DongJae Ending

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You run backstage, panting and breathless. You can't believe he--!

You look down at your chest, your s no longer concealed with bandages. You gulp down hard. Now everyone knows...

You slam your back against the corridor wall, tears beginning to stream down your face.

It's all over now.

Your career is over. 

There's no way on earth SM will keep you now. Everyone knows that you are a girl. 

That's it! There's nothing left for you!

You bite your lower lip in anger, trying to hold back the tears that have not fallen yet as you wipe away the ones that have with the back of your hand. 

You lean your head back against the wall.

What was he thinking?!

You hear footsteps down the hall and you see Heechul walking towards you. Angered, you push yourself off the wall and slam your fist into his chest, shoving him against the wall. "WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" you cry out in emotional pain.

"야 [Yah]!" cries Heechul, shoving you off of him. "He came to me and told me to do it for your own good!"

This catches you off guard. He?

"Who?" you ask, your expression melting from one of anger to one of mixed curiousity and distrust.

"Your little high school sweetheart, of course!" he practically shouts.

"What the heck are you talking about?!" you cry, staring at him in confusion.

"DONGHAE!!" he cries.

You take a step back, stunned. High school sweetheart?! "W-what do you mean?" you ask, narrowing your eyes. "Why in the world would he world would he ask you to do that? And what do you mean by--" You feel a large lump catch in your throat, sticking heavily, preventing you from uttering another word.

You are so confused. You only recently realized you had feelings for him and now THIS?!

Heechul raises an eyebrow at you with a scoff. "You really don't know, do you?"

"Know what?" You continue to glare at him.

"He likes you, Jaehwa. He's liked you since before you moved away, back when you were both trainees and you were still in high school! Bet you didn't know that, did you?" He shakes his head over your ignorance. "I thought he had gotten over you a long time ago, but I guess your return made him remember."

You look at Heechul, too stunned to react for a moment. "왜 [Wae]?"

"Ask him yourself," he says simply, turning away to head to the dressing room.

****

After getting changed in the women's washroom for the first time in months, you set your duffel bag on the floor and slide your back against the wall until your rear ends meets the floor. You pull your knees to your chest, wrapping your arms around them.

Waiting for your 형 [hyungs] to finish changing, you try to ignore the stares of the passersby as they murmur quietly amongst themselves. You pull your baseball cap low in front of your eyes and hang your head down as some of the hair and makeup 동생 [dongsaengs] pass by you, whispering things about you that you would rather not repeat. Their heels echo down the corridor while their words echo in your ears.

Lost in thought, you fail to notice another set of footsteps come your way. You feel someone's presence above you. He crouches down, lifting the bill of your cap so that he can see your face.

You look up, leaning your head back against the wall as he looks at you with regret in his eyes.

"미안해 [Mianhae], Jaehwa-ah. I just--" he stops, biting his lower lip. He heaves a sigh. "Eunhyuk knows about my feelings for you and he told me what happened that day at the gym."

You look down from his gaze.

He takes a deep breath. "I don't want you to hurt yourself any more, Jaehwa. I didn't want you risking it any more, because, quite frankly I like you a lot. I always have."

You look back up, seeing the tears begin to well up in his eyes. You can't stand to see him like this. As a tear begins to spill from his eye, rolling down his cheek, you instinctively reach up your hand to wipe it away. "형 [Hyung]?" you ask quietly. "It's alright. I know why you did it. I'm not mad at you...." You gulp, preparing yourself to say what's running through your mind. "In fact, the truth is..." you trail off, rubbing the back of your neck in awkwardness. "I would have done the same thing for you, 오빠 [oppa]."

Donghae's eyes widen and his eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "오빠 [Oppa]?"

You smack a hand across your mouth. Where the heck did that come from?! "I meant '형 [hyung]'!" you cry out quickly.

Donghae's lips curve upward into a smile. "I haven't heard you call me that since the night you slept over at my house all those years ago."

Now it's your turn for your eyebrows to shoot up and your eyes to practically jump out of their sockets. "Mwo?!?!?!"

He smiles shyly. "You fell asleep and I carried you to the couch." He bites his lower lip. "You looked so cute, that I had the urge to kiss you on the forehead. I did, and you called me '오빠 [oppa]' in your sleep."

"You kissed me on the forehead? And I said...?!" you cry out loud, shocked at this discovery.

Donghae nods, a cheeky smile plastered across his face.

As you take in this newfound information, your lips soon begin to curl into a smirk. "Looks like 형 [hyung] is going to have to pay for that kiss."

"Bet you can't catch me to do it!" he shouts, bolting into a run down the corridor, his duffel bag bouncing behind him.

"You're on!" you cry out, taking off after him.

****

Later that night, he tells you that he did not think you could even care for him, until that one day when Taemin brought over the lie detector. He confesses that after you had went to bed and were talking with Amber on the phone that night, he snuck outside your door to eavesdrop on the conversation.

He then tells you how he confessed later to Suho over text that he thought you were more than just pretty the day of the bet and even let it slip out that he has feelings for you.  

****

The news about your true identity circulates quickly, and you are put on haitus as Super Junior continues their World Tour. SM doesn't know what to do with you. The fact that a girl is cross dressing in an all boy band is a scandal in itself. However, add the fact that she's been living in an all men's dorm... Well, that's an even bigger scandal on their hands.

Your father tries to explain things, but little can be done. You are put on hiatus until further notice. 

However, this does not prevent you from going to every Super Show on the tour, sneaking in as either a crew member or a member of the audience, your father, supporting you in this every time.

He is not the only one who supports you though. Your fans, your ever loyal Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs, rally to your aid as well, sending you encouraging comments and letters of support.

****

As you sit in the family zone section, the next song begins. You tilt your head in bewilderment when you realize that Donghae is on stage alone.

He does not have a solo...

He is supposed to be singing "Oppa, Oppa" with Eunhyuk.

What is going on?

He begins to sing.

 

"You are completely beautiful
I just can’t be without you, girl
You are completely beautiful
I just can’t be without you, girl..."

 

Donghae dances as he sings the words, which are filled with emotion.

As he does so, you reflect on the past few months since he had Heechul expose you. Despite the busy schedules he has had with the rest of the members, he has made sure of   your well-being. The day after he exposed you, he took you to the doctor to make sure that everything was alright with you after binding yourself so much. Needless to say, the pain and bruises you had been experiencing, came from your bruised ribs, which needed rest. Without schedules to contend with, you were able to heal, making sure to wear only the most comfortable of bras you owned. 

You smile, thinking about how every day, even when he was strained because of schedules, he would come to the eleventh floor to make sure that you were doing alright.

As you listen to the words of the song, you recognize the song as it is one of the songs your 형 [hyung] had put on your phone.

 

"I think of what we were like when I first met you
Your bright smile, your excited words, your warm hands
I thought of you every day
I couldn’t do anything (almost going crazy)..."

 

Your eyes widen as you realize that he changed some of the lyrics to his song. It was supposed to go: "Your bashful smile, your shy words, your cold hands".

 

"Unable to turn my gaze away
Like a fool, I could only lose myself in you
I want to walk together with you for a lifetime
I will protect you, I love you, oh love..."

 

He turns his gaze directly to the family section and you feel your heart begin to beat faster, realizing that he is singing to you.

 

"Cause you are so beautiful
Let me gasp against your lips, to say this phrase, “I love you”
Cause you are so beautiful
Just stay by my side (you belong only to me)..."

 

With a childish grin, he begins to make his way toward where you are seated. You let out a small scoff while shaking your head ever so slightly as your lips curl into a smile. 

 

"My beautiful, my beautiful, oh oh
It’s fine if time stops like this; it’s fine if we grow old
I love you, I love you, thank you, thank you
Occasionally, when there is a quarrel
I will cry as I kiss your lips..."

 

Climbing the steps of the family section, he makes his way toward you, still singing the words of the song, his face slightly flushed from nervousness. He reaches your row and beckons you with his hand for you to come to him, so he does not have to shuffel past people.

Having really no choice in the matter, you stand up, pulling your baseball slightly lower in embarrassment from this unusual attention in front of so many people. You carefully make your way past people, heading toward him.

 

"Cause you are so beautiful
Let me gasp against your lips, to say this phrase, “I love you”
Cause you are so beautiful
Just stay by my side (you belong only to me).."

 

Reaching him on the steps, Donghae suddenly puts his arms around you, pulling you close to him and catching you off guard. Giving a slight gasp in surprise, you look up at Donghae as he tilts your baseball cap to see more of your face.

 

"I’ve only given her my everything
I will love you forever, oh..."

 

Gazing at you with warm eyes and a soft smile, he begins to lean forward, closing the gap between the two of you as his voice drops almost to a whisper, confessing his feelings for you.

 

"Cause you are so beautiful
I want your lips to belong only to me
Cause you are so beautiful
I will never let go of these hands I hold so tightly." ["Beautiful" by Donghae]

 

Pulling you into him, the gap between you two ceases to be, and your lips meet his in a steady kiss. Donghae deepens the kiss for a few brief moments, before pulling away suddenly. Gasping slightly, with his lips still almo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter