JaeWon Ending

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You run backstage, panting and breathless. You can't believe he--!

You look down at your chest, your s no longer concealed with bandages. You gulp down hard. Now everyone knows...

You slam your back against the corridor wall, tears beginning to stream down your face.

It's all over now.

Your career is over. 

There's no way on earth SM will keep you now. Everyone knows that you are a girl. 

That's it! There's nothing left for you!

You bite your lower lip in anger, trying to hold back the tears that haven't fallen yet as you wipe away the ones that have with the back of your hand. 

You lean your head back against the wall.

What was he thinking?!

You hear footsteps down the wall and you see Heechul walking towards you. Angered, you push yourself off the wall and slam your fist into his chest, shoving him against the wall. "WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" you cry out in pain. 

Heechul pushes you off of him. "야 [YA]! DON'T BLAME ME, I--"

The sound of feet running down the hallway catches in your ears as another voice interjects. "Jaehwa-ah!"

You turn your head recognizing the voice instantly as belonging to him.

Siwon hurries over to you. "Jaehwa-ah! It wasn't Heechul's fault. It was mine." He sighs. "I asked him to do it."

You feel your anger melt into betrayal and pain as a lump forms in your throat and your chest clenches.

He told Heechul to do it?

He exposed you?

But why?

How could he?

You have feelings for him...

You stare at him in shock as Heechul quietly leaves the scene. "형 [Hyung]," you begin quietly, trying to keep your voice steady and normal, not wanting to betray the pain you feel in your heart as you feel like it is ready to snap in half. "Why did you do it?" you ask, still trying to remain calm, though you feel you are about to crack at any moment as tears start to form in your eyes.

Siwon sighs, leaning against the wall, his forearm propped against it. "미안합니다 [Mianhamnida], Jaehwa-ah. I--"

You bite your lip, trying to keep yourself calm, but it is not helping. The tears start to fall against your will. You lower your head as you push your baseball cap down to avoid letting him see your tears. 

He continues, letting out a staggered breath. "I am truly sorry, Jaehwa-ah, for exposing you like that. I know that I should have come to you first, but--" He sighs heavily. "After what happened in the gym, I didn't want you hurting yourself any more. I saw the pain you were in and I knew that you would never agree to revealing yourself, but I couldn't just let you continue to hurt yourself like that. I--" He breaks off, turning from the wall to look at you. "I like you Jaehwa. I like you a lot, and there's no way I am going to let you hurt yourself like that any more."

You swing your head up in surprise.

He likes you?

He did it so that you would not be in pain any more?

You stare at him in shock, not fully being his words. 

He exposed you so you would not hurt yourself, because he likes you?

He likes you.

"미안합니다 [Mianhamnida]," he says, bowing low. He lifts his head up, tears staining his own cheeks now. "미안합니다 [Mianhamnida]." He turns around to leave.

"Wait!" you call out, your voice rather hoarse at the moment. "Siwon 형 [hyung]!"

He turns around, wiping the tears from his eyes. "네 [Ne]?"

"Don't leave! I--" You take a deep breath, trying to calm your overwrought emotions. "I like you too." You feel as if a huge weight has been lifted off you just by uttering those few words.

His whole expression changes and the next moment you find him crashing into you, holding you in a deep embrace. "I really am sorry," he whispers in your ear sadly. 

You shake your head. "Don't be. I understand why you did it."

"I promise we'll get you back in the group," he says. 

You nod into his chest. "Alright."

"What can I do to make it up to you in the meantime?" he asks, pulling away slightly. 

"I could use a good cup of coffee," you reply with a chuckle, reaching up to brush away the remaining tears. He takes your hand in his before you can wipe away the tears, and instead, dips his head down, kissing the tears off your face. You find your heart thumping wildly in excitement as a smile adorns your face. 

As he pulls away, he whispers gently, "So, I'm actually going to pay for your coffee without an arguement?" He flashes a smile at you and you cannot help but laugh. 

"네 [Ne]. You can pay for me for the whole next month." You grin cheekily, remembering how you made him promise that he could not pay for you for a whole month back when you were a trainee.

He smiles. "아니 [Ani]. I will pay for you from now on. That's what boyfriends do for their girlfriends, right?"

You chuckle as he takes your arm in his. "네 [Ne]."

****

Later that night, he tells you that he did not think you could even care for him, until that one day when Taemin brought over the lie detector. He confesses that after you had went to bed and were talking with Amber on the phone that night, he snuck outside your door to eavesdrop on the conversation.

He then tells you how he confessed later to Suho over text that he thought you were more than just pretty the day of the bet and even let it slip out that he has feelings for you.  

****

The news about your true identity circulates quickly, and you are put on hiatus as Super Junior continues their World Tour. SM does not know what to do with you. The fact that a girl is cross dressing in an all boy band is a scandal in itself. However, add the fact that she's been living in an all men's dorm... Well, that is an even bigger scandal on their hands.

Your father tries to explain things, but little can be done. You are put on hiatus until further notice. 

However, this does not prevent you from going to every Super Show on the tour, sneaking in as either a crew member or a member of the audience with your father supporting you in this every time.

He is not the only one who supports you though. Your fans, your ever loyal Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs, rally to your aid as well, sending you encouraging comments and letters of support. 

****

As you sit in the family section, the next song starts to play. Your brows furrow in confusion. 

What song is this?

It's supposed to be Siwon's solo, but it does not sound like the song he normally does. You lean forward in your seat as Siwon appears.

You almost burst out laughing when you hear what song he is singing.

 

"There's a calm surrender to the rush of day
When the heat of a rolling wind can be turned away
An enchanted moment and it sees me through
It's enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...

 

You recall how when you were at the hotel with him, Wookie, and Donghae, Hae had told Siwon to sing this song for you.

It had seemed like a joke at the time, but now?

You wonder...

Did he plan on singing this to you before at some point? 

Your eyes widen, wondering if that was the case.

As he sings his solo, you reflect on the past few months since he had Heechul expose you. Despite the busy schedules he has had with the rest of the members, he has made sure of your well-being. The day after he exposed you, he took you to the doctor to make sure that everything was alright with you after binding yourself so much. Needless to say, the pain and bruises you had been experiencing, came from your bruised ribs, which needed rest. Without schedules to contend with, you were able to heal, making sure to wear only the most comfortable of bras you owned to keep from expierencing any more pain. 

You smile, thinking about how every day, even when he was strained because of schedules, he would come to the eleventh floor to make sure that you were doing alright.

"And can you feel the love tonight?
It is where we are
It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
That we got this far..."

 

He continues to sing, his gaze fixed on the family section.

Omo!

He really is serenading you!

He starts to walk across the stage, heading for the stairs of the family section.

 

"And can you feel the love tonight?
How it's laid to rest
It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
Believe the very best..."

 

He mounts the steps, his eyes connecting with yours and never leaving them as he does so. Since you have a seat next to aisle stairs, he calmly climbs the steps to you and then leans down on one knee. You cannot help but shake your head ever so slightly as a smile adorns your face. He is always trying to be a gentleman to you, no matter how much of a tomboy you can be. 

 

"There's a time for everyone if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn
There's a rhyme and reason to the wild outdoors
When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours.."

 

Your cheeks colour slightly as he takes one of your hands in his free one, the hand that is not holding the microphone. You would have preferred that he not serenade you. He is your 형 [hyung] after all. However, he is also your boyfriend and him doing something like this makes you feel rather special.

 

"And can you feel the love tonight?
It is where we are
It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
That we got this far..."

 

You bite your lower lip slightly in embarrassment before deciding to put your boyfriend's little song to an end. 

Smiling, you lift up your free hand and switch the microphone to "off".

"And can you feel--"

 

His voice cuts out from the speaker and only you hear the latter part."--the love tonight?" He puts down the microphone with a chuckle, realizing that his voice can no longer be heard by the rest of the audience. "I love you," he whispers softly.

"I love you too," you reply with a grin. "But next time you can skip trying to act like a Disney® prince."

He grins widely at your statement. "Not yet." He reaches a hand up to your neck, gently guiding you forward until your lips meet his in a sweet and gentle kiss. 

****

 Siwon's little stunt at the concert ends up convincing SM to allow you to be a part of Super Junior again; in part due to the influx of support from your Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs, and partly due to the fact they wish to avoid more scandal.  

****

Five years later...

Your alarm blar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter