Man Up

You Are the One (a Super Junior Love Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Music Bank... Music Core... M! Countdown... Inkigayo...

Mulitple performances... Many shows... Music Videos...

Fan meetings... Press Conferences... Interviews...

Super Junior Comeback... Super Junior-M Comeback...

Everyone in Super Junior is just waiting for the Repackage to be released officially...

With all of the schedules in full motion, everyone seems to be exhausted. You look around the room at everyone as they sit around the tenth floor lazily. After a day full of schedules, everyone is completely fatigued. Yawning heavily, Ryeowook stretches his arms out in front of him as he sits next to you on the floor. Everyone just seems too tired to move.

Leeteuk enters the room.

"You better not be bringing any bad news, Gaeteuk," mutters Heechul.

"I'm not," he retorts, flopping himself onto an empty spot on the floor. "You are completely free in your schedules for the next few days, if I'm not mistaken."

"네 [Ne]," Heechul mumbles with a tone of thankfulness under his breath.

Leeteuk looks between the members. "Some of you aren't though..." His eye falls on you. "Did you pack for China?"

You scoff. "네 [Ne], 엄마 [umma]. I did. I'm a big kid now." You smile at him good-humouredly.

He shakes his head. "Disrespectful 동생 [dongsaeng]." He looks at Siwon. "Did you pack?"

"네 [Ne], 형 [hyung]."

"Eunhyuk?"

"네 [Ne]."

"Sungmin?"

"네 [Ne]."

"Zhou Mi?"

"네 [Ne]."

"Kyuhyun?"

"Only my boxers." Kyuhyun smirks at Leeteuk, purposely being a smart-alec.

Leeteuk shakes his head. "Your loss, pabo."

"Or perhaps my gain," retorts Kyuhyun with a wink.

Everyone groans at Kyuhyun's remark. Henry grabs a pillow from the couch and chucks it at Kyuhyun. Chuckling, Kyuhyun tosses it back, missing and hitting Ryeowook in the head. Ryeowook, hugs the pillow to his chest, snuggling his sleepy face into the soft cushion.

"Moving on," continues Leeteuk. "Henry?"

"네 [Ne]."

"Donghae?"

"네 [Ne]."

"Ryeowook?"

A gentle snore comes from the figure next to you. You turn and see Ryeowook fast asleep, drained from hectic schedules. How did he fall asleep so fast? You nudge him gently. "야 [Ya], Wookie-ah! Wake up!" No response comes from his fatigued body. 

Kangin chuckles. "We'll just carry him to bed if he doesn't wake up."

"But what if he still hasn't packed yet?" asks Leeteuk. "They have to leave kind of early tomorrow to catch their plane."

You nudge Ryeowook again. "I don't think he's going to wake up, 형 [hyung]." You look back at Leeteuk. "But don't worry. I'll take care of packing his stuff in case he did not do it."

After a few more failed attempts to wake up Ryeowook, Kangin and you carry Ryeowook to his bedroom, setting him on the bed. As Kangin leaves the room, you begin searching around to see if his luggage is packed. Finding his luggage empty, you set to work on packing it with clothes and other essentials. 

It's almost like doing their laundry, so it's not really a big deal. You do their laundry all the time, but you never let them do yours for obvious reasons. They would probably end up putting all the dark colors with the white ones or something like that... Ok. They probably wouldn't be that stupid, but you would rather not have your girl clothes smell like guy clothes after the laundry is done...

Zipping up the luggage once the task is completed, you begin to hear a noise from the bed. You get up from the floor and look over at Ryeowook. He's chomping down on his teeth and grinding him.

You walk over to the bed, shaking him slightly. "야 [Ya], Wookie! Wake up! Don't grind your teeth. You'll mess up your teeth and you'll wake up with a sore jaw," you say, still shaking him. 

He does not seem to notice you at all. Heaving a sigh, you shake your head. You did not want to have to do this, but you really have no choice...

Snatching a nearby plush giraffe, you hit him hard. "Wookie-ah! Wake up!"

"Whaaaaaaaat?" he groans, sitting up sleepily. Blinking his eyes tiredly, he looks up at you like you are crazy.

"야 [Ya]! You were grinding your teeth. You don't want to to ruin your teeth or wake up with a sore jaw tomorrow." You toss the plushie at him. "You're one of our main vocalists. We can't let even your jaw be sore. You might find it harder to belt out that voice if you can't relax your jaw right."

He looks at you sleepily. "알았어 [Arasso]..." He stretches his arms out, yawning. "How long have I been asleep?"

"Not too long," you reply.

As if realizing something, his eyes widen. "Um, Jaehwa-ah? Why are you in my room anyway?"

"Teuk- 형 [hyung] wanted you to pack up your luggage for tomorrow. Since you were asleep, I volunteered to do it for you."

"Oh..." He nods his head in understanding. He looks like he is about to fall back onto his pillow in any second.

You shake your head at him. "Go back to sleep, Wookie-ah. You look completely exhausted." 

He nods tiredly, crashing into his pillow. Shaking your head, you leave the room, closing the door behind you. 

You walk back to the living room. "See ya later, everyone!" you call with a wave. "I'm going to head upstairs and relax."

"See ya!" They all call from their places as they stare at the TV screen while Sungmin tries to find something for them all to watch. 

Walking out the door, you head up the stairs to the eleventh floor, ready to tear the bandages from yourself once again. There seems to be so little time of being a girl that your chest is just dying to get out of its prison.

Sliding the card key through the door, you walk inside, heading toward your own room. Getting inside, you strip away all the bandages quickly. You stare at yourself in the mirror. This is not good. It is obvious that you are going to have to find more times when you do not have to disguise yourself so much...

The door opens behind you.

Gasping in horror, you scramble to cover yourself, dreading that it is one of the guys, as you grab your nearby T-shirt to hide your chest.

"언니 [Unni], I--" Amber's voice cuts off, gaping as she stares at you.

"Haven't you ever heard of knocking before?!" you cry out in irritation, even though you are thankful that it is her and not one of the guys.

In her guyish clothes, Amber runs over to you, eyes widened. "언니 [Unni]?!"

"Get out!" you cry. "I'm getting dressed!" You do not want her to see what you are trying to hide.

"언니 [Unni], did I just see what I think I saw?"

"If you mean my s then, yeah. You have them too, now go!" You gesture your head to the door, waiting for her to get out of your room, dreading her staying any longer.

"No!" Amber cries out in English. "That's not what I meant." She steps closer, but you back away.

"Amber, really? What is this?" You try to play dumb, even though you are sure she will see right through it.

"Jaehwa!" she cries. "Don't you dare do that! I know what I saw!" She glares at you. Setting her face hard, she bolts for you, tackling you onto your bed. You let out a gasp of surprise, clutching the shirt tighter to your chest as she tries to wretch it from your grasp. 

"Jaehwa, let me see!"

"No!" 

"Why are you so-- Ow!"

You try to shove her off of you, using one of your hands while the other clings the shirt to your torso. "하지마 [Hajima]!" 

An idea arises in her mind and she pulls her fist back, slugging it into your solar plexus. Taken by surprise, your grip loosens, giving her a chance. She takes the fabric from your grasp, ripping it away from you, exposing you completely. Letting out a gasp, Amber stares at your chest as you hastily try to cover yourself with your arms.

"Amber!" you cry out in a mixture of anger and shame, feeling completely exposed and vulnerable as her eyes fill with sadness at seeing fully what you had been trying to hide.

Amber continues to stare, looking completely taken back. "Ja-Jaehwa? Are all those bruises and marks from the bandages?" 

You nod your head slightly, the bedsheets rustling slightly beneath your head as you do so. You feel as if all the strength has been zapped from your being. "네 [Ne]."

"언니 [Unni]..." Amber sits back, pulling the baseball cap off her head for a moment, ruffling her hair. "How long have you put up with that?"

You fake a smile, not wanting her to worry. "Not long at all, my 동생 [dongsaeng]. It's only doing this because schedules have been so hectic, and I haven't really had many chances to be a girl." You say all this casually, as if the whole thing is no big deal at all, although inside you are overwrought with emotions. "Now, if you don't mind..." You reach over, snatching the shirt from her grasp. "...I'll take this back." You sit up, turning around and pulling the shirt over your head, trying to hide the tears that are forming in your eyes. 

"Jaehwa- 언니 [unni]?" Amber's voice is quiet as if she is hestitant to ask something.

"Yeah?" You blink away the tears in your eyes, wiping away the ones that spill onto your cheek with your hand. 

"Do the guys know?" 

"No, and I don't plan on telling them. I don't want them to worry." You turn around, looking at Amber hard. "Don't you dare tell them either, especially--" You break off, realizing you were about to say his name. 

Amber's eyes widen.

You quickly continue, making up something. "--Suho. That's almost the same as telling them, because he will go and tell them himself. Don't tell my father either. I don't want him worrying about me either." 

Amber raises an eyebrow, obviously not quite buying your excuse."Jaehwa, were just about to make a confession?"

"No!" you cry out in irritation. You scoff. "Why do you always have to assume that I like one of them? I swear, underneath your tomboy exterior lies a hopeless romantic."

She smirks. "Are you sure you are not talking about yourself?" 

"Aish..." you mutter. "Seriously, you are hopeless."

She continues to smirk at you. "Jaehwa, it is extremely obvious now."

"Hey! I do not like any of them!"

"Yes, you do! Why can't you just admit it?" She smacks you in the chest.

"Ow..." you groan in pain, shoving her in the arm. "You punk."

"Oh, sorry, 언니 [unni]." She looks at you in sympathy as you grimace from her smack against your sore torso.

"Sure you are," you mutter, shaking your head. 

"What are you going to do about that?" she asks curiously.

You let out a breath, flopping back against the pillows. "Once schedules slow down, I'm sure I'll have more time to heal. We're going to start preparing for SS4, but the shows for those are pretty spaced out, so I'll have more time to be a girl."

She looks at you skeptically, not quite sure if that will really work.

"Don't worry, Amber-ah. I'll be fine."

****

 2005.09.30 (September 30, 2005)

"야 [Ya], Wookie!" you call out, heading into the lobby with your backpack slung across one shoulder. 

He grins, waving at you as he walks toward you, meeting you half-way. "Nice job, Jaehwa."

"감사 [Kamsa]," you reply with a smile.

"Are you going to be doing any more plays this year?" he asks, raising an eyebrow. 

You shake your head. "아니 [Ani]. 아빠 [Appa] was against me taking on this play in the first place with me getting ready to debut with my group in a few months." You click your tongue. "He wasn't sure if I could tackle this and still give my all to the group."

He nods in understanding, having just been put in a new group himself as a fresh trainee. "Well, maybe once you debut, he'll be more open to you acting again." He gives you an encouraging smile.

"Maybe," you respond, adjusting the strap on your backpack. "Anyway, let's get going. I'm ready to just go home and hang out with you guys."

"You sure your mother is okay with us all coming?" he asks hesitantly.

You scoff. "It's only going to be you and Jongwoon. That's not very many. We're just going to be watching a movie anyways, so it's not too much trouble at all."

Ryeowook's cell phone starts playing a tune, indicating that he has a call. He picks it up. You walk away to give him a little space as he talks on the phone. After a couple minutes, he walks over to you. "미안해 [Mianhae], Jaehwa-ah. Jongwoon and I are going to have to cancel plans. Our managers just called saying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter