A Late Night Chat

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You and Henry enter the eleventh floor dorms. Kyuhyun, Zhoumi, and Sungmin are busy watching TV and eating ramyeon. You recognize the program. It's the one you and Henry were just on.

Kyuhyun turns as you both walk into the room and take off your shoes. "Well, well, well. Look who's here!" He grins mischievously.

Zhoumi pauses the show. You see yourself with your arm around Henry on the screen.  "안녕 [Annyeong]! You both are really good on there. The song was amazing," Zhoumi says with a grin. 

"Thanks, Mimi!" Henry says, grinning.

"Yah, Henry-ah!" Kyuhyun calls. "You seem pretty comfortable with Jaehwa being so close to you." He gives Henry a smirk. "Tell me, did you have any trouble putting your mic on?"

Henry's eyes widen a bit, and his face starts to flush. 

You in, walking over to the couch. "Yah, Kyuhyun! Did you save any ramyeon for me?"

He smirks at you. "아니 [Ani]."

"Good," you reply, snatching the bowl from his hands and picking up a whole glob of noodles in his chopsticks. You shove the whole thing in your mouth. You plop down on the couch between him and Zhoumi, as you chew the noodles in your mouth. You prop your feet up onto Kyuhyun like he's an ottoman. "Thith imm reammy goodt," you say with your mouth full. Kyuhyun, sits there staring at you stunned, while Zhoumi, Sungmin, and Henry burst out laughing. 

You swallow the contents in your mouth and hand the empty bowl to Kyuhyun. "감사 [Kamsa], 형제 [hyungjae]."

He stares at you for another moment, completely dumbfounded. 

You smirk at him. "You're not the only evil maknae around here." You chuckle as Henry's phone begins to ring. 

He picks it up. "Yeoboseyo? ....네 [Ne]......Two days from now? ...That should be fine. I think he's still planning on doing it. Let me ask." He puts his hand over the speaker. "Kyuhyun-ah, are you still performing 'Trap' with me at the show, the day after tomorrow?"

Kyuhyun nods. "네 [Ne]."

Henry grins. "감사 [Kamsa]." He removes his hand from the speaker. "네 [Ne]. He is..... Mwoh? ... Arrasso... Mmhmm.... I'll ask." He puts his hand over the speaker. "Jaehwa? Do you want to help me out again?"

You grin. "Sure. What can I do for you?"

"I need you to be a backup dancer again. There won't be any singing or rapping this time."

You nod, still smiling. "Of course I'll do it, Henry-ah! No problem!"

He grins, removing his hand again from the speaker. You shake your head. He doesn't seem to realize that whoever is on the other end can still hear everything he's saying.

"네 [Ne]. She said she would... Mmhmm.... arrasso.... 감사 [kamsa],  형 [hyung].... I'll hang up now." He puts down the phone and then turns to you. "Jaehwa, can you come down to SM around 4pm tomorrow to start learning the dance? We'll be in the same practice room as this morning."

You nod. "Yeah. That'll be fine." You feel your heart start to beat faster. You get to perform again!

Zhoumi looks at the still frozen screen. "Want me to press 'play'?"

Before anyone can answers, you feel your phone begin to vibrate and a random ringtone start to play. "Sorry," you say in apology. You pull out your phone quickly, answering it. "Yeobo--"

"JAEHWA!!!!" you hear a voice cry out from the earpierce. You pull the phone away from your ear. The guys around you stare at you, obviously wondering who the person on the other side of the line is. He's obviously loud and mad.

You take a deep breath. "네 [Ne], 아버지 [Abeoji]?"

"WHAT THE HECK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!" 

"W-what do you mean?" you stutter out, confused by his outburst. 

"YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN! WHY WOULD HENRY ALLOW YOU TO PERFORM WITH HIM?"  Everyone is staring at you wide -eyed as your father continues to yell over the phone at you. "WHY ON EARTH WOULD HENRY SAY HE'S GOOD FRIENDS WITH YOU? YOU'VE ONLY KNOWN HIM FOR A FEW DAYS!!! TELL ME, JAEHWA! ARE YOU SHARING THE SAME BED WITH HIM?!?!?!" 

Your feel your face burn up in a mixture of both anger and embarrassment at his implication. "Yah!"  you cry, "I've never even--"

"SHUT IT, JAEHWA! YOU WERE PRACTICALLY ALL OVER HIM ON THE SHOW TON--" 

As your father continues to yell at you, you quickly get off the couch. "미안합니다 [Mianhamnida]," you say quietly to the guys. As you leave the room, your eyes begin to burn up with angry tears. How dare he even say that?! He knows that you are not like that! You hurry to your room, shutting the door behind you. "아빠 [Appa]," you say, firmly. "It's not like that at all. We're just friends. Nothing more. He's like my 형제 [hyungjae]. I was just helping him with--"

His stern voice cuts you off. "Is this how you're going to try to reclaim your career? It's over, Jaehwa. Accept it." He hangs up. 

You set your phone down on the bed, a sickening feeling in your gut. His words hurt. Even though you know that he's still angry over everything between you two, and is just using tonight as an excuse to make you feel hurt too. You realize that he is just still bitter and doesn't know how to respond to everything. He still holds much resentment over the fact that you didn't stay to pursue your dream.

You let out a sigh and then head to your dresser to take out your pajamas. You hurriedly put them on and crawl into bed, setting your alarm early for tomorrow so that you can workout early tomorrow with your 형 [hyungs]. You switch off the light. 

A few minutes later, a shadow passes in front of the crack beneath your door. You hear a soft knock on your door. "Jaehwa? Are you alright?" You don't answer, hoping he'll go away. You would rather not have to talk about that whole thing right now. You're too fatigued for that. After a moment, the shadow leaves. You let out a sigh and slowly drift to sleep, your father's words echoing in your ears.

****

An alarm goes off, not the alarm clock though. You bolt out of bed, realizing that it's the fire alarm. You open the door and rush out to the kitchen from whence a burnt smell is coming. You grab the fire extinguisher from the closet and rush into the kitchen.

The kitchen is filled with smoke. You see fire coming from the stove. You spray the contents in the fire extinguisher at the fire. You stop after a couple seconds and turn off the stove before spraying the rest of the mini fire on the pan. After a moment you stop and survey the damage.

You see a burnt pan with some unrecognizable food, completely charred to a crisp, on the stove. Kyuhyun is staring wide-eyed with a spatula in his hand several feet away. 

The alarm continues to blare. You grab a dishtowel and get up onto on the counters and start fanning the air by the smoke detector to turn off the alarm. You hear voices and footsteps, hurrying down the hall.

"What's going on?!" shouts Shindong, bursting into the kitchen, followed closly behind by Sungmin, Henry, Kyuhyun, Zhoumi, and Eunhyuk.

The fire alarm stops blaring. You let out a breath and look down at the guys who are staring between you, Kyuhyun, and the charred mess on the stove. 

"What happened?" asks Zhoumi.

"I was hungry," says Kyuhyun with a cheeky smile. "Still am."

Sungmin groans. "Don't tell me you burnt ham, again!"

"아니 [Ani]!" Kyuhyun retorts. "I burnt fried toast."

"Mwoh?" you ask, staring at him in disbelief. You remember you ate his dinner. "미안해 [Mianhae] everyone. This is my fault. I forgot to make Kyuhyun a replacement dinner for the one I ate. 미안해 [mianhae], Kyu 형[hyung]." You hop down from the counter and using the dishrag in your hand, grab the handle of the charred pan and bring it to the sink. You turn to the other guys in the kitchen. "Go get some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter