ShinJae Ending

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You run backstage, panting and breathless. You can't believe he--!

You look down at your chest, your s no longer concealed with bandages. You gulp down hard. Now everyone knows...

You slam your back against the corridor wall, tears beginning to stream down your face.

It's all over now.

Your career is over. 

There's no way on earth SM will keep you now. Everyone knows that you are a girl. 

That's it! There's nothing left for you!

You bite your lower lip in anger, trying to hold back the tears that haven't fallen yet as you wipe away the ones that have with the back of your hand. 

You lean your head back against the wall.

What was he thinking?!

You hear footsteps down the hall and you see Heechul walking towards you. Angered, you push yourself off the wall and slam your fist into his chest, shoving him against the wall. "WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" you cry out in pain. 

"It wasn't his fault!" Shindong cries out, running down the hall towards you.

"He exposed me!" you cry out angrily, still shouting at Heechul. "Now I can't ever--" Your voice falters.

"하지마 [Hajima]!" commands Shindong, pulling you off of Heechul and holding you tight in his arms.

You struggle to get out of his grasp. "Let me go, 형 [hyung]!"

Shindong continues speaking, "It wasn't his fault. It was mine."

You stop struggling in his arms as the full force of what he just said hits you hard.

"I asked him to do it," continues Shindong as he motions with his head for Heechul to leave. Heechul takes the hint, adjusting his shirt with a huff of irritation.

You feel a deep pain in your heart at hearing Shindong's words.

He asked Heechul to expose you?

Why?

How could he?

You like him.

You care about him.

He's been the one you have been so desperately trying to view as just another 형 [hyung], but have been slowly falling more and more for him...

...And now this?

You try to gain composure over your emotions, but it is too late. The tears begin to flow freely down your face. 

You look down through your teary eyes and notice that he is still holding onto you with his arms wrapped around your waist. 

This is just too painful. 

"Let go, 형 [hyung]," you say, trying to sound firm and not expose the hurt you feel inside. 

He lets go of you, sighing as he does so. "Jaehwa-ah, I know you are mad at me, but--"

You do not want to hear it. Pulling your baseball cap low over your eyes and then sticking your hands in your pockets, you begin to walk away from him.

"Jaehwa-ah! Wait!" He catches your arm, holding you back. "Just hear me out."

Keeping your head down, you nod your head slightly. No matter what he has done to you, he deserves to at least get a listening ear from you. 

Sighing, he says, "Can you turn around, Jaehwa-ah?"

Still keeping your head low, you turn around, crossing your hands over your chest instinctively since you have neither bandages nor a bra on under your shirt. 

Shindong scoffs softly. He reaches over, lifting your baseball cap up a little. "야 [Ya], pretty boy, you--" His voice cuts off as he sees the tears spilling down your cheeks. "Jaehwa-ah?" he speaks in a softer tone, brushing his thumbs across your cheeks to wipe away the tears. 

You bite your lower lip to try compose yourself. 

"Jaehwa-ah," he continues softly. "I heard about what happened at the gym the other day, and I didn't want you hurting yourself any more. That's why I exposed you. I didn't want you hurting yourself. I couldn't bear the thought of--" He sighs. "The truth is--" He smiles softly. "I think I'm falling in love with you."

Your head shoots up in shock and your eyes widen. "진짜 [Jinjja]?" you ask in disbelief.

He chuckles, nodding his head. "네 [Ne]." 

You continue to stare at him in disbelief.

He likes you?

Shindong chuckles. "Well, aren't you going to say something, pretty boy?" 

You smile at his joke, feeling a wave of happiness rush over you. "야 [Ya], 형 [hyung]! If you like a girl, then shouldn't you show it in another way than exposing the fact that she's not a guy in front of everyone?" You say the latter part in a rather pointed matter, though your eyes glisten with joy.

His smile turns to a frown. "미안해 [Mianhae], Jaehwa-ah. I just didn't want you hurting yourself any more."

You scoff quietly, smiling up at him. "It's alright. I would have done the same thing to you." You smirk at him, showing him that you understand why he did it.

His smile turns gentler and he slowly wraps his arms around you. "I'm still sorry though."

You wrap your arms around him as you smile at him. "Don't be. We'll figure something out, Donghee-ah."

"I haven't heard you call me that in a long time," he says, his eyes gleaming in excitement at hearing his real name. Suddenly, he slides his hands to the back of your thighs, picking you up off the ground.

You let out one of your mouse-like shrieks and instinctively throw your arms around his neck as you feel your feet leave the floor. 

Donghee laughs softly at your little shriek. "Pretty boy, you actually do scream like a girl."

You chuckle, looking down at him slightly from your new vantage point. You look into his eyes and feel your heart swell with happiness. Even though you have no idea what is going to happen with your career, you somehow know that everything is going to be alright in the long run. Dipping your head down, you wrap your arms tighter around his neck, your face just centimeters apart from his.

Donghee leans forward and so do you, your lips meeting together for the first time in a sweet and loving kiss. 

****

Later that night, he tells you that he did not think you could even care for him, until that one day when Taemin brought over the lie detector. He confesses that after you had went to bed and were talking with Amber on the phone that night, he snuck outside your door to eavesdrop on the conversation.

He then tells you how he confessed later to Suho over text that he thought you were more than just pretty the day of the bet and even let it slip out that he has feelings for you.  

****

The news about your true identity circulates quickly, and you are put on hiatus as Super Junior continue their World Tour. SM does not know what to do with you. The fact that a girl is cross dressing in an all boy band is a scandal in itself. However, add the fact that she's been living in an all men's dorm... Well, that's an even bigger scandal on their hands.

Your father tries to explain things, but little can be done. You are put on hiatus until further notice. 

However, this does not prevent you from going to every Super Show on the tour, sneaking in as either a crew member or a member of the audience, your father, supporting you in this every time.

He is not the only one who supports you though. Your fans, your ever loyal Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs, rally to your aid as well, sending you encouraging comments and letters of support. 

****

You sit in the family zone section as the next song begins. Your eyebrows furrow in confusion as you realize that this song was not part of rehearsals. You watch as the rest of the members start dancing on stage. 

 

"O-oh, O-oh, O-oh, O-oh, O-oh, O-oh..."

 

Donghee takes the center as he begins to sing solo.

 

"Your heart that used to be strong becomes sensitive when I’m hurt
Take my hands silently, hold me silently, I’m only wishing for such little comforts
You don’t know my heart that wanted to do more just for you..." ["No Other" by Super Junior English Translation]

 

He is the only one who sings the main parts while the rest of the members are background singers and dancers.

As he sings, you reflect on the past few months since he had Heechul expose you. Despite the busy schedules he has had with the rest of the members, he has made sure of your well-being. The day after he exposed you, he took you to the doctor to make sure that everything was alright with you after binding yourself so much. Needless to say, the pain and bruises you had been experiencing, came from your bruised ribs, which needed rest.Without schedules to contend with, you were able to heal, making sure to wear only the most comfortable of bras you owned. 

You smile, thinking about how every day, even when he was strained because of schedules, he would make sure that you were doing alright.

"Call out my heart, free my soul
It always felt like the first time, these remaining days are more than the time that I came to love you..."

 

Donghee begins to walk across the stage, his eyes looking towards the family zone section.

Your eyes widen. 

Is he singing to you?

 

"There’s no one like you, even if I look around it’s just like that, where else to look for?
A good person like you, a good person like you, with a good heart like you, a gift as great as you
How lucky that I’m the person who will try his hard to protect you, where else to look for?
A happy guy like me, a happy guy like me, the guy with the happiest smile like me..."

 

His steps draw him closer to the family section and he smiles up at the section. 

He is serenading you.

 

"When my greedy heart  gradually search to other directions
When my mind can’t handle whenever my greed grow even more
I know all those reasons that clearly says that you’re here, it’s the only one
I’m always thankful. I could do better as you do

Call out my heart, free my soul
It always felt like the first time, these remaining days are more than the time that I came to love you..."

 

His eyes connect with yours as he begins to climb up the stairs.

You shake your head at him, not wanting to be serenaded, but you know that it is only inevitable.

 

"There’s no one like you, even if I look around it’s just like that, where else to look for?
A good person like you, a good person like you, with a good heart like you, a gift as great as you
How lucky that I’m the person who will try his hard to protect you, where else to look for?
A happy guy like me, a happy guy like me, the guy with the happiest smile like me..."

 

He reaches the same row as you. As he begins to rap, he beckons you to come over to him. 

You click your tongue, knowing that you have no choice in the matter. 

 

"You know, I’m a little bit shy sometimes, you don’t know but you’re burning like the sun, please understand my feelings
Even those girls that appears on TV shows are sparkling, you’re always the one in my eyes (I’m going crazy crazy Baby)..."

 

You feel a smile light up your face as you finally finish shuffling past people's legs to get to him. As he continues, he takes your hand, leading you down the steps.

 

"Hearing you tell me that you love me, I have everything in this world, You & I, You’re so fine, is there someone like you?
I love you Oh, please know it, to me there’s only you, that I stupidly see you as my everything..."

 

As your feet reach the stage, he pulls you into an embrace, still singing to you.

 

"We arrived on the same road, we’re just the same, how surprising, how grateful, it’s love... 

 

Smiling, he turns off his mic and drops it onto the stage as the rest of the guys continue to sing in his place. Pulling you ever closer, he leans his head down and his lips claim yours.

 

"There’s no one like you, even if I look around it’s just like that, where else to look for?
A good person like you, a good person like you, with a good heart like you, a gift as great as you
How lucky that I’m the person who will try his hard to protect you, where else to look for?
A happy guy like me, a happy guy like me, the guy with the happiest smile like me

O-oh, O-oh, O-oh, O-oh, O-oh, O-oh."

 

As the song comes to a finish, Donghee breaks away for breath. "I love you, pretty boy," he says with a smirk before claiming your lips again as he lifts you up, spinning you around gently, letting everyone in the audience know how he feels about you.

****

Donghee's little stunt at the concert ends up convincing SM to allow you to be a part of Super Junior again; in part due to the influx of support from your Heart Breakers and Heart Throbs, and partly due to the fact they wish to avoid more scandal. 

****

3 years later...

You come home after another day of shooting for your latest drama. You head to the mas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter