"Where's what?" he asks innocently.

"You know what," you reply, staring at him.

"I don't," he replies nonchalantly.

Your eyes dart around the room, trying to spot it. You move some of the cushions. 

"What are you looking for exactly?" he asks, moving closer to you. "Maybe I can help you look for it." He grins like an all-too-innocent child, who secretly snuck into the cookie jar and ate all the cookies and insists that he did not, although there are crumbs all over his face. 

Where did he put it?

An idea goes off in your mind. "Oh, nothing. I must have just left it in my room," you respond, heading in the direction of the hallway. A smirk forms across your face. As soon as you reach the hallway, you dart toward Kyuhyun's room. You run down the hallway and burst into his room, searching frantically around the room with your eyes before you start digging in with your hands.

"Yah!" You hear him yell from behind you. "What are you doing?"

You start searching through his things, tossing clothes off the floor, moving things around, checking the closet.

"Yah! If you're so anxious to see guys' clothes, why don't you go do the laundry right now?"

You ignore his statement. Doing their laundry is not exactly a nice walk around the park... It's more like trying to survive walking around a garbage dump with bare feet.

"How about you try the bottom drawer to the left in the dresser?" he snickers.

"What makes you think I care about seeing your underwear Kyuhyun?" You check under the bed. Nothing. Where did he--?!

"Why not? You might be curious since you've probably never worn guys underwear before." He chuckles, obviously enjoying teasing you as he waits for you to give some retort.

You check underneath the desk.

There's a pause as he stops chuckling. "Wait. HAVE you worn guys' underwear before?"

You don't respond as another idea comes to mind. Behind the computer... You check behind the computer and sure enough, there it is. "Ha!" you shout in triumph, snatching it up. "Found it." You put it on your head, twisting it to the side. "Much better." Your eyes make contact with Kyuhyun who is staring at you hard. "What?" you ask. 

"Have you?" he asks.

"Have I what?" you ask confused, raising an eyebrow.

"Worn mens' underwear?" His eyes practically bulge out of their sockets.

You burst out laughing. "Is that why your expression is like that?" You laugh again. "Well, if you must know, 네 [ne], I have." 

He stares at you, waiting for some kind of explanation. 

You roll your eyes and say, "When 엄마 [umma] and I were on our own, we went through a little rough patch, I was trying to pay all the bills and medical expenses. A lot of my clothes were wearing out and I needed some pajama shorts and some underwear... and well, boxers are cheeper and come in a muli-pack." You rub the back of your neck and let out a sigh. "Does that answer your question?" You shake your head as you walk past him. 

You look down at your phone. WHAT?! You turn around. "형 [Hyung]! Do you know what time it is?"

"네 [Ne], that's why I woke you up."

You run to your room, grabbing your sweats and a racerback from one of the drawers, as Kyuhyun follows you into your room. You realize that he's already wearing his training clothes, shoes, and a jacket, and even brought his duffel bag with him into your room.  "Why didn't you say anything? We have to be there soon! Aish!"

He sits down on the bed. "Don't worry. We'll get there. Shouldn't you be changing into your sweats and stuff?" He asks as you stuff the clothes into a duffel. 

"I'll do it there," you reply. "Besides, you're in here. How can I?"

He replies with a straight face, "You don't have to be embarrassed. I've seen boxers before, Jaehwa." 

You chuckle, shaking your head at his response.

You run out to the hallway to the washroom, quickly returning with your toothbrush in your mouth, brushing vigorously with one hand as you throw on and tie your shoes with the other. You run out, with one shoe untied, and come back with your mouth full of water. You finish tying your shoe as you continue to swash the water around your mouth. 

"You should spit that out," observes Kyuhyun with a cheeky grin.

You glance at him. Not a bad idea...

You decide against it. You snatch up your duffel and motion with your head for him to follow. You hurry down the hall, spitting out the contents in your mouth in the washroom sink on the way. 

You hurry out of the dorm, Kyuhyun following you at his own pace. You click on the elevator door button. Kyuhyun saunters up to you. "Why the rush?"

You look down at your phone. "We have to be there at 4:00 pm, remember?"

"So?"

"'So'?" you repeat, staring at him. "It's almost 3:50 pm."

"We'll get there," he replies casually, as the elevator doors arrive and slide open. You both walk in and you press the floor to the garage. As the elevator begins its descent, your stomach growls.

"Why didn't you eat?" he asks. 

"I was going to make lunch after I rested for a few minutes on the couch, but I guess I fell asleep instead."

"You know, most people take naps after they eat, not before," replies Kyuhyun with yet another cheeky grin.

"Most people know how to wake up others without pouring water all over them," you retort.

He glances at you, "Most people don't tackle others if they get a little water on them."

"Most people don't steal other people's hats and hide them behind the computer."

"Most girls don't dig around a guy's room, while admitting that they've worn men's underwerar before. Gives the wrong impression."

You burst out laughing. "Your tongue is way too fast Kyu- 형 [hyung]."

"I know," he responds straightforwardly. 

You shake your head as the elevator doors slide open. "So, where's your car?" you ask. 

"This way," he replies, walking towards the right. You follow him to the car and get in. He turns on the engine and looks at the clock. "Aish! Why do women always make men late?" He says this with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

You know he's just trying to get a reaction from you, so you decide to give him one... but not the one he is expecting. "Yeah, woman! Why do you always make me late?" You turn to Kyuhyun with a smirk, and say in a deeper voice, "Why can't you just listen to 오빠 [oppa] for once?" You gesture to yourself. You lean back in your seat. "If you wouldn't take so long to do your makeup everyday, maybe we would get somewhere on time."

Kyuhyun responds in a higher pitched voice, "미안해 [Mianhae] 오빠 [oppa] I thought you liked my makeup this way."

In a deep voice you respond, "You look better without makeup."

"Jinja?"

"네 [Ne]."

"오빠 [Oppa]?"

"네 [Ne]?"

"Does this dress make me look fat?"

You both burst out laughing. 

"It's going be a looong day," you say in between laughs, rubbing your left eye.

"You can say that again," he replies as he steers the car towards the direction of the SM building.

****

You look down at your phone. 4:14pm. "Hopefully, Henry won't mind us being too late," you say, as you both walk down the corridor. "I'll meet you in the practice room," you say, ducking into the womens' washroom to quickly change into your training clothes, leaving Kyuhyun outside to head to the practice room.

You quickly strip out of your street clothes and throw on your sweats and racerback before putting your shoes back on. You fumble to get your hoodie on and zipped in a timely manner before throwing the baseball cap back on your head. You snatch up your duffel bag and hurry outside. You hurry down the empty hallway. You break out into a run s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter