Trapped

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The backup dancers gather up their stuff and head out the door. 

You take another drink of your water as Henry and Kyuhyun slowly gather themselves to leave as well. You fumble around your bag, looking for something. 

"Ready?" asks Henry, hoisting his duffel bag over his shoulder. 

"There's one thing I have to take care of first," you reply, finding a sharpie marker at the bottom of your bag. You grin. "You guys can head out. I'll catch up with you in a moment."

Henry and Kyuhyun leave the room.

You head over to the Northeastern corner of the room, bending down. You find the words you had written long ago, in small handwriting tucked hidden in the corner:

Here is where it all started!

Jang Jaehwa 2004.04.14 Dream begins.

T.H.E.E.N.D. 2005.01.23 Girls Group formed.

Super Junior 05 2005.11.06 Debut.

T.H.E.E.N.D. 20   .   .    Debut

Jang Jaehwa's Dreams came true. 20    .   .    !

 

You take the sharpie marker and cross out the fifth line. You write something new next to it.

T.H.E.E.N.D. 20   .   .    Debut Jaehwa 201-.--.-- I'm back! Ready to fight.

 

"You know," You hear a voice behind me. "I don't think your father would like you vadalizing the place." You turn around to see Kyuhyun looking down at you in your crouched position by the wall.

You get up, putting the cap back on the marker. "He'll never know."

Kyuhyun moves to the left to try to look at what you wrote. You instinctively move to the right to block him from seeing what you wrote.

"What? Did you write one of those love note things that girls write in bathroom stalls or something?" he asks with a smirk.

"아니 [Ani]!" you cry. "It's just personal."

"Then why did you put it on the wall?"

You roll your eyes, letting out a slightly frusterated sigh.

Kyuhyun grins down at you. "If you don't move aside, 형제 [hyungjae]," he says, pausing slightly on '형제 [hyungjae]'. "I'll move you out of the way." He gives you an evil smile.

You scoff. "Fine!" You step to the side. 

He wears a smug expression on his face as he bends down to read the words. "Let's see who Jaehwa likes," he says in a sing-song voice. He leans closer to read the tiny words. He smiles, staring at the words. "Ready to prove your father wrong, huh?" he asks, noting the new words. 

"네 [Ne]," you reply simply.

"Good," he says, straightening up. "Let's go home. I'm tired."

"Me too," you respond, hoisting your duffel over your shoulder, as you both head to the door. "I have to get up early again tomorrow."

"왜 [Wae]?" he asks.

"I'm going to go to the gym with the 형 [hyungs] again," you reply as you both head down the corridors. 

"왜 [Wae]?" he asks.

"I need to start training again, don't I, if I'm going to make this work?" you say with a soft sigh.

"왜 [Wae]?" he asks again. 

You turn to him, knowing that he's just trying to get on your nerves with all the '왜 [wae]' questions. You can see the mischievous glint in his eye. You elbow him in the side.

"Yah! What was that for?" he cries.

"Mwoh?" you ask, looking innocent.

He clicks his tongue. "Alright then." He pinches you in the side.

"Eeeep!" you squeak, sounding more like a mouse than a person.

This sends Kyuhyun into laughter. "What the heck?"

You feel your cheeks burn up slightly. You hate it when you sound like that. You clear your throat. "Yah! Don't do that! Do you want me to beat you?"

"I don't think a mouse could beat me up," he says, chuckling.

You run your tongue along the bottom teeth in the left side of your mouth in irritation. 

Kyuhyun smirks. "Not so tough now are you?"

You take a deep breath. You know that he's just trying to irk you. There's no need to respond back. You both walk through the door of the SM building, heading toward the car.

"Does that mean you're giving up?" he asks, pinching you again.

You let out another "Eeep!" Why does he keep doing that?!?!?!

Kyuhyun smirks and starts laughing again.

You give up, deciding to get him back. You react quickly, throwing your arm around him and forcing him down into a headlock. "Don't do that again." You smirk. You let go, releasing him from your grasp.

He stands there looking dumbfounded for a moment. He snaps back to attention and begins to walk again, a grin slowly forming across his face. 

As you both reach the car, you notice another car parked not too far away. The driver of the car is looking right at you, staring daggers into your soul. You recognize him in an instant. It's your father.

****

You slide your card key through the door, hot and sticky from your morning exercise. You walk inside the dorm and head down the hall. "안녕 [Annyeong]!" you call. "Anyone home?"

Silence. 

You smile, heading for the washroom. You might as well take a shower now since no one else is here to pound on the door and tell you to hurry up. You have to get ready for the performance in a couple hours anyway. 

You step into the washroom, stripping yourself of the sticky clothes. You get in the shower, washing away all the grime of the day. Your mind wanders to last night. How are you going to attain your dream anyway? It's not going to be easy... Should you audition again for SM to become a trainee again? Or should you try to make it on your own? How would you even go about doing that?

You lather the shampoo in your hair. Is there an age limit to becoming a trainee? You don't remember. There probably is one. It's just been so long, you don't remember. Oh, well! They probably changed it anyway.

You rinse out the shampoo. What if you tried with another company? Would that work? 

Meh. It would be fun to try a new place, but then... you probably wouldn't be able to see all your 형 [hyungs] as much and your 아빠 [appa] would be furious.

You pour the conditioner in your hand and wring it through your hair. What if, you train again secretly while you stay here with all the guys and then...

That wouldn't work. How would you get in then?

You wash your body with soap as you let the conditioner sit in your hair for a minute. 

Could you try to become a professional backup dancer first? That could work...

You rinse off your body and the conditioner in your hair. 

You will have to practice and work out a lot to get your body used to all that again. Maybe you can continue to go to the gym with the guys in the morning, clean whatever needs cleaning when you get back home, and then work on learning all the current dances to train your body again. That could work...

You turn off the water and grab a towel from the nearby rack. You dry off your body and try to get some of the water out of your hair. You wrap the towel around you and head out to your room, your mind absorbed with the plan.

You head to your room, opening the door. Your eyes widen when you notice someone sitting on the bed. He grins. "Hey, Jaehwa!" he says, his eyes trained down at his laptop.

Omo. Did you just--?

You glance at the door. 아니 [Ani]. This is your room. Then why is he here?

You turn your attention back to Kyuhyun, clutching the towel around you tighter. "What are you doing in my room?" you ask, irritation dripping from your tongue.

"I was waiting for you to come back home." 

You stare at him in shock and irritation. "Excuse me?"

"I was bored. I was waiting for you to come home," he keeps his eyes on the screen as he pounds away at the keys as noises of a game are heard, eminating from the piece of technology.

You continue to stare at him mouth agape, clearly irritated. "Do you mind?" you ask, clicking your tongue and glaring at him hard.

He keeps his eyes fixated on the screen on in front of him, clearly engrossed in his game. "아니 [Ani]. I don't mind."

"Get out," you say, glaring knives and other torturous devices at him.

"왜 [Wae]?" he asks, still fixed on the game. The noises cut out as he pauses his game. "Why--" He looks up, his eyes widening for a moment, before they turn to a mischievous glint. "Now I know why." He grins. "I was wondering why you sounded so irritated." He gets up off the bed, grabbing his laptop with him. 

You move out of the way of the door, stll clutching the towel tightly around you and glaring at Kyuhyun still.

As he moves past you, he gives you a smirk. "You are definitely no '형제 [hyungjae]' or '오빠 [oppa]'."

You smack him hard, shutting the door and locking it quickly. 

You can hear him laugh from the other side of the door. "Go away now!" you call. You let out an exasperated sigh. "He is so going to pay," you mutter under your breath.

You quickly throw on some clothes and get put on your makeup. Stupid Kyuhyun!

****

You survey yourself in the mirror for the performance. You're wearing a large, loose black mens' tank with wide arm holes and a white fitted tank top underneath so the sides aren't revealing any skin. You're also wearing long black knee-length mens' shorts, black shoes, black socks with a white stripe, and a black baseball cap. You grin at your reflection. This is going to be so much fun!

You turn around to find go find Henry and Kyuhyun. You see them standing a bit aways, a member of the sound crew handing them their mics before hurrying off to finish up a few tasks. You approach them. 

"Yah! Help me with this!" Kyuhyun orders, holding out the mic to you. 

"Yah!" you respond. "I'm not your servant." You turn to Henry. "Need some help with that?" 

"네 [Ne]," he replies, handing you the mic. You give Kyuhyun a smirk as you help Henry with his mic. 

"There you are," you say, putting the piece of mic tape over the wire on his cheek to hold it in place. "You ready for the performance?" you ask with a grin.

Henry grins. "네 [Ne]."

Kyuhyun clears his throat. "Well?"

You look at him blankly. "Well, what?" You are enjoying this. 

He looks at you. "Aren't you going to help me?"

You stare back. "Why would I do that?"

He chuckles. "Arasso. Jaehwa-ah, could you please help me with my mic?"

You grin back in triumph. "Arasso." You get behind him, attaching the mic to the back of his pants. You go through the process of stringing the wire up through his shirt. 

He opens his mouth, ready to make some kind of comment, but before he can do so, you pinch him hard. "Ow!" he cries. "What wa--"

"Don't say a word," you order, cutting him off. 

Henry chuckles. "I think she can read your mind, Kyu."

"I think she can too," Kyuhyun agrees, rubbing the sore spot now on his back as you attach the mic to his cheek. 

"There you go," you say, taking a step back. "Ready?"

He grins. "Are you?"

"네 [Ne]," you respond with a smile.

"Well then, let's go show your father what you can do," he gives you a grin.

You shake your head. "I'm just a backup dancer."

"True, but let's hope he notices." He holds up a fist. "Hwaiting!"

"Hwaiting!"

****

Henry sits at the white piano, in his black suit and dress shirt, hair swept back, giving him a very charismastic and handsome vibe. You and the other backup dancers are positioned around the piano in different poses, ready for the cue. Henry begins playing the piano.  

You hear the cue. You and the backup dancers spring into action, performing the choreographed moves perfectly in time with the music. Henry begins singing.

"움직일 수 없어 왜 나는 무거워져 가기만 해
네 맘 구석에 놓여진 채 놓인 채 Yeah
네게 닿고 싶은데 그저 컴컴한 이 어둠 속에
자꾸 가라앉아 같은 곳에 그 곳에 Yeah

네 안에서 점점 난 잊혀져 가
늘 머물러 있는 이 사랑 안에
Oh 난 I’m Trapped I’m Trapped"

Just like last time, the moves flow naturally, giving you that same electric thrill as the stage lights beat down on you and the rhythm of the music flows through your veins. 

Henry continues singing.

"나는 지쳐가 나 혼자서만
꿈을 꾸고 있나봐
세게 흔들어 나를 깨워주겠니
깨워주겠니 I’m Trapped I’m Trapped
난 나를 잃어가 너 없인
나의 이름 조차 기억이 안 나
이젠 네 안에서 나를 놓아주겠니
놓아주겠니 I’m Trapped I’m Trapped
I’m Trapped Oh- I’m Trapped Oh-"

You link arms with the other dancers for a brief moment in front of Kyuhyun. He sends you a quick wink before you unlink arms and jump out of the way. Kyuhyun approaches and begins to sing:

"너와 난 이렇게 달라져 가는데
너의 끝이 없는 욕심에 그 욕심에"

Henry continues to sing:

"너라는 새장에 작은 새장 안에 버려진 새
날아갈 수 조차 난 없는데 없는데 Yeah

네 안에서 점점 난 약해져 가
늘 머물러 있는 이 사랑 안에
Oh 난 I’m Trapped I’m Trapped"

Both begin to sing together, as you continue to dance, lining yourself up to Kyuhyun's right, synchronized perfectly with the other dancers and the music.

"나는 지쳐가 나 혼자서만
꿈을 꾸고 있나봐
세게 흔들어 나를 깨워주겠니
깨워주겠니 I’m Trapped I’m Trapped
난 나를 잃어가 너 없인
나의 이름 조차 기억이 안 나
이젠 네 안에서 나를 놓아주겠니
놓아주겠니 I’m Trapped I’m Trapped"

Henry continues:

"I’m Trapped Oh- I’m Trapped Oh-
I’m Trapped Oh- I’m Trapped Yeah-"

You link arms again with the other dancers, blocking Kyuhyun for a moment. Then you and the one of the dancers unlink for a moment to let him through. You link arms again, leaning to the left and then to the right as Kyuhyun and Henry continue to sing.

"널 잊고 싶어 (널 잊고 싶어)
날아가고 싶어 (날아가고 싶어)
널 내려놓고 (널 내려놓고)
자유롭고 싶어 (자유롭고 싶어)"

Henry holds the last note and then you all spring up, snapping your handkerchiefs out of your backpockets. You and the rest of the backup dancers have red ones while Henry and Kyuhyun have white. You continue to dance, tossing the handkerchief and swinging it in time with the others, as the song continues.

"나는 지쳐가 나 혼자서만
꿈을 꾸고 있나봐
세게 흔들어 나를 깨워주겠니
깨워주겠니 I’m Trapped I’m Trapped
난 나를 잃어가 너 없인
나의 이름 조차 기억이 안 나
이젠 네 안에서 나를 놓아주겠니
놓아주겠니 I’m Trapped I’m Trapped"

You and the rest of the backup dancers spring offstage, leaving Kyuhyun in the middle of the stage, while Henry goes back to the piano.

"I’m Trapped Oh- I’m Trapped Oh-"

Kyuhyun heads off stage, leaving Henry to finish the rest.

"I’m Trapped Oh- Ooh- Ooh-"

****

You lean back in the passenger seat, grinning from ear to ear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter