ZhouJae Ending

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You run backstage, panting and breathless. You can't believe he--!

You look down at your chest, your s no longer concealed with bandages. You gulp down hard. Now everyone knows...

You slam your back against the corridor wall, tears beginning to stream down your face.

It's all over now.

Your career is over. 

There's no way on earth SM will keep you now. Everyone knows that you are a girl. 

That's it! There's nothing left for you!

You bite your lower lip in anger, trying to hold back the tears that haven't fallen yet as you wipe away the ones that have with the back of your hand. 

You lean your head back against the wall.

What was he thinking?!

You hear footsteps down the hall and you see Heechul walking towards you. Angered, you push yourself off the wall and slam your fist into his chest, shoving him against the wall. "WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" you cry out in pain. 

Heechul shoves you off of him. "Don't blame me! It had to be done and you know it!"

You clutch onto his clothes. "What gives you the right to—"

"Shut it, Jaehwa!" he spits back, pulling you off of him once more. "If you want someone to blame, then blame Zhou Mi. He asked me to do it!"

You feel your heart plummet within your chest.

He did?

...Zhou Mi?

With a huff, Heechul straightens out his shirt and begins walking down the corridor toward the dressing room, leaving you dumbfounded.

...Zhou Mi asked him to do it?

You feel your legs start to shake slightly. You lean against the wall for support.

Zhou Mi...

...but he...

...!

You like him...

...and now?

Hot tears begin to burn your eyes.

He betrayed you...

...Why?

You quickly brush away the tears trailing down your cheeks and then bite your lower lip to keep from crying more. It's no use. Your breath gets more shallow and the tears start to fall quickly.

You like him...

You pull your cap down low over your eyes and begin to walk down the corridor once more. You take deep breaths, trying to compose yourself. You reach the dressing room. Taking a deep breath, you open the door, keeping your head low as you enter. 

The dressing room is silent as you cross the room towards your duffel bag. You can feel the discomfort in the room as you keep your eyes to the ground and hoist your duffel bag onto your shoulder.

"Jaehwa?" His voice causes you to freeze in place. 

You gulp, taking a deep breath after to keep your calm. You turn around slowly without looking up. You manuever your way around him and head toward the exit. 

"Jaehwa-ah, I need to talk to you," he says softly, his voice echoing in the still room. 

You shake your head ever so slightly as you keep walking to the door.

"Jaehwa-ah! Wait! I need to—"

You shut the door behind you as you enter the corridor. You walk towards the closest womens' washroom and enter. You get into an empty stall and begin to change. As you take off your shirt, your unbound and unsupported s are exposed to the air. Shivers run down your spine as tears continue to fall from your eyes.

Why did you have to like him?

He's always been your 형 [hyung].

Nothing more.

Why did you have to start to fall in love with him?

You sigh, wiping away the tears with your hand before putting on your street clothes. After putting on a dark, loose hoodie to make your unsupported s less noticable, you walk out of the stall and head to the sink to wash out your eyes. As you bathe your eyes in the cold water, the door to the washroom opens up. You do not look up from your task, wishing to avoid contact with anyone and everyone at the moment.

"Jaehwa?"

You bolt up from the sink, water splashing on you as you jump in surprise. You look at Zhou Mi through swollen eyes.

He looks at you sadly.

You shift your eyes to the floor. 

"Jaehwa, I'm sorry." He lets out a sigh.

You blink quickly, trying to hold back more tears. You turn away, your hand flying to your eyes to wipe the tears again. They won't stop though.

You hear his footsteps come across the floor and then the sound of the paper towel dispenser. Then you hear the water in the sink turn on for a brief moment.

"Here, let me help," he says softly, coming to the other side of you. 

You open your mouth to object, but Zhou Mi begins to dab the tears away gently. You glance up at him and you see that his eyes are filled with remorse.

"Jaehwa," he begins, slowly bringing the paper towel to your eyes. You close your eyelids and feel him gently dab the wet paper on top of them to soothe them a bit. "I'm really sorry for having Heechul do that." He lets out a sigh. "I didn't know what else to do though." He takes a deep breath. "After seeing what happened to you at the gym the other day, I—" You feel him remove the paper towel from your face. "—I didn't want you hurting yourself any more." You open your eyes. "The truth is—" He tosses the paper towel in the waste bin. "—I have feelings for you. I like you."

Your eyes widen in surprise.

He likes you?

You stare at him in disbelief. "You do?" you croak out, your voice barely making it above a whisper.

"네 [Ne]," he replies softly, a smile coming on his face. 

He likes you!

You feel your heart swell and tears of happiness start to fall from your eyes. You smile, trying to wipe the tears, but they just insist on falling.

Zhou Mi looks down at you softly, removing your hands from your face. "I've got it." He leans forward, cupping your cheeks gently in his hands. His face comes close to yours and his warm breath tickles your nose. You close your eyes instinctively as his lips brush away your tears. He gently pecks your cheek, slowly moving up towards your eye. He kisses all the tears from that side and then moves to your other cheek. A sweet shiver runs down your spine as his lips cause the rest of your tears to disappear.

A smile crosses your face as his lips start to near yours. You reach up, wrapping your arms around his neck, wishing for more.

His arms wrap around your waist as his lips meet yours for the first time.

****

Later that night, he tells you that he did not think you could even care for him, until that one day when Taemin brought over the lie detector. He confesses that after you had went to bed and were talking with Amber on the phone that night, he snuck outside your door to eavesdrop on the conversation.

He then tells you how he confessed later to Suho over text that he thought you were more than just pretty the day of the supposed "bet" and even let it slip out that he has feelings for you.  

****

The news about your true identity circulates quickly, and you are put on haitus as Super Junior continues their World Tour. SM does not know what to do with you. The fact that a girl has been cross-dressing in an all boy band is a scandal in itself. However, add the fact that she has been living in an all men's dorm... Well, that's an even bigger scandal on their hands.

Your father tries to explain things, but little can be done. You are put on hiatus until further notice. 

However, this does not prevent you from going to every Super Show on the tour, sneaking in as either a crew member or a member of the audience, your father, supporting you in this every time.

He is not the only one who supports you though. Your fans, your ever loyal Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs, rally to your aid as well, sending you encouraging comments and letters of support. 

****

You sit in the reserved section of the stadium, watching the concert. You smile, knowing that it is time for your boyfriend's solo.

The music starts to play. 

Your brows furrow in confusion. This is not the song that is usually played. You lean forward instinctively as Zhou Mi begins to sing.

 

"If I should stay
I would only be in your way
So I'll go but I know
I'll think of you every step of the way..." ["I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston]

 

You sit back in your seat, listening to the song.

 

"And I... will always love you, ooh
Will always love you
You
My darling, you...
Mmm-mm..."

 

As he sings, you reflect on the past few months since he had Heechul expose you. Despite the busy schedules he has had with the rest of the members, he has made sure of your well-being. The day after he exposed you, he took you to the doctor to make sure that everything was alright with you after binding yourself so much. Needless to say, the pain and bruises you had been experiencing, came from your bruised ribs, which needed rest. Without schedules to contend with, you were able to heal, making sure to wear only the most comfortable of bras you owned. 

You smile, thinking about how every day, even when he was strained because of schedules, he would make sure that you were doing alright.

 

"Bittersweet memories –
That is all I'm taking with me.
So good-bye.
Please don't cry:
We both know I'm not what you, you need..."

 

Zhou Mi starts walking down the runway part of the stage, continuing to sing. He looks up at the section you are sitting in.

Your eyes widen.

Is he...

...singing to you?

His voice rings out beautifully.

 

"And I... will always love you
I... will always love you
You, ooh..."

 

He reaches the stairs to your section and he smiles up at you.

You feel your heart begin to beat faster in both anticipation and embarrassment.

Your 형 [hyung] is serenading you!

 

"I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you've dreamed of
And I wish you joy and happiness
But above all this I wish you love..."

 

He starts climbing the stairs, his eyes sparkling happily as he makes his way toward you.

You bite your lower lip slightly in embarrassment.

 

"And I... will always love you
I will always love you
I will always love you
I will always love you..."

 

He reaches your seat, which is right on the edge of the aisle. Zhou Mi gets down on his knees, directly in front of you. 

You feel your cheeks heat up. 

This is so weird.

Your 형 [hyung] is serenading you in front of everyone!

 

"I will always love you
I, I will always love you..."

 

You smile, shaking your head softly at him. You reach your hand up, flipping off the mic in his hands.

 

"You.
Darling, I love you.
I'll always—"

 

As his voice cuts out from the speakers, he stops singing, chuckling slightly. "白痴 [Baichi (Idiot)]..."

You grin at him, shrugging your shoulders slightly.

He sets down the mic on the floor and then places his hands on your thighs, leaning forward. He smiles and whispers, "I'll always love you." His lips then connect with yours, letting SM and the rest of the world know that you both are together and that he will always love and support you.

****

Zhou Mi's little stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter